News: The Other Club Teams Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Koeman is on the hot seat already

2. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Anybody watched the EL clasico?

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No I was watching the goal fest at Venlo.

4. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I see Noa lang scored for Club brugge from the spot kick but they lost . Looks like he started in the midfield.

5. Nope. But I was interested in what the Spanish fans had to say about him.
    So I searched for Dest in the Spanish forum. Either the search engine is kaduk or Spanish fans don't care about him, as no results popped up.

6. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Dest had a really good game. Fati did too.
    Rest of Barca sucked.
    Penalty was bullshit.
    Koeman not off to a good start

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Koeman will be sacked once the new management team is elected, maybe sooner if Barca drop out of the top four.

wilson00 repped this.
  8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So the question then becomes, if FdB gets poor results do the KNVB hire Koeman back and drop Frank?? It would look really bad if they did that, but they might not have a choice if they wanna be a Euro contender. It also wouldnt be fair to FdB

9. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    deLigt is listed as questionable for todays game. That means he might be on the bench and get some playing time

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    PIrlo said he is back in training but I suspect it might still be a little early for a return.

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    THIS IS A MESSAGE FROM YOUR MODERATOR (sorry for the big type but I wanted to get your attention).
    I have deleted several posts within the last half hour from a new member of Big Soccer who insists on posting things that are either not relevant to the topic or to be blunt worthless. If anyone has a problem with this they can contact me via PM.

to marley g - if you continue with this I will ban you from posting. I have already warned you.

12. Yeah, I already wondered what the heck was he posting, didnot make sense.

13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  14. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    FdB is facing an increasingly uphill battle... lack of W's (albeit only three games), a new formation, no established forwards to bag goals, losing influential Captain to injury, and little future development to celebrate due to key talents (e.g., Boadu, Stengs, Ihattaren, Bergwijn) in all sort of misfiring lately. And it's not like FdB is a proven genius who can create something smart quickly. So yeah, I would not be surprised if FdB will be on a hot seat soon. Koeman returning to Oranje helmet (once sacked from Barcelona) is actually not such a crazy possibility, IMHO.

15. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    They are already outside the top 4, even if you adjust for games-in-hand. But I feel they are playing better this season and results will follow soon so Koeman will be around for a while.

16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ziyech has his 2nd goal in 4 days for Chelsea :thumbsup:

Orange14 repped this.
  17. Watched the match FC Twente 5-1 PEC Zwolle.To be blunt, Kik Pierie was shite and I would rate his performance with a 4.
    I've been a huge fan of him for how he played at sc Heerenveen. I dunno what happened with him after his transfer to Ajax, but that it wasnot a good thing is for sure.
    In this match he made 2 major blunders, in which he was saved by a tremendous reaction of his goalie and in the other case by the opponent not converting it into a goal.
    He simply looks like he's not interested on the pitch. If he doesnot get on track soon, he will be on his way to become a nominee for our Adu Award.

This was as weird a match as can be. A Finnish (?) national team CD, who gives twice an assist to a Twente striker and then a cooperation between the PEC goalie and a PEC player to get another goal for Twente served on a platter. Twente was bloody awefull. The only good thing was Brama's volley from 20 meters, which was a beauty.

18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Koeman just benched Messi. That took balls

19. Because he signed for ManCity. Players refuse salary cut, resulting in Bsarcelone incapable to pay them their salaries and then they are free agents.
    Edit: It's true. I read it on twitter;)

20. Telstar sold 22500 (22 1/2K!) tickets for the match against Go Ahead Eagles this tuesday evening for 1.63€.
    The price refers to the founding year of the club in 1963.
    The revenues go to the foundation of Feyenoord club doctor Casper van Eijck, who's the world's leading researcher for the deadliest form of cancer.
    upload_2020-11-11_1-6-44.png
    Splendid action:thumbsup:

Orange14 repped this.
  21. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Liverpool lost another first team CD (Gomez) to a long-term injury. So unfortunate. Could have a trickle-down effect to the Dutch youngsters.

Will this push Sepp v.d. Berg to the rotation?
    Will this increase the sense of urgency of Klopp getting a reinforcement in Per Schuurs in next transfer window?

22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Schuurs is in no way ready for the EPL. He makes at least one major mistake in every game and I am still concerned about this quickness.

23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Apparently he was carrying a minor injury. But that strategy never works because Barca always need to sub him in at halftime or early second half, injured or not, so he can save the team' asses. Happened again here.

24. Yeah. I actually rate him lower than Kik Pierie, but he seems to have lost interest since his demotion to Young Ajax and from what I've seen at Twente is still a bit lakclustre in his play.

25. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Barcelona wasted several big chances in the first half.