The Other Juve related news discussion thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by 1251alex, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What an extreme position. She knows nothing of the allegations. So why did she need to talk about it?

2. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Glad she has moved on then.

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now she's saying that she was misinterpreted, she was asked about the Ronaldo thing and according to her all she said was that they were not allowed to discuss it by management. She claims she never said she was in prison and her words are getting twisted.

4. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  5. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That's usually what they say after they've been quoted accurately.

juveeer repped this.
  6. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    To consider prosecuting a10 year-old rape accusation? What did they do, throw out the statute of limitations?

juveeer repped this.
  7. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I noticed the female in question did not give the money back either.....

8. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The lawsuit case is still active and in Nevada 20 year statute of limitations on rape and sexual assault charges since 2015 because of the Bill Cosby allegations. His conviction could have factored into why Mayorga took a shot at Ronaldo. Cosby settled the civil case and his own words at the deposition were used to convict him criminally over a decade later without any physical evidence.

9. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    But even if they changed the time allotted for the statute of limitations on sexual assualt/rape accusations, that should only apply from that year (2015) going forward. It cannot be used to retroactively prosecute individuals, that's an obvious violation of one's constitutional rights.

But since Ronaldo is not an American citizen, he's not guaranteed those protections. Maybe that's why they decided to consider criminal proceedings.

ArtemioD repped this.
  10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    One thing is certain, regardless of whether he has been acquitted or not, I doubt Ronaldo will be playing in MLS at 38 years of age like Ibra is doing. I mean , maybe nothing will happen but why would he want to go down that path to open a can of worms? He will probably go to China to make big bucks and where 1 billion people will care less about what did or didn't happened.

11. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    That is also why Juve prolly won't come back to the States until Ronaldo leaves the club.

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm sure Juve will be back in the US but not now. Looking at how Amanda Knox just returned to Italy after eight years only because she is fully off the hook, I doubt Ronny would go to America any time soon. She was a nobody but CR7 is a world renowned star and wherever he goes he will be labeled. He could end up in Phoenix when he is 40 years of age like Drogba did but that's still six years away...

13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve will play Lazio in the Supercoppa on January 14, 2020 in Saudi Arabia.

14. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Again with ********ing Saudi Arabia, can't wait until that stupid deal is over

15. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The deal was for 2 years, so hopefully next year it's pre-season again.

16. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Since he is such a favorite among so many of you ....

[​IMG]

phat and gumbacicc repped this.
  17. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Happy birthday, Daniele...mediocre players need love too.

Dante, Falc and juventino13 repped this.
  18. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC

19. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  21. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nothing will come of it, South Korean fans butt hurt.

phat repped this.
  22. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On August 6th, the Federal Court of Appeal will discuss Juve's appeal in the dispute to remove Inter's title.

phat repped this.
  23. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Evra had some words on racism in Italy and how it doesn't really seem to be racism properly speaking but more akin to Ultras being Ultras and trying to mess with players heads in any way possible. He also said the leagues campaigns to fix things are dumb and disliked by a lot of players. See some of this below:

" I love England. I have lived so many years in England. You can't call the people in England racist. Italy is the same. But when they come in the stadium, they start to be like animals, acting like animals. That's when they start to use everything for you to have a bad game. Should I call them racists for that? I don't know. There are different ways to hurt a player, but I don't know why you have to talk about his origin or colour."

https://app.football-italia.net/?re...t#article/footballitalia-141653&menu=news-all

I think @Falc expressed similar views to this when it came up in the league last year.

Falc repped this.
  24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You and I got totally different things out of that. He said that it should be up to the league to fix the racism issue, but the “Say and to Racism” one doesn’t work, and he’s 100% right. Players don’t want to wear the shirt because they also feel it doesn’t work, they feel it’s fake because let’s be honest, the leagues approach to it is fake, especially when there are no punishments for clubs that have repeated issues. Evra also said that if the league keeps accepting it, one day something bad will happen.

Also, I don’t see the word Ultras mentioned once in that article. Not sure why you’re saying it’s them that do it to get in peoples heads. In Italy we’ve seen time and time again that it’s not just the Ultras.

There are racists everywhere, the difference is how they’re dealt with by the leagues, in Italy it’s tolerated in others it’s not.