The Other Juve related news discussion thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by 1251alex, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

usnroach repped this.
  2. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Lotito is right down there with ADL as Serie A's hair shirts.

Both need to be buried.

3. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.football-italia.net/166874/juventus-announce-€113m-loss-so-far-2020-21

Juventus officially announced the financial report for the first six months of 2020-21, confirming a loss of €113.7m.

The Board of Directors at Juventus Football Club met today under the chairmanship of Andrea Agnelli and approved the half-year financial report for December 31, 2020.

The Old Lady announced the accounts for the first six months of the current campaign, with revenues of €258.3m, down from €322.3m in 2019-20.

The costs increased slightly to €263.4m and the club revealed the losses for the period amounted to €113.7m.

Juventus explained the ‘continuation of the pandemic has generated a significant negative impact on revenues’, estimated to be around €50m.

Obviously it is impossible to predict that there would be 0 revenue in ticket sales and gameday services for over a year, but the amount of money we are losing is going to make things difficult to reinforce the squad over the summer.

4. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Every team is in the same boat, there won't be big spending this summer

Dante and scirea6 repped this.
  5. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    This is completely expected. Given the financial situation that had already been plaguing the league and the severity of the epidemic in northern Italy, it could have been worse.

There won't be spending this summer, but there's no reason to be concerned about the long term (at least not yet).

6. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  7. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beppe spent millions of dollars that Inter doesn't have. They still haven't even made their first installment payment for Hakimi and Real want their money.

Inter also failed to pay their players contractually obligated bonuses.

Inter are struggling financially, it's why their owners want to get out of the game. That's why they need a $200 million cash infusion asap. Not sure if we should be following their lead.

9. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Selling their soul for the scudetto!

ooo wait, they've already done that...

10. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    #2710 juveeer, Mar 3, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    Well, SOMEONE at that club signed off on all of that.

But his talent evaluations seem better than what we have seen from Paratici so far.

11. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paratici was the talent evaluator for Marotta ever since their time at Samp. Marotta was the business side of things.

Dante repped this.
  12. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yep, Paratici was the one finding the talent. Marotta just signed the checks.

13. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Marotta has always done his best work under financial constraints: Venezia, Samp, us.

I don't think it should be denied that he has turned the c*nts around, but he could have done the same even if the owners were more financially responsible. It may have taken longer, but he certainly would have made them competitive even with a more limited budget.

And anybody who claims that Paratici hasn't been a disappointment, or at least failed to meet the expectations we had hoped for him, since taking over...

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

gumbacicc, cizko and juveeer repped this.
  14. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006

Why do we have to denigrate Bepe's contributions? He has done well everywhere he has been.

So he thought signing Ronaldo was a mistake and a departure from the way the club has been built. Allegri wanted to build the brand so he made the investment anyway.

Both were correct from their own POVs.

Paratici and Nedved wanted to move up. They did. NOW it is they who are on the clock. So far there have been several misses as well as a couple of hits in Chiesa and Weston McK. But we still need more help. Let's see how they do over the next year or two.

Their first decisions on managers (firing Mad Max and bringing on Sarri) were not good. Pirlo always was going to be a work in progress so if they don't intend to keep him around next season, you have to question that one as well - esp. with all the injuries the poor guy has had to deal with.

OTH, if he is a mere placeholder for DDC, Zizou or Pep if and when he wins everything at City this year, then fine. Otherwise they have to bring Pirlo back or their judgement is once again in question.

For the first time in a decade the future of our club is in jeopardy. I am not sure we have the right guys in charge to redo this team.

Hope I am wrong.

15. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #2715 juventino13, Mar 3, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    No one is denigrating Beppe, its the truth, though of course both had their say. He was the money man, Paratici was the talent hunter, its been documented.

The sky isn't falling, the team is good and still needs a few pieces, but they are going to be hard to fill with the financial issues everyone is facing due to the pandemic. Pirlo was a mistake, regardless what happens with him in future. Sarri no one liked, but he won the title which is something I doubt we'll be saying with Pirlo at the end of the season.

And we're not getting Zidane, or Pep or anyone else at the end of the season, I highly doubt the club can afford any of them. We're either stuck with Pirlo, or if we do awful (which we already are) the club will find an experienced, but cheap alternative.

Injuries sorry to say are not an excuse. We should have gotten another striker, but clearly we couldn't afford one since we weren't even willing to dish out 20mil over the winter.

And how can you say we don't have the right guys to rebuild when you admit that Chiesa and McKennie are good buys? That's two young players we don't have to worry about. If Rabiot and Bentancur can find form again that's another two we don't have to worry about, though I don't see that happening. Even if it doesn't, we can sell them for a decent amount and move on. If the club can bring in Aouar like they've wanted to do, that's another solid purchase.

This summer will be hard, we will not be able to fill in the positions we need as we need another striker and midfielder. Romero I think returns this summer so we're covered in CB. Another LB would be nice, but Sandro is serviceable if we can't afford one.

I don't see where this doom and gloom is coming from, we can't win every year.

Edit: Also, De Ligt was brought under Paratici, so was Kulu who will hopefully be back to his form at the beginning of the season once he plays in his natural position. Bringing back Morata was also a good piece of business.

One thing that really bothers me about Paratici is that he always downplays losing like its no big deal. It is a big deal at this club, and I'd rather he shut his mouth about it, but I guess he's doing it to take some of the heat off of Pirlo. But this isn't the only season he's done it either so I dunno.

I'm not ready to dismiss him because as of now there's no reason to do so. Everyone has their faults, I mean look at Marotta saying his best piece of business was bringing in Higuain. He paid a 90ME release clause for him, like that's some amazing negotiating, its not and that's one of the main reasons he got fired, not to mention the many players that didn't pan out like Martinez, Krasic, Elia, etc.

For now we just have to go along and see what happens, but the club is getting younger which is something we needed.

usnroach repped this.
  16. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I think my biggest gripe with Paratici was that we wasted a season with Sarri. He should have never been hired.

I know our options were limited at that time, I know that it wasn't exclusively Paratici's fault, but that's what happens when you become DS. Ultimately, the responsibility stops with them.

usnroach, juventino13 and cizko repped this.
  17. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    If Paratici was the talent evaluator such that he should be praised for the players he "found" during the Marotta regime, should he now not get the blame for, more often than not, getting his decisions wrong? Regardless of whether Marotta, Paratici or a combination thereof were in charge of personnel decisions during the Marrotta era, what is indisputable is that we have gotten worse since Marotta left and Inter got better. I'm not sure what Paratici has done to warrant an extension.

He got Chiesa and McKennie right. Bringing on Ronaldo and De Ligt from a pure talent perspective was a no brainer-however resources were utilized on those two that perhaps could have been better spent to strengthen the squad as a whole, and the team has actually gotten worse since their arrival. I think it was Paratici who made the Demiral move, and that may end up working out as well.

On the flipside, the decision to sack Allegri to bring on a clearly inferior Sarri was disastrous and has set us back substantially. Ramsey was a mistake. We also can't say that Rabiot was a good move--and the jury is still out on Arthur. They've had years to fix the midfield and that hasn't happened.

Paratici has left much to be desired.

juveeer and scirea6 repped this.
  18. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I don't see how sacking Allegri was disastrous, his time was up and I believe he took the team as far as we were going to go with him. We won the title with his replacement, so the status quo was kept.

Sacking Sarri and bringing in Pirlo, now that was a huge mistake.

Getting worse would imply we weren't winning the title, which granted this year that may happen. Arthur will be a good player for us, I have faith in him.

Rabiot was free, if we need to move him on its pure profit. Ramsey was also free. No one is mistake free, not Paratici, not Marotta. But to say that Paratici doesn't warrant staying in charge is also wrong.

And if you think Marotta would not have done the freebie deals that Paratici has done, then you weren't paying attention when he was here.

You say Paratici has gotten it wrong more often than not, yet mention 6 players he got right and only two he got wrong so your math doesn't add up.

You say we had years to improve the midfield like that's the only area that needed improving. Imagine the trouble we would be in if we didn't sign De Ligt. Ronaldo, has been mostly good, but having to play around him has made it difficult to implement other ideas, I would still have done the deal. And that was one that Agnelli wanted more than anyone else, he was the one that said it was possible and wanted it to happen.

Dante repped this.
  19. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the end of the day, Paratici only has his recommendation on who the manager is, ultimately it's a decision Nedved and Agnelli will make, and Agnelli will have final say no matter what.

Paratici is also trying to manage expectations when he says that Juve will learn from mistakes. He can't just go out and say, the only thing that matters is winning, as much as fans might want him to. Because then it creates even more pressure for the manager because you'll have fans screaming it. Managing expectations is part of a managers job, and that's what Paratici is, he's upper management.

juventino13 repped this.
  20. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yep, and I alluded to as much in my previous post. I'd just rather he keep quiet instead of saying it out loud. Find another way to take pressure off the coach, lol.

If I remember correctly, Nedved was the one pressuring Agnelli to get rid of Allegri, and he was reluctant but ultimately gave the ok. I may be wrong though.

21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what I remember Nedved was involved with Agnelli leaving and I also believe he was against the Sarri hire.

The Sarri hire was all Agnelli.

22. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    There is old interview with Sarri, he said that both Nedved and Paratici begged him to come to Juve.

juveeer repped this.
  23. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Lots of selective and revisionist history on here today.;)

gumbacicc repped this.
  24. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Aha, sure. Tell yourself that.

25. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member