News: The Other Club Teams Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Mar 30, 2012.

1. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Oh, I fully agree. The pure athleticism, technique, explosiveness and brass confidence that Alphonso has is just next level. He really uses his offensive talents to absolutely blast players, and then with the space he creates for himself he makes great decisions to put his teammates in dangerous positions. For all the Dest hype about how good he is offensively as a back (he's not nearly as good as he's being hyped) I have never seen him blast by a player like that and then actually create a goal. Dest has no end product yet.

Man, you should watch the highlights from this game. Alphonso was insane and i'd say his goal was really the nail in the coffin for Barca that had just pulled a goal back.

2. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Hertha contingent worth looking out for now. Zeefuik already making his presence feel in the pre-season.

3. I, going by the comments I read about how the match developed, think it's rather funny to give this kind of critique, while there almost certainly wasnot any situation or anybody for such a pass. It seems more like a match with all hands on deck to keep the sinking Barcelona boat afloat than a match for such exquisite passes by Frenkie. Who gave this comment?

4. Especially when I read comments on how Kimmich and Davies tore Barcelona apart. The wingbacks, ....against Barcelona...If you realise that, you must be pretty daft to give such a comment. For sure Frenkie can't have been playing well, obviously and the comments on my question sub that, but this "observation"is just ludicrous. The attack of Barcelona must have been AWOL, otherwise no way both Kimmich And Davies can do that. That says enough about the need for those intelligent passes.

5. I don't get Feyenoord didnot take him. We need a good back, given our injuried players and for that money and his qualities you hardly can go wrong.

6. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This ^

Davies is an up and coming superstar, Dest is not

7. Comment in AD Sportwereld, that underpins my remark about the Frenkie comment:
    Suárez passt vooral vanaf middenstip
    [​IMG]
    Luis Suárez. © BSR Agency
    Dat Barcelona er voorin ook nauwelijks aan te pas kwam, blijkt uit een blik op de balverplaatsingen van Luis Suárez. De spits, die zich normaliter met aanvalsmaatje Lionel Messi een weg door de defensies probeert te combineren, verstuurde tegen Bayern slechts 22 succesvolle passes. Negen daarvan gingen vanaf de middenstip naar een ploeggenoot, wat inhoudt dat 40,1% van zijn balverplaatsingen vanaf de aftrap werden verstuurd.

Bayern had more goals than Barcelona shots on the Bayern goal:eek:

8. I expect Barcelona going after Overmars as manager of Barcelona.

9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If Bayern win the CL, Barcelona will owe Liverpool €5M because of the bonus fee written into Coutinho's transfer contract. He's still a Barca player despite being on loan. Serves Barca right for being so stupid in the transfer market over the past five years!

10. Buy Dest, buy him now:D

11. Barca is in a shithole atm. Not so long ago it leaked they wanted to sell almost their complete selection. FdJ was one of 5 iirc they wanted to keep. Problem they have is not so many clubs have either the money or the interest in those players, let alone pay those salaries. So for most of the players themselves there's no reason to move.
    Without sales however Barca has no money to buy. So basically they're stuck.
    I think Messi would be a wanted player, but he's one they want to keep.
    If they need to/want to buy about 19 players who will get them back on their feet again you're looking at 6 players (to complement the 5 kept) with at least a price tag of about 70 million each = 420 million. Add to that the remaining 13 at 20 million each = 260 million, making a grand total of 680 million. If they can't sell the players the burden of the wage bill goes bananas.
    Another corona wave this winter/spring and Barcelona is dead.

12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That Demebele sub for Depay was genius.

3-1 Lyon.

ManShitty go crashing out

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Glad to see Lyon kick out oil money ManCity. Ajax are on the hook a little longer to see if Lyon get knocked out. If Lyon win the CL, Ajax have to go through a qualifying round. It's possible.

14. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    A typical case scenario why NT also needs a super sub for Depay. Building the team around a handful of players has become a trade mark for dutch coaches.it hasnt worked all the time and again this is why good rotation up front is needed.

15. One thing I noted about Lyon that is going to be a problem beating Bayern is their back line can't place a pass longer than 20 meters with precision.
    Given how Bayern plays with wing backs going sofar up the pitch it would be a great thing to place the ball in the hole left by them to kill Bayern in the counter. But to do that it's nice if you can deliver the ball to a player with a Lyon shirt.

Orange14 repped this.
  16. Tahit Chong on loan to Werder Bremen.
    He's not having a real growing track, is he?
    If he had stayed at Feyenoord he would have been in the development track for the first team and now probably already an established player like Malacia.

17. They read my posts in Spain. I wrote that Barca put their complete selection on the sales list except 4 or 5 including FdJ and Messi.
    Mundodeportivo almost copied my post:ROFLMAO: today
    https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20200816/482851201651/barca-bajas.html
    El Barça quiere dar bajas de peso en la plantilla
    • El club se plantea prescindir de titulares con contrato, caso de Suárez, Alba o Rakitic y de otros jugadores importantes como Umtiti o Dembélé

[​IMG]
    Jordi Alba y Luís Suárez tienen las puertas abiertas (Miguel Ruiz/FCB / FCB)

[​IMG]

Gabriel Sans Periodista Barcelona

Actualizado a 16-08-2020 10:31

Koeman would be an idiot to step in now. The sales announcement doesnot bode well for a motivated selection. Remember Barca has to sell them, while nobody wants to/can pay the salaries these players make. So big chance most of them still will be there.
    On top of that Barca has no money to invest. They needed a sell before they could make an offer for Dest.
    So you're both going to enter a disturbed hornets nest and taking over an over the hill selection with no prospect of having the money to make Barca a top team with new buys. Which superstar is going to move to Barcelona in these circumstances anyway?

18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I wonder if Koeman will have the balls to sell Messi if the price is right (maybe PSG, ManCity or Qatar??). I doubt it, but you never know

19. It's not his call to make, so doesnot matter.
    The sale of Messi wouldnot put enough money in the teller to both replace Messi (sort of) AND buy reinforcements.

20. Anyway, after he gets fired in a year time being with Barcelona in 5th place and losing home and away to both Real and Atletico, he can show his resume with a stint at Camp Nou.

21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Maybe not Koeman's call, but he'll definitely have some input into the decision.

I highly doubt they'll sell Messi though, even though perhaps they should. He's 33, how many years does he have left?? He might be able to keep it up for 1 or 2 more years (maybe 3) but then he will most likely regress. And when he's at that age they wont be able to get much money for him. Gotta strike the iron when its hot

22. Seems to become a Feyenoord dominated coaching staff at Barca. Schreuder is rumoured to be joined by Henrik Larsson.

23. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  24. Yeah, but what he forgets is that Xavi doesnot want to step in at this time at all. Barca has got a tremendous debt and for rebuilding they need to sell their entire selection except for a couple consdered core players.
    So you havenot got money, the players for sale are not going to bring in enough money to get better ones to replace them. If you need better players, they will cost you more than the players being not good at the moment. So with a billion in debt and probably a deficit of a couple of hundred millions between the money needed for replacement and the money gotten in for the sold ones, how are you going to lure Xavi in? Koeman took it as it was his last chance before Xavi comes in in two years.
    Just imagine being a superstar and Barca wants you. They sell lets say three players in order to be able to buy you and pay your wages. There you are as a superstar. No clue who comes in too, given the strapped finances.
    Are you really going there if you are a superstar and wanted by clubs not in this mess?