The Olympique Marseille Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by Catfish, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha. Actually, if we get Podolski/someone besides Savidan, I'd love to see us get Pagis, too. But that won't happen. And he won't want to come back and sit on the bench, anyway. Not with Rennes doing so well.

2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Savidan isnt coming Diouf said. Podolski will be expensive plus he probably wont want to come to France. Should have kept Cisse and you wouldnt be having this problem.

3. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Larsson would be great, though I'm a little afraid of his age. Even for an Inzaghi-like killer, 37 is not young.

At least he would have his motto already: "Henrik Larsson ne craint personne" ! :D

4. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    cisse was our best striker, we got him for cheap, solid attacker in team like OM, not zlatan or eto'o talent but in OM he would have flourished with team built around him provided he has great midfielder to supply with the ball.

best luck with OM

5. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    If one gets this one...One has been watching way too much TV...

What !?

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    By going after Larsson they are basically saying that they are pretty tapped out in terms of how much money they are spending already and they cant take on any more big salaries so lets go after the cheap best alternative. Barging hunting if you may. This isnt the mentality that the big European clubs have of course. Its probably killing them as is to have a high salary player like Gael Givet not playing. Its all about cost cutting and saving money with this club and they wonder why they dont win anything.

7. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    larsson is thos how they plan to win ligue 1 . this team isn't winning anything any time soon

call cisse back

8. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Cisse pressing for a move back to England? I don't think OM really wanted to get rid of him, you shouldn't blame the club. But my memory on that drama is a bit cloudy.

9. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Cisse met Diouf and told him that he wanted to leave Marseille because he was "only" the back up of Niang. That's what Cisse said.

Anyway, the best goalscorer at Marseille was Niang and not Cisse, the best player during the past season was Niang & not Nasri, Cisse...Their problem is that they do not have a solid back up when Niang is injured. It wasn't a bad idea to bring a strong forward, however Samassa isn't OM material.

By the way, Cisse or not when your team owns 2 goals per game, the real problem may not be their forward.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    They both could have played together. Gerets deserves blame for not figuring that out.

11. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    well, if anyone deserved to play a lot next to niang it was pagis. they miss him a lot.

12. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Boubacar Sanogo of Werder Bremen said he wants to join Marseille. Would cost between 5-6 m.

http://news.maxifoot.com/info-090120_90107/football.php

Now this was be an excellent signing. Ive seen him play in Germany and he is just what they need and is a steal at that price. He's not playing much in Germany because they have too many forwards(Rosenburg, Hunt, Almedia, Pizarro). He's still young too. A much better investment than Larsson or that 32 year old playing in Turkey.

13. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    rumours abound around Glasgow that Celtic have been in touch with Marseille and have made an offer for Taye Taiwo. the feeling is that Celtic believe a deal will be struck with Marseille to take him to Glasgow in this window.

14. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man City are supposedly interested, and the mentioned cost was 15 million. Most expect him to stay around the rest of the season, but that he'll end up leaving in summer.

15. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    prvev,

so his contract finishes in June 09 yes?

16. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  18. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The requisite Drogba rumor!

[​IMG]

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Brandao seems more likely. He's scored a ton of goals for a big club in Ukraine. He'd be my 2nd choice after Sanogo. Drogba is so unrealistic I dont even think of him.

20. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    Congratulations with Brandão, guys :)

21. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any particular insights on him, Gio?

Personally, I'm pretty happy with the signing, he seems to have a good mentality, along with talent.

22. zizou555

zizou555 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    will he play the next game???

23. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  24. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Allegedly. Not sure if he'll start or not.

I guess the Wiltord signing isn't bad, as he seems to understand his role and all. Good to have another player. Don't know if we're done for the mercato now or what.

25. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Wiltord is in good form, he trained himself hard while he wasn't playing, I think he's in shape to play against Le Havre.