The Official Welcome Keylor Navas Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The problem is that the current Iker is no longer able to fill those "big gloves". In fact, there's greater pressure on Iker to perform now and not make a mistake than there is on K. Navas...

surgeon repped this.
  2. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Welcome to the club Keylor, i hope you have all the success and luck in your career here.

Welcome to your true home.

Lyra repped this.
  3. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    March 2013 chat session with Don Alfredo.

[​IMG]

4. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think in the beginning he'll be a sub but as of now even AS and Marca have even seen the light on Iker. The amount of team Iker that were out rejoicing Lopez'z departure are eerily quiet right now after yesterday.

Perez brought the best keeper in La Liga last year and in the World Cup. A couple more bad games from Iker and by October fans will be screaming for Navas.

Deep Pal repped this.
  5. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Well that might be the difference between winning and losing the league .

temesgen, Lyra and MerlinRM repped this.
  6. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Deep Pal repped this.
  7. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Finally, with Lopez likely to leave, we have a competent GK again.

Iker isn't going to last long.

8. steelers07

steelers07 Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Iker will always have a special place in my heart for everything he's done for the club but he has been average to bad since 2012 so I'm not surprised Perez went out and got Navas. Iker's time is drawing to a close so why not shore up the position beforehand.

Welcome Keylor and may you have a long and successful career here at Madrid :thumbsup:

temesgen repped this.
  9. Mr. Strange

Mr. Strange Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We've all been disappointed with Iker lately but don't be so disrespectful

10. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    Keylor's fantastic performance vs Seville

His performane reminds of Iker's versus Leverkusen.

S1na, Lyra, sleepyvato50 and 1 other person repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Real Madrid TV made a whole special about his Liga season, some pretty good stuff. A weird decision, because he doesn't look like a backup keeper.

Deep Pal repped this.
  12. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    Indeed. It will be truly interesting to see what Ancelotti does. The entire situation is messed up. Think about it, if Carlo does not go with Casillas, and instead chooses to go with Navas, then Casillas will most likely leave next season. We will be in the market again for a keeper. We would have lost Diego for nothing. Diego, unlike Casillas, would at least have been willing to remain even if he was not a starter.

Deep Pal repped this.
  13. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what he does. He'll disrespect plenty of RM players when they make mistakes or have bad games this season. Always happens.

Don't know Navas at all except for the World Cup. Hopefully he'll find his place and contribute.

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  14. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bienvenido Keylor. From what I've seen last season and at the World Cup, he's definitely one of the better keepers on the planet right now.

Yeah, interesting how it's ok to call Iker "dogshit" without getting called out on it, but whatever.

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  15. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    You do "know" him if you watch the US in WC qualifiers you just don't know you "know" him if that makes sense since in all honesty last season was his first one as a professional that was really noteworthy. Maybe it just took him awhile to get his breakthrough, good luck to him though!

16. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005

Arbeloa thinks he can get him ready:

Welcome Keylor... long vacation but me and Cristiano will get you in shape soon enough.

17. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    #42 -Fifth CharM-, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    But did I lie, tho? It's kinda hard to call someone out on the truth. I find that it is important not to let nostalgia and past glories cloud ones perspective. Casillas is no longer "Saint Iker" of the yesteryears. He is not among the best keepers in the world, and has become a liability. There comes a time for every player and legend when they no longer are "good enough". That time might be here for Casillas. I don't think he is the best we can do, and I don't believe that he will ever reach "Saint Iker" level again.

Anon. and Deep Pal repped this.
  18. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Welcome Keylor, our No.1 GK!
    I'm not sure how will Ancelotti adress this situation. Last season was Lopez La Liga and Casillas CL and CDR, though he can't play Casillas in the Champions League if he's out of shape when every single game matters and he can't let Casillas play the whole La Liga considering Navas didn't left Levante to warm seasts. Though he has to give Casillas minutes, after all it's Casillas and he wouldn't be happy with just CDR. Complications, decisions...
    But, I'm not the coach, I don't have that problem, I'll just stand back and criticize what he choses :D

Deep Pal and Lyra repped this.
  19. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Get a six-pack with ARBELOA in a week!

[​IMG]

20. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Physical trainers hate him!

21. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #46 sleepyvato50, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    Welcome Navas. :)

Edit: Is Keylor the first ever Costa Rican to play for Real Madrid?

S1na, temesgen and Lyra repped this.
  22. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #47 Lyra, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    MARCA cover. The Future Is Here.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Keylor Navas:

On Tuesday I'll be honored & proud to wear the white shirt of the best club in the world at the Bernabeu!

" I m looking forward to training with Real Madrid. Its a dream to play there. Real Madrid is forming a great team with big signings. There are great years ahead for the club. I will train my hardest to get to the UEFA Super Cup then the coach will decide."

About Iker & DL :

"Iker is a symbol in Real Madrid, the best goalie in the last decade & has won everything there. Diego Lopez is one of the best goalkeepers in the world! At a party I asked for his shirt & I love it.
    Casillas & Diego Lopez are 2 great goalies & I will learn a lot from them. Neither has to leave because of my arrival. The 3 of us can do great things but Real Madrid will decide at the end."

CR7PT, CivilProtection, S1na and 2 others repped this.
  23. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Wow ! so much humility , refreshing to see it in these times . Hope he starts against Barcelona , last time he single handedly trolled the hell out of them , especially Missy ( the double save at 2:13)

ahnaf and Lyra repped this.
  24. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    So, dream scenario is he takes over immediately and is our number 1 GK for now. Until we sign Courtois and he takes over for the next 8-10 years?

Anyway, goodluck to him. Expectations will be high if he does indeed take the #1 spot this season. The Iker gang in the press will be watching closely his every move, highlighting his every decision and mistake.

Haven't seen him much before the WC, but looks like he's up for it. :thumbsup:

Zidane05 repped this.
  25. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Why would Chelsea sell him to us especially when they are replacing their current no.1 with Courtois , rarely have they sold players at their peak .