The Official Welcome Raphael "The Fabulous" Varane Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Vector-SS, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not making sense, considering some claimed the club was anxious to get rid of him, can't be true, if it is what a clown for choosing Manure instead, that thought purely based on my hatred for all things Manure

2. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s bullshit. English media trying to take away the narrative that he moved for more money. Not buying it.

ahnaf, saadomar, Shay Z and 7 others repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lying>>>>

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  4. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Thats some English BS if I ever I saw one.

5. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I call shenanigans.

6. Castillas

Castillas Member+

May 4, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thank you, Varane, I will never forget those goals you scored against Barcelona. I have great memories from those games. I can't believe it has been that long already.

That said, if you face Madrid in Europe, I hope you fail miserably.

7. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Total bullshit. Hilarious if someone believes it. The purchasing club’s fans trying to make the deal look better. Lol.

saadomar repped this.
  8. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You really shouldn't take a twitter account called "utdreports" comments at face value. I doubt he would've gone if Real Madrid paid more. It was all about money. Ramos and Varane both left for money, and no matter how they try to dress it up, the reality will not change. Ramos's one backfired spectacularly, and IF these reports were true that'd mean Varane's attempts to get a pay raise also backfired spectacularly.

Baltor repped this.
  9. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rough translation of Raphael Varane's instagram post bidding farewell to Real Madrid. Translation from the Man Utd's official website: https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...-varane-posts-farewell-message-to-real-madrid

Raphael Varane meeting el Presi, coaches, and team members to bid farewell:
    https://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2021/07/30/varane-says-goodbye-to-the-president-and-the-squad

10. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Raphael Varane is a top class defender and an excellent servant to this great club. I hope Manchester United fans appreciate him as much as we did.

I genuinely thought one day Varane would go onto captain this team. But football is a journey filled with unexpected turns, and frequently things don't pan out how we think they will. This is quite emotional for the Madrid fans, so I can't imagine what Varane must be feeling.

Both Ramos and Varane have contributed to so much silverware, being arguably one of if not THE premier centerback duo in the world for many years. Most fans of other teams envied what we had. Our gratitude for them will never diminish. We will look back fondly at the past decade or so and realize how luck we were to have such elite players being the backbone of our team.

Real Madrid is not known for it's defensive prowess, but Varane along with Ramos had a transformative impact on this team. Varane also seemed like a genuine player who tried to avoid causing problems for the club, and we can rarely say such things about players these days.

We're gonna miss Varane! Best of luck to him at Manchester!

Baltor, PigBenis, MerlinRM and 3 others repped this.
  11. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed except for the best of luck at Manure

saadomar, RMSocrates, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  12. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    True, as others have been saying: best of luck to him EXCEPT when he plays us. Idc how Man utd does otherwise.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He left in a much better way than Ramos, which is curious, but with Varane the decision was probably mutual where with Ramos he tried to play the club so hard so often that the relationship was probably damaged to the point where it wasn't redeemable any more.

saadomar, Anon., Baltor and 1 other person repped this.