The One Where Ramos Renews and De Gea Arrives - The Final Summer Transfer, Rumors & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Aug 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Iker was the captain though, and he wasn't playing under Mourinho only in the 2nd half of the season, not the whole season.

And what if he's performing badly because he is detached from the coach/club or if fans are against him, or if he's unfit/unmotivated, or all of the above? Will we still want him? Its a complicated situation.

2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Yeah I don't know. I think with Florentino's ego, we're signing De Gea next summer come hell or high water. He's going to want to stick it to United now.

MerlinRM repped this.
  3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That's true as well.

4. Raul Madrid

Raul Madrid Member

Sep 15, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1729 Raul Madrid, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    I can only assume you do not follow La Liga much. Booing players (with specific players being singled out) is not something only Real Madrid fans are guilty of. It is something which happens with pretty much every team in the league (with some teams being exceptions. Sporting Gijon for example have excellent fans and support and cheer their team no matter how badly they are losing). I would say that the higher up the table you go, the worse it is as the more spoilt the fans are. With Madrid and Barcelona being the biggest clubs in Spain they will obviously receive the most media coverage and as a result their fans booing players will receive more attention than all the other clubs. I am sure you heard about Bale being booed this season and with Fabregas being booed when he was with Barcelona. Barcelona also booed their team during a 6-0 win over Valencia in 2008 (just some examples of many).

There were Valencia fans that were unhappy with Unai Emery when he was at the club, despite the fact that he was doing a good job. There were fans that expected more from the team and some that thought they should have been challenging Madrid and Barcelona which were ridiculous expectations given that Madrid and Barcelona were picking up over 90 points. Even Atletico's win, as incredible an achievement as it was, came when Madrid and Barcelona's level dropped off a bit (it was the first time that both Madrid and Barcelona did not get over 90 points in a while).

If you want my personal opinion on booing players then it is not something I personally agree with. But Madrid are not the only team in La Liga that do it and booing players is nowhere near as big a deal in La Liga as it seems to be in England.

5. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not worried about Navas. He is 28 years old GK who waited for an entire season to get his chance, now as Rafa trusts him he has the whole season to prove what he is made of, if he isn't doing it for our club's sake then he will want to perform well to get good offers from different clubs in next season.
    He was top professional in last season and today I read he was already training in Valdebebas. I think he will be fine.
    He is already on it:

[​IMG]

To be honest I still see it as VdB sticking with Iker no matter what, so I won't be surprised if Casillas is starting for Spain in Euros 16 even if DDG somehow managed to play again for Man Utd.

MerlinRM repped this.
  6. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    VDB isn't going to drop Iker as #1 just to help DDG get one over on VDB.

temesgen repped this.
  7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Spot on.

Wonder if he'll keep Mendes as an agent though. There were rumors that he might drop him if a deal doesn't get done this year. But if it's true and that he's getting a cheque for 10 million from us for the deal not going this summer (on top of the signing bonus next year), I'd think the agent did a pretty good job for me.

8. Roy161983

Roy161983 Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    30 millon loss is a massivedeal
    Look it might be a cultural thing then. Just like the diving thing which ill admit has completly taken hold on the UK now.
    I dont watch La Liga half as much as the premier league so i dont see it with other teams & as Real & Barca are the biggest teams i suppose its noticed more.
    For me & for anyone from this part of Europe to boo a player who pulls on your teams jearsey is just not done. Its seen as an extreamly dis respectfull & cowardly act.

9. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Ok thread is seriously closed this time. Open up a new one for the winter, please and thank you :)

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What about crowding the players' house and threatening his family?

[​IMG]

Aren't these guys from "this part of Europe" too?

"You're a fool, you're nothing but a waste of time"

Proper british gentleman there, surely us lower beings from the "other part of europe" can't relate.

sleepyvato50, RMSocrates and Oscar repped this.