The Official Welcome Keylor Navas Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    The pictures of his wife on different news sites all seem to have "melafo" in the comments section. LMAO.

Melafo = me la follo / me la follaba (I'd f her) --- don't say I never teach you anything!!

Deep Pal, Hsain85, Jehuisthere and 17 others repped this.
  2. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    lmfao!

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah that was funny.

Oh and IN.

RMSocrates, Shay Z and Crimson repped this.
  4. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    welcome. with casillas gone, our keeper situation will be excelente

5. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He had another one in the CL final as well after Bale scored, that might have been one.

The stat is so subjective to as almost be worthless. It's hard to believe that Navas and Lopez each only had 1 momentary lapse in judgment leading to a goal scoring opportunity over 30+ games as well.

S1na repped this.
  6. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mamacita. Irina has got some competition.

7. Tamed Giraffe

Tamed Giraffe Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Wagga Wagga, NSW
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    When i first saw pics of Andrea Salas, I suddenly grew a third leg.

Deep Pal and azriel repped this.
  8. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  9. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Part of his interview:

My mum tells me that when I was eight years old I used to interview myself saying: “Here we are with Keylor Navas, the Real Madrid keeper”, and I would answer myself, playing both roles.

Was he born to play for RM though? ;)

10. TehReaper

TehReaper Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Dallas,TX
  11. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Not again ... :unsure:

12. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    Navas is part cat. Effing hell.

surgeon repped this.
  13. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    andrea.jpg

Crimson and S1na repped this.
  14. K0WAWA

K0WAWA Member

May 8, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've never seen a GK presentation before. Kinda incomplete as no ball juggling. Maybe he should do it, at least with 3 balls in the air, like those guys from circus. :D

15. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #115 Lyra, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
    [​IMG]

Keylor Navas has arrived at Valdebebas full of beans. The Costa Rican has surprised everyone with his agility, strength and work ethic during his first few days training with Real Madrid.

Keylor has proved to be the best at the exercises that goalkeeping coach Villiam Vecchi has had his shot-stoppers practising. The veteran coach has been blown away by the new signing's abilities.

His physical prowess has also surprised Ancelotti. Navas is one of the strongest players in the squad, and it's been visible since the first day he signed, without him wanting to assign any blame to a late return to training and extra fatigue from a longer World Cup campaign: "He'd be ready to play tomorrow", is the message from Valdebebas.

The Costa Rican is showing Real exactly what he showed Levante. He trains all out in every training session and he takes every second seriously, even down to when he ties the laces on his boots.

He's ready to fight for a start right from day one, as he already said during his presentation. He's come to learn, but also to play. He'll be on the bench in Cardiff, since Casillas won the right to play in the European Supercup from playing in the Champions League, and also because he's currently Ancelotti's choice. But Keylor is looking to be in the mix for the next game, the Spanish Supercup.

He's not going to give Iker an inch, and he'll fight for his spot at every training session between now and 19th August.

MARCA

hala_madrid722, S1na, Zidane05 and 2 others repped this.
  16. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just hope his hard work pays off and the GK selected for the first XI is based on meritocracy. Good luck Keylor.

Deep Pal, Hendrix22 and Lyra repped this.
  17. Tamed Giraffe

Tamed Giraffe Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Wagga Wagga, NSW
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Keylor Navas. Smart cheeky little fella. I must say i really like and respect the guy. Smart little player. Comes to Real Madrid saying he respects Casilias and Lopez, putting them on a higher pedestal then him, acting all humble. But he is exactly aware of his own abilities. He backs his own abilities. He lets his efforts and hardwork do the talking. Not only that but before signing with Madrid he knew he had 2 goalies ahead of him, two world class goalies. He knew exactly what he was up against. But he didn't care, he was ready for the challenge. He didn't sign for Real Madrid to be the #3 choice goalie. He has his eye on the prize. You gotta love people little that.

hala_madrid722 and Deep Pal repped this.
  18. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm sure Real Madrid let him know what was up. He probably knew Diego was leaving and Iker is on his last year here.

Deep Pal repped this.
  19. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    #119 Phoenix Rising, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    A poster on another forum pointed out something about this clip that I wanted to share. The video is very misleading because they're doing two different exercises (I didn't notice this either when watching the clip the first time).

[quote name="Alonso." post="791487" timestamp="1407436772"]
    They are doing two completely different exercises. Navas is jumping over the rope with his front leg (much easier thing to do and much more easier to maintain speed while doing it), Iker is jumping over the rope with his trailing leg. I don't see why this is being compared.[/quote]

I watched another video of the GKs training. Iker was the first to do an exercise, followed by Diego and then Navas doing the same exercise. Iker probably did the exercise of jumping with his front leg before Navas, they just don't show it in this clip. So, it's unfair to use this against Iker, even though we may be dissapointed at other aspects of his recent performances.

20. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I admit I chuckled when I saw the clip but quickly realized they were doing 2 different exercises.

I did read some posts on another site that Lopez was actually looking the sharpest of all 3 during different exercises they were doing.

21. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way he won't be the 1st choice if he deserves it. If Carlo benched Iker last year for Lopez, there is zero chance "politics" keeps Navas out.

ahnaf and Lyra repped this.
  22. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I watched another video of the GKs training. Iker was the first to do an exercise, followed by Diego and then Navas doing the same exercise. Iker probably did the exercise of jumping with his front leg before Navas, they just don't show it in this clip. So, it's unfair to use this against Iker, even though we may be dissapointed at other aspects of his recent performances.[/QUOTE]

They are not doing 2 different exercises there is no way anyone could prove that based on that clip. I think Iker happened to land on that foot due to his lazy effort.

23. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    #123 Phoenix Rising, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    I think you need to watch the video again, more closely. I didn't realize the difference when I first watched it too. They really are doing two very different exercises in this clip. Leading with your front leg (as Navas is shown doing) is easier and more natural than leading with your trailing leg (as Iker is shown doing). Try it out, you'll see that the exercise Navas is doing can be done much faster.

Here is another video of the GKs training. All of them are putting in the same effort. Also note the order they are put thru drills: Iker, Diego, Navas.

Excape Goat repped this.
  24. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  25. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This club makes me so happy, so much depth, so much class. Navas as our backup to Iker bleeping Casillas winning a trophy in his first game here.