The Other Juve related news discussion thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by 1251alex, Jan 20, 2011.

1. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First part of the article was trash, stuff towards the bottom, I largely agree with.

2. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Dante repped this.
  3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve is required to list all that information because they’re a publicly traded company.

4. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Nice article up on ESPN about the transfer and accounting issues that Juve are facing.

6. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Gab doesn't like Juve, but even he can't bring himself to say this is illegal.

"Commodification" of players has been going on in all sports since forever. As far as I know all American sports amortize their player contracts just like this. Oh, and BTW, Gab, it is the CONTRACT AND AQUISITION FEE that are amortized, not the player himself.

Accounting does drive many decisions, esp. with publicly traded companies. I am not sure there is a good way to fix this "problem" if it is a problem, esp. where the club is publicly traded. If they didn't follow the accounting rules they would be in violation of accounting standards and be in bigger trouble with the EU regulators.

Bottom line is, if both clubs agree on prices/values, how can UEFA or the Italian authorities step in and revalue them?

it is a nonsense....which means that is exactly what they will try to do.

Luckily for us most of the league and most of Euro football will be affected also, so there will be a more concerted pushback against this overreach than there was with the "Get Juve" mentality that drove the farce that was Calciopoli.

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes, I also don't think anything will come of this either. I always read The Swiss Ramble on financial analysis stuff.

juveeer and usnroach repped this.
  8. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  9. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  10. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  11. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    In retrospect, Ronaldo did us a favor by paving the way for Vlahovic. I'm thankful to him for that.

12. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I just went on my social media accounts and the two Juve-related items I see are Chiesa pedaling a stationary bike, presumably in rehab, and McKennie, smiling, and on crutches. I'm not sure if that is supposed to make us feel better or worse.

usnroach repped this.
  13. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve has opened talks with Giovanni Sartori for next season to reinforce the sports management area. At the beginning of February there was the first meeting. Sartori will leave Atalanta at the end of the season.

dean smith, scirea6 and usnroach repped this.
  15. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Francesco Calvo is returning to Juve. He was Juve's Chief Revenue officer before he left in 2015.

16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  18. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    scirea6 repped this.
  19. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't say CR7 ended up, I would say COVID ended it. Between no fans, condensed season/preseason, and revenue, it was almost a bit of a perfect storm to end our reign. Maybe it was for the best, so we didn't continue down a risky path of overpaid free transfers that because extremely difficult to sell.