News: The Other Club Teams Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Fair enough. We will see. I have only 1 Thing to say. Canales as far as I hear was a No.10. While Sahin is a CM or a Deep Lying Playmaker. So different scenario.

As for Gomez,personally I hate strikers like him. I mean I expect some level of technicality. He does not have to be be a Messi but I hate 0 Skills Strikers. I dont like Bas Dost & I dont rate Huntelaar as a 0 Skills Striker.

If I were the coach & If I was offered Aguero or Falcao I would bench Gomez for their overall better link up play,passing. But Gomez has enormous work rate & he defends well too.

About the Euros. Gomez wont start. Low loves attacking football & klose opens up ridiculous space for others which Gomez cant. I think he will persist with Klose till 2014 WC to see Klose break the all-time WC Goal-Scoring record.

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm pretty sure Klose is injured as he has not played in quite a while for Lazio. He's 33 now and slowing down.

3. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Yes but I heard he will be back in the final 2-3 games. That was the rumour a whole ago. Also there is more than 1 Month left. He is expected to make his comeback fully.

Germany dont look anywhere near as strong as they seemed say 6 months ago. Schweinsteiger has returned from injury & has not hit Top form & Muller has peaked & subsided. If Low sticks with Schweni & Muller over Kroos & Reus he is going to commit a mistake.

Although Schweni is their true leader & Lahm wears the armband for show. Guess some of this was slightly off-topic.

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Agree with you. I think we will probably get a Euro 2012 thread up and running and can more fully discuss the German NT since they are in the same pool with us.

5. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    And Portugal & Denmark. Although I think Portugal are mediocre but they have been a Bogey team for us.

6. KFofB

KFofB Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Mittelfeld
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Robben just signed an extension

7. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

Chelsea are going to bid on this building, called the Battersea Power Station, to make a 60,000 seater from it. Look at it, what a gem. If they are able to win the bid and maintain it classic lines, shape and keep the 4 towers, this could be one of the best stadiums in the world. From this side of the Channel I say:

[​IMG]

Bravo.

8. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Very cool idea! Must be nice to have unlimited money.

9. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Crazy scenes in Cologne yesterday. What's that smell...?

[​IMG]

10. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    what the shit? did they pour gasoline on the plastic seats and light them?

11. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Anyone not currently watching the milan derby: you should be

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Nope, was watching Juventus win their 30th scudetto for their third star! Away match to Calgiari had more Juve fans than home supporters. They all went out onto the pitch after Juve won 2-0 to celebrate. Milan needs to bring some young players into the team and fill some of the spots.

13. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ???? I'm pretty sure that that was only their 28th title:poop:

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I count the two that were stolen from them in 2005 and 2006!:p

15. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ah, I see. So I guess you'll also be imagining that third star on their jerseys until they put in on when they win their 32d? :D

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Probably. I actually like the style Juve's play. They really are trying hard to play a 4-3-3 but with a deep lying playmaker in Pirlo rather than one who is closer to the attacking line.

17. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Cologne got relegated. They threatened to beat their players to death if they get demoted. I think they probably will beat up one of their players or coach. Anyways Sneijder was much improved in the Milan Derby. Very happy for him. VDV is like 1 Step Down on Sneijder as a No.10 & Emanuelson is atleast 2-3 steps down. Sneijder bosses the Mid-field. Also Would someone out up a Minute Per Goals Ratio for Hunter & RVP who are doing it a bit more tougher league than say Dost.

18. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    DRB300 and vagegast repped this.
  19. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  20. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

This guy is pretty good.

That's all.

JC-14 repped this.
  21. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Wow what an end to the English Premier League! That was just insane!

22. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That was pretty crazy. Funny that Dzeko created the goal and momentum that lead to the final win. A player Good for him.

Must have been cruel to be a United fan and just double joy for City fans. Losing/winning the title this way is something fans/players will never forget.

I still remember how AZ lost their final game for the Eredivisie championship against Excelsior, while everybody expected a walk over. However in that game an AZ player got red and here QPR had to fight City off with 10.

23. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

I can't find an L. Well done Juve. In a 20 team Serie A that has never happened before.

24. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

This guy has costed 20 million pounds and has made 0 goals and 0 assists in EPL with 28 appearances (8 as a sub). But he is English, I'll give him that :thumbsup:.

vagegast repped this.
  25. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Like Van Hanegem said: "If they'd just lost half of all those draws and won the other half, they'd have been champions a long time ago."