The official we hate Chivas thread.....

Discussion in 'MLS: Clubs' started by Guinho, Oct 28, 2003.

1. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    Right...and they probably will be all Mexican. See where you cut off my post in your quote? Read the end of that sentence.

2. -cman-

-cman- New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Clinton, Iowa
    Ah, don't get your panties in a bunch. Open minded fellah that he is, our owner will probably allow a least a Columbian and one or two Costa-Ricans on the club for form's sake. :rolleyes:

Chowdah, in case you (or anyone else) is wondering, I feel -- a feeling shared by MLS and Chivas ownership from what I've heard -- pretty strongly that any Chivas team has to abide by ALL the MLS squad composition and payroll rules. I'm talking about assimilating and embracing immigration. I'm not quite sure what you're talking about.

To Wit:
    Emphasis mine.

3. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chowderhead was a bit unhinged, but not so off the deepend. I can get a bit wound up myself when Americans not only root against their own team, but boo the anthem and dump drinks on the players. He is connecting such behavior with Chivas USA and some of the rhetoric of the latino left. Not so far-fetched as to be coo coo, but a bit simplistic.

What I really liked was his Irish American team. That's a helluva lineup. Any other ethnicities out there want to challenge that side? I'm not sure we could even come up with an "English American" side to match it. I know the Welsh would be in trouble.