The paucity of English opportunity thread

Discussion in 'England' started by wellno, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Scott Parker now not seeing it with Tayo Edun.

Using Luca de La Torre, Matt O'riley and Tyese Francois ahead of him.

Will need to find a new club.

2. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I just hope Soskjaer is given enough platform to get the 3Gs through and if things don't go well at least he would have got them involved in the group to have a chance to impress.

3. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Not sure if I mentioned on here previously, he didn't get on at ITFC because he was just late for everything. Always late for training, team meet ups, etc and he was banished for a couple of weeks due to it initially and then sent back early.

Spoke to one of the players and they said it was just embarrassing how often it happened.

Obviously no idea if that is what has happened at Fulham, but if it is it is no surprise to see an ultra-professional Scott Parker, trying to make his mark, not putting up with it.

hussar, David Hurford and Garibaldi11 repped this.
  4. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Greenwood is going to be involved a lot this year. He can play on the right wing and I don't think United are looking to sign anyone in that position this season. The hope that they can sign Sancho next season.

From what Ole has been saying and the minutes that Garner has got so far it doesn't seem like he's in Ole's plans for the first team this season that much.

Gomes has really caught the eye in the past two pre-season games and has really shown his technical qualities. He always looks really confident and hungry when he plays for the seniors. It will be interesting to see if Ole trusts him with some minutes.

5. Manchester21

Manchester21 Member

Manchester City
    England
    Jun 17, 2017
    Tommy Doyle and Taylor harwood bellis look like very good prospects for us. I’d rate them as highly as foden

6. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  7. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
  8. Sensanetional

Sensanetional Member

Apr 4, 2017
    Taylor Richards has announced what looks like his departure after some bad luck with injuries, was previously linked with Monaco so wouldn't rule out him looking at moves abroad
    1151886993661616128 is not a valid tweet id

David Hurford and Garibaldi11 repped this.
  9. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Was just about to post this also. Think he was also linked to Inter Milan a while back too so a move abroad seems like a decent option for him tbh.

10. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Yeah, I think Inter was doing the rounds end of last season.

You guys ever find out why Felix didn't make the tour squad ?

11. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Well that was quick

David Hurford, hussar, Sam1010 and 2 others repped this.
  12. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Deleted mine ADM - within seconds :D

Tosin close to a move though

Marcho Gamgee and ADM99 repped this.
  13. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I wonder if Richards will be involved with the first team this season and get minutes? Could be a good move under Potter, not sure how good he is at integrating youngsters into his side? I guess at Swansea he was only there for a season and I didn’t pay that much attention tbh. Also got to factor in the Dan Ashworth affect and he wants to get more youth team players promoted.

14. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    #1264 Garibaldi11, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    That is definitely the plan I think. Might have to be patient initially but I think there is definitely going to be a focus of getting u23 players in the squad. But it is bloated due to the mixed recruitment.

Not sure how much Potter got Roberts & Rodon involved but pretty sure he did Dan James but when you think about how guys like Grimes, Fulton, Byers, McBurnie, Baker-Richardson - they were all floating to no where at Swansea before he came and he got them to be important to key members.

hussar repped this.
  15. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think he's got every chance. He's really good and now has the size to handle his business among men.

hussar repped this.
  16. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Callum Gribbin is apparently also going to Brighton after his release from United.

Incredibly talented player but has been blighted by injuries and supposed attitude issues.

17. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Very impressed by Harwood-Bellis and Doyle. I think the City lads are in great hands with Pep.

Just hope that Doyle can find a way to cover up/improve his glaring weakness; a lack of pace and mobility.

18. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    thebigman repped this.
  19. Manchester21

Manchester21 Member

Manchester City
    England
    Jun 17, 2017
    I don’t agree with the lack of pace. He’s just as fast as de Bruyne and silva. His game isn’t about pace anyway.

It’s great too see such talented young English players at city. We spend lots of foreign youngsters when the reality is our best young players are all local ones.

David Hurford and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  20. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yep, obviously Foden has already come out from the Academy but for me Harwood-Bellis and Doyle are the best players in the Academy and local. This is a main reason I’m never actually that bothered that we get in loads of foreign players as other than Brahim, I’ve not been blown away by them and always been more impressed with the local/English players we have there. After Brexit I think we will see more British/English kids given more opportunities at City and within the Academies in general as we won’t be able to sign foreign players under 18 years old so I believe.

21. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Brighton signed Todd Miller from Colchester, the 16yo who played for their first team last season.

David Hurford and hussar repped this.
  22. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Has anyone seen much of Arsenal's pre-season games? I heard that Saka has been outstanding. What position has he been playing?

23. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Left wing I think

24. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Greenwood at it again.

1152568301001875457 is not a valid tweet id

1152571185382797318 is not a valid tweet id

Sam1010, David Hurford and AJ123 repped this.
  25. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Hit the bar too with and great run and flick, totally the kind of cute finish you’d see from RVP, like the goal. If England have a two footed Van Persie on our hands we’ll be very happy.

David Hurford and Marcho Gamgee repped this.