The Old Boy's who joined a serious club!!

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by tino11, Sep 27, 2005.

1. tino11

tino11 New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Karlsruhe - Germany
    Recent Pompey team-building session, as reported by the Times last week:

"AFTER Lomana LuaLua dislocated a shoulder during a team-bonding exercise that caused him to miss last night’s Carling Cup tie away to Gillingham, Richard Hughes shed more light yesterday on the practices that Portsmouth have been exposing their players to in the name of comradeship.
    "The midfield player said that one exercise was called “shepherd and sheep”. The players were blindfolded and Andy Griffin, the defender, attempted to direct them into a pen. “I was the chief sheep and had to find the other sheep before we could be rounded up,” Hughes said. “Andy (the shepherd) kept telling me to go forward which I did — until I smacked into the crossbar of a five-a-side goal. When I had found the other sheep we all had to hold each other in a conga until Andy got us back in the pen.”

"The players were also tied by rope for human-size table football, as well as fighting like contestants on the television show Gladiators — the game in which LuaLua was injured — during last week’s activity day."

:eek: :rolleyes:

2. colinh9

colinh9 New Member

Apr 26, 2003
    NY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    What in the hell?

3. tino11

tino11 New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Karlsruhe - Germany
    This is all true apparently, I could not believe it, laughed my tits off at the bit when Griffin made him twat his head of the post, classic!!

4. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WTF?

I'm all for thinking outside the box.......

5. Kujeaux

Kujeaux New Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYP :D

That is some funny stuff right there .. hope none of the sheep got shear[er]ed

6. colinh9

colinh9 New Member

Apr 26, 2003
    NY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Embarrasing really.

7. ottoman

ottoman Member

Nov 30, 1998
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkey
    Go figure Freddie, “shepherd and sheep” is more than just another NUFC board meeting.

8. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Oh you've got to rep that.