News: The Official Vlatko Andonovski Thread

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by McSkillz, Oct 24, 2019.

1. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    not for the english fa (national team)?

2. Mills

Mills Member

Aug 23, 2019
  3. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Dawn Scott's departure rated its own thread ...

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/dawn-scott-leaving-uswnt.2107422/

Mills repped this.
  4. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're filling out the coaching staff with returnees:

My question: is that Vlatko's preference in looking for NT coaching experience, or is it the time crunch, or is the well of coaching possibilities just not that deep?

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not complaining about the hires. I love Dambach, and from what I know about Poole, he has a lot of experience and was one of Abel's mentees. I just think its a bit strange that both of them have previously coached with the NT.

Mills repped this.
  5. Mills

Mills Member

Aug 23, 2019
    I like it, but I'm very surprised.
    I'm guessing that only the head coaches are required to move to Chicago then?

Also, this has to be a temp gig, at least for Dambach.
    I cannot see how she coaches at PSU and the USWNT.

6. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This, IMO is just a camp assignment. Swanson was a stalwart at camps and competition with Ellis and kept his job at Virginia

7. Mills

Mills Member

Aug 23, 2019
    The more I think about Dambach joining up with Vlatko, the more I like it.
    PSU will benefit in their recruiting and Erica will benefit from interacting with Vlatko.

8. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interview:

https://sports.yahoo.com/vlatko-and...-from-macedonia-to-uswnt-coach-215908184.html

Vlatko Andonovski still remembers the first time he saw girls playing soccer.

It was 2001 and he had recently left his native Macedonia for the first time to play soccer for a professional American indoor team, the Wichita Wings. Back in Macedonia, soccer was considered a man’s sport – Andonovski’s mother, Dona, had never even seen her son play in person because it was so unusual for women to attend matches.

Namdynamo, lil_one and jnielsen repped this.
  9. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A US Soccer post about how the coaching staff are staying in touch with players: https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2020/04/video-chats-with-vlatko-and-other-self-isolation-solutions

And I bumped this thread mostly because the article mentions a WNT staff addition. It likely happened quite awhile ago, but now we know: Ellie Maybury is quoted as the USWNT Performance Coach. (She has been the performance coach for the female youth national teams for a few years. Who knows? With layoffs, maybe she's doing both.)

Namdynamo and jackdoggy repped this.