The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No clue, haven’t been following them as much lately. It’s been going on for years though, sponsorship rights.

2. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Good. We'll take Guardiola off their hands.

3. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The only thing I have doubts over is the fact that R7 and him are not friends.

4. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Easy, even if it is unfortunate to admit. Real Madrid have been the team of the decade.

phat repped this.
  5. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Someone explain why Gasperini doesn't get a sniff from the big clubs? Inzaghi is the new flavor of the month because of his recent accomplishments with Lazio, yet I would argue that Gasperini has gotten almost as much from a less-talented squad playing far more attractive football.

juveeer and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  6. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He failed at Inter when he got his shot. He is rigid with his tactics. Works for a small club with no name players where there is time to implement a system & no pressure to win.

7. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    They gave him like two seconds. That's not fair. Klopp is also a system coach and he has been the most successful manager on the planet the last couple of seasons with a massive club in Liverpool and another top club in Dortmund.

juveeer and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  8. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Gasperini insisted playing with a 3-back system when he did not have the personnel to do so. Everyone saw it but him. His success at Atalanta has been gradual. He is not going to walk into some club & recreate what he has now.

9. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    As for Klopp, he has had some success but he arrived at Liverpool in 2015. Took him a while to get at their current stage.

10. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #4210 phat, Feb 20, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    Gasperinni wanted Juve desperately. I think he goes to Milan in 2 years.

11. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    It worked out.

12. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So you are willing to wait 3-4 years for Sarri to get his act together?

13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I still don't get the reasoning or the panic. If Sarri wins trophies, why fix it?

14. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Bringing on Sarri to wait 3-4 seasons to win something is not what Juventus is about.

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Viva la Calabria! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

gumbacicc repped this.
  16. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    To be fair, Liverpool was in shambles when Klopp took over. They lost a lot of key players and were suffering. Liverpool also signed a number of good players before Klopp got them where they are now.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  17. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I think anyone who has read my posts knows I would not have chosen Sarri and we should be considering new options this summer provided that this season goes the way I think it will go, i.e., no Champions League trophy.

When Sarri got the nod fairness dictated that that club give him time to implement his style. He's had over six months to make that happen and the team's football is still poor, we have no identity and there is no clear starting XI.

I don't know what that has to do with Gasperini though.

18. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Gasperini is no different than Sarri, stuck on his tactics. That is what did him in at inter. He believes his system works regardless of the talent he has before him. He did not have those type of players at Inter and his unwilling to change did him in. Do you think he will get Ronaldo chasing and taking down opponents like Gomez does?

19. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I didn't say that Gasperini is for Juve. You don't have the players here to play a high intensity, high-pressing game, direct game. That said, Liverpool gave Klopp time and he built an exceptional squad that fit his idea of how the game should be played. And it wasn't as if every signing was Ronaldo and Messi.

20. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So then you agree with me that Gasperini is not a good fit at many clubs, including Juve. That is not why he is not wanted so much although his stock will rise after this season.

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its kind of difficult to judge Gasperini at Inter as e was only there for 5 games. Inter , Juve and Milan are too big for him. He is only good for provincial clubs like Genoa and Atalanta though. I doubt he would do well at either Lazio or Roma. e could do a good job at a Fiorentina.

Despite his great results in Bergamo, it remains to be seen if he ever wins a trophy. Unless he pulls off a CL miracle, I doubt he will win anything anytime soon.

22. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Yeah, I think it depends. Where we have made Ronaldo the focal point of the club and we don't have a lot of other players that will work, he's not for us. That's not to say he couldn't have managed another top club. You have to think he will have suitors from other big clubs in the summer.

23. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He will become the flavor of the month. But as we are seeing with Sarri, repeating something you had success at another club does not work everywhere else. So he is dependent on an owner that will provide him with the players he wants to make his system work.

24. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Klopp says hi.

25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don’t watch EPL as I think it’s an over hyped and overrated league. To his credit though, Sarri did win the Europa League last year and you have to give him credit for that. The EL in the later stages , is not as easy a competition as is perceived.

juveeer repped this.