News: The Other Club Teams Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Probably. Lawyers will sue anyone if there's enough money to be made for them

2. Given their stupidity I wouldnot trust them with my parking ticket case.

3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Looks like Arsenal v PSV is postponed for another week because of all the PSV fans that were planning to attend. The rest of the matches appear to be going ahead this week.

Not sure when they will reschedule Arsenal v PSV because Arsenal doesn't have any open midweeks between now and the World Cup break. Probably Oct. 19 (and they would just postpone the Arsenal v Man City game that was scheduled for that day).

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Rangers - Napoli match is moved to Wednesday with no supporters allowed.

5. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Atalanta win 1-0 and are in 1st place (for now).
    Koop played a good match

6. Dest is getting destroyed on twitter. Was he that bad?

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Best money Ajax ever made!!!! He really was never that good, just had a lot of speed and little else. I guess he is good enough for the US NT.

Big story in Italy is how awful Juventus are. Supporters want to see Allegri out but Juve gave him a big long term contract to come back and will have to eat a lot of €s if they sack him. He has absolutely no clue about how modern football should be played.

BPBlueSox and Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Caused the PK that made the score 0-1

9. That's all? What a bunch of snowflakes.

10. upload_2022-9-19_15-1-42.png

Catalan sports newspapers see influence De Jong and Memphis increase at Barça

Xavi moroning with his selection of Frenkie and Memphis was just being the puppet of the Barking board to pester them to the exit. It for sure wasnot his idea.

11. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Have United been in City's half yet??
    To be fair their goals have been sensational.
    Very hard to defend against the 3-0 and 4-0 goals.
    This is turning into a laugher

12. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Back to reality at ManU.
    Ten Hag has to be allowed to gut most of this pathetic roster or else he won’t be around very long.
    I’m most shocked that he plays the technically limited McTominay as his holding mf. The man is very poor on the ball.
    DeGea needs to go also.
    Ten Hag needs a GK who can play football.
    Donny career is in tatters.

13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The scary thing about Haaland he's only 22.
    So he's still 6 to 8 years away from reaching his prime :eek:

Let that sink in for a bit

14. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I read man United has put him up for sale and Everton are interested in loaning him. Any chance of him coming back to Ajax. Maybe on loan.

15. What has Dest done?
    I read alot of Milan fans blasting him and swearing at Maldini for signing him.

16. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He’s just not good enough honestly.
    He was not even a full time starter at Ajax who did great business to get 20 million for him from the fools at Barca.
    Defensively he’s very weak.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  17. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  18. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Watched leverkusen 2-2 Wolfsburg. Must say Van De van had a very good game and defintely can add him to the growing list of future NT CBs. Conceeded an unintentional penalty other wise he kept both Diaby and Frimpong relatively checked in and quiet. Bullied frimpong through out the game with his good covering runs and his lanky physic. He has really settled down and now is undisputed now in starting 11 for Wolburg.

Frimpong scored the equalizer otherwise it was a normal day in the office with Diaby and him leading the attack on his flank.

Bakker was good as well but it was sinkgraven who came on as sub for him and made the impact with leverkusen trailing 2-1. His quick feet and linking up resulted in the assist for Frimpongs goal. It was not intended for him as his initial shit got deflected and Frimpong unmarked at back post was the quickest to reach to the deflected shot and tap in the equalizer.

Fesu menash also made a rare appearance off the bench. Nothing much but saw off whatever was thrown at him in defense

19. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Watched Leverkusen vs Leipzig. Good game. Sinkgraven and Fesu Mensah both started the game for the first time. Fesu Mensah was composed and looked steady but didn't bring the same attacking flare as what Frimpong usually does. Typically A lot of back passing and hardly went outside. Trailing 1-0 was subbed off around 55' for Frimpong who instantly reinforced the attack on the right coming on. Usually stuff. Linking up , 1,2 and racing down the flank and crossing.Really upbeat the tempo of the game but too little to late.

Sinkgraven, this was is opportunity to show himself but have to say like Fesu mensah couldnt lay much stake in the game. looked good on the ball with quick feet but he is too light weight and doesnt bring the robust factor which bakker brings. He lacks what bakker has and vice visa. Had one clear shot on goal and in process got injured. Another of his downfall and was subbed off for bakker who as usual brought more musclanity ( tackles) and going forward. Unfortunately Leipzig scored a second goal and killed the game off.

I can see bakker competing for LB with Malacia in the future but both need to work on their offensive game. The back passing syndrome is what both need to improvise on. . If they dont Maatsen is somebody whom I reckon is of the same mould as Frimpong and will make a case for himself as he develops. For Wijndal not sure if he will be able to thrive at Ajax...injuries???

20. I'm hearing Frimpong doesnot speak Dutch. That's a major obstacle to get into the Orange Squad, when instant communication decides succes or failure, especially in the defense.

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He was born in The Netherlands and did not leave until he was 7 years old when the family moved to England. He's played several matches for Oranje youth teams so I'm not sure what you say is correct.

22. It was said in one of the soccershows on tv last week. I guess the one who said it also watched those Oranje youth teams and noticed it on the pitch.