The Official Welcome Raphael "The Fabulous" Varane Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Vector-SS, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree

Eddie repped this.
  2. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

robnycus repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The jinx master has spoken.

Prit Javier repped this.
  4. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Once again, Varane is useless in RM's defence without Sergio Ramos next to him.

robnycus and Prit Javier repped this.
  5. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He was right

robnycus and Prit Javier repped this.
  6. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Needs to be partnered with tactically and emotionally strong CB - a leader. Quality CB, but not a leader.

Prit Javier repped this.
  7. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know what's wrong with him but i am 100% sure he could be playing much better. Perhaps he has an injury that's nagging him or he's simply out of form. He won the 3rd UCL title in a row and the WC a couple of months later at 25. I can understand how that might make you chill out a little bit.

We need to figure out what his problem is. He's not playing the way that he should be.

Prit Javier repped this.
  8. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    It is his character. You cannot change it. He is simply not a leader.

Prit Javier repped this.
  9. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The club he came from made him captain at a fairly young age, they saw something in him, he’s also captained France no?, i’m not quite sure what it is but something is off about his game , he hasn’t been completely horrible but his level like the rest of the team has dropped this season, as noted by Eddie I expected far more consistency at a good level from him by now, not sure what’s up

10. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He has lost a step, he's not as fast as he used to be. Probably the knee injury. I think he'll have to adapt his game to his new body.

11. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And learn to freaking head ffs!
    I know he ain't Ramos, but come on, that was a free fecking header in opening 10 minutes of the game. Goals like such change complexion of a game in seconds.

12. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I've said it a few times but he really should be a bigger threat on setpieces.

13. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is it true that Varane isn't amongst even top 5 French players earning wise?
    Griezmann Mbappe Pogba Benzema are all ahead of him. This is what is unsettling him. He wants 12me contract like Ramos

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I doubt it's about getting exactly as much as Ramos, but yeah.Then again, i've said it before, this is not the season to make demands.

Lyra and Anon. repped this.
  15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Do you know what also changes the complexion of a game?

Your midfielder cheaply giving the ball away in your half setting your ene up for a devastating counter.

Your midfielder not even showing the effort to track opponents and the guy he didn't chase ends up being key to the goal.

Those effected and changed the complexion of the game as well, but instead of demanding better you relentlessly defend one while you crow about the other needing to do better or else.

Kroosinator repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Let's just dump the entire season on Kroos, who we not even are going to mention by name because we're so salty we're transferring the discussion to other threads.

Lyra and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  17. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Now you're doing extremes.

No one has dumped the entire season on Kroos. I have pointed out issues with scoring consistency (Benzema), attackers (Bale, Lucas), and defenders (Varane, Marcelo).

I even supported us getting rid of Modric back in January when he was struggling for form, then when he bounced back said we should keep him as he fought to show his value.

Stop making this personal.

You did the same with Bale defending his every move and citing his past successes for why we should ignore his performances and attitude.

Kroosinator repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You're literally deflecting on another player's thread.

Lyra repped this.
  19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Meh. I have been critical of Varane's performances and I even supported @Zidane05 and others who said they would sell.

You didn't care about defending that because it wasn't Bale or Kroos.

Kroosinator repped this.
  20. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Freaking Tadic - a Southampton reject literally waltzed past a "destroyer" dm who's supposed to be the best in the world. Let's just keep smiling everything on one player if that suits your agenda though...
    Me expecting Varane to head better and it's possible change on the final result has got nothing to do with insinuating Kroos in this discussion.

21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Nonsense.

I have called out all players involved. The difference is you guys attack everyone one else then defend your favorites.

The level of hypocrisy it takes to want everyone but Kroos hung and get mad anytime anyone holds him accountable is mindblowing.

22. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Speaking of Tadić, as good as he was over both legs, the game in Amsterdam especially has left me really worried about Nacho; he made Tadić look like prime John Carew, totally bullied physically all game.

Lyra repped this.
  23. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Official. Interview with Marca:

1130887891129917443 is not a valid tweet id

Haters gonna hate.

Show Spoiler
    j/k. If he had been sold, I wouldn't care less.

MerlinRM and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  24. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to hear him say that he wasn't at his best and he wants change.

Lyra and Zidane05 repped this.
  25. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    @Ayayain really enjoys the transfer rumors :p.

It looks like many of our players are admitting that they didn't play well but they promise us that we will see them at their best again. It's hard to believe those words after some of them have been playing below average for longer than this season, like Varane.