The Official Welcome Raphael "The Fabulous" Varane Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Vector-SS, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bringing a certain player here doesn't equate developing him after coming.
    Look at Jovic or Mariano or Brahim for example.

2. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Or Valverde, or Mendy.

And of course, developing players > winning trophies.

3. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So Zidane developed Mendy now? What!

4. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mendy is a young left back who has a Real Madrid legend & one of the best left backs ever to compete with. Mendy has taken his chances and shown ZZ he deserves the playing time he’s gotten. What do you want ZZ to do with him? Teach him how to play left back? This is Real Madrid, you don’t come to the first team to slowly develop yourself. You come to contribute to winning titles, it’s that simple.

F*ck winning 3 champions leagues in a row, f*ck winning the league. I’d rather see Man City reject Brahim Diaz slowly develop as a player.

5. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Put it in this way. In a world where young Varane is competing for ageing Pepe, Varane would hardly see 10 minutes as a sub in a match
    (That is, if he doesn't score or put a defensive master class in that time. If he does though, he's frozen for next 4 months and then he leaves)

6. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    nonsense

7. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Proof: Jovic after Osasuna goal

8. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We are 12 games from winning a hard fought La Liga title after the f*cked up a*s season we had last year & you’re here talking about Jovic?

Jovic has accomplished nothing at Madrid, we don’t owe him anything. Signed for 60 million and gets paid a massive salary. He owes us, next time he plays he needs to step & he needs to prove it in training.

Zidane has trusted Varane since day 1, started Kovacic & Asensio in massive matches, given a relatively unknown midfielder in Fede the chance to bench a balon d’or winner in Modric & WC winner in Kroos. All this & we are here talking about Jovic lol.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  9. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane trusted Varane from day 1 because of his development under Mourinho. He had balls to bench veterans for a youngster
    When was the last time ZZ benched Benzema for 3 consecutive games and gave a well performing youngster a starting place ahead of him?

Chinky24 repped this.
  10. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So your official stance is Mourinho > Zidane?

11. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No, but the credit for Varane acquisition as well as development should go to Jose.

12. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The acquisition is on ZZ I don’t see how that can be argued. He scouted him and asked him to come to RM.

13. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Big names Mourinho dropped for Young hungry players.

Lampard bench for Oscar(21)
    Marcel Desailly release for John Terry(22)
    Carlo Cudicini bench for Peter cech (22)
    Peter cech bench for Thibaut Courtois(21)
    Pepe bench for varane(19)
    Kaka bench for Ozil (21)

He introduced Varane to the biggest stage by playing CdR semi against Barcelona

14. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dropping old players for young players > winning titles

I can’t believe I’m engaged in such a ridiculous conversation.

15. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The discussion stemmed from the development of Varane. Zidane has got nothing to do with it.

Btw Mourinho has won league titles with worse squads too.

16. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I couldn’t care less about Mourinho. Was very happy when he left Real Madrid.

And ZZ has plenty to do with Varane being at RM.

These are my final comments on this “discussion”.

17. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ex-Lens president Gervais Martel when he first mentioned Real Madrid to Varane: "He was going for his college entrance exams. He was eating alone & I said to him that a club called. 'At noon, I have an oral examination, I'll do my best in that & after we will talk,' he told me."

"Mourinho called. Others teams offered a lot more, but I gave my word. Varane was €10m + bonus. There was a contract bonus for 2 UCLs. There was no bonus for the 3rd but I sent them an email & they paid. That is classy."

Varane said it's like having a second father in Jose.

18. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes Mourinho is like a father to him and I’m sure Varane values all the semi-final trophies he won under Mourinho more the the World Cup & 4 CL’s he’s won.

By the time JM left Madrid he was cancerous to the club. Even Mourinho’s own countrymen (CR7, Pepe, Coentrao) couldn’t stand him. Good riddance.

How I’ve got involved in such a lame conversation I have no idea. I think I was just trying to say positive things about Varane!?

Halycon repped this.
  19. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He surely left on a bitter note and I'm not denying that, but we need to give him credit. He didn't inherit Zidane's team, fought with fierce Barcelona under Pep and still managed to give us a defender to stick around for next 10 years in Varane.

20. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    The irony is if Concentrao does not make that moronic sliding tackle at Alianz Arena, we are beating Bayern and winnning the 2012 finale vs. Chelsea. And Mou becomes immortal.

But... then it went sour for him to the point, he has not recovered to this day.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think he took on some jobs where he could only lose. Manchester United is a trap at this point. You can only look bad there.

22. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    The old Mourinho would never consider a second place a success, despite issues United had. He was crushed after RM.

23. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You are looking at this the wrong way man. In order to win the league you need help from a lot of players apart from the starting 11. Having an in form Jovic would have been a tremendous help these last few weeks where Benzema has scored 2 in 13 and we struggled with goalscoring overall.

MaxY and Lyra repped this.
  24. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    The blame is on Jovic just as it is on Zidane.

Jovic scores his first goal since October and this forum naturally loses their minds and repeat last year version of Ceballos and Llorente.

This kid is suppose to be a LETHAL BACKUP.

Two goal in 800 minutes ain't that and it wasn't that he didn't get opportunities; he missed many of them.

It's time this forum stops this victim shit and actually looks at the player, he is part of the reason he is look in on the outside.

25. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He didn't miss as many opportunities as you make it sound. His biggest problem was lack of chemistry with the team vice-versa, that can only be solved by playing them more together.

Karim misses WAY more than him and he's still an UNDISPUTED starter. Bale is semi-retired and keeps playing...

MaxY and 2Magia2 repped this.