The Official Valencia Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Comunidad Valenciana' started by The Double, Jul 30, 2003.

1. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Two factors involve Inter: First ... a loss could possibly see them end second and have to face a 1st placed team in the next round. I doubt they would want that. Second ... there is $$$ per win in CL for the club and hence for the players. Money talks.

As to needing 2 Bremen losses ... nope. Atie in the Bremen-Inter game, and a win for Valencia at Anderlecht would clear up the way for Valencia to need to beat Bremen at home in the last match. As long as Valencia has a better head to head record with Bremen ... they would go thru. Which means a 1-0 would be enuff.

Seeing the situation ... it makes sense for Ranieri to miss Adriano more than Mancini.

2. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The result of the first match between Bremen and Valencia was 2-1 Bremen. A 1-0 result in the second match would mean we split head to head, and the aggregate would be 2-2. Would the tie-breaker be the away goal then? At what point does it go to goal differential? Obviously we would get slaughtered if it ever came down to that.

Either way, we need to win out and hope that Inter can beat Bremen without Adriano. It's certainly possible.

3. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Yes ...

4.05 b) Goal difference between the team tied
    4.05 c) Away goals

4.05 d) If the score in Valencia ends 2-1 .. then it goes to Group goal difference ... Valencia would be killed in that.

Which means ... if WB ties with Inter .. expect a very "Italian" Valencia hosting WB, a 1-0 puts them thru.

Which also means the Valencia fans will suffer ala "Italian". :eek:

http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/19071.pdf

4. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    So where is the "Fire Ranieiri thread"?? :cool:

5. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    I think we need a thread called: "Lets go to church and pray that Ayala, Vicente and Aimar are back ASAP" .

Those 3 are E-SSEN-TIAL to Valencia's fate ...

6. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the clarification, vipnerd. I wouldn't say we need a miracle to advance, but we'll need some help. Bremen is playing well in CL these days.

7. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    you guys are very unlucky!

8. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Anyone here? Or has Claudio Ranieri scared you away from the club?

9. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nope, the Play of Valencia of late before snapping the 10-game winless streak, may have scared away most Plastic fans.

But me personally, in terms of posting, i grow weary of this Large thread.
    I have seen no progress on a new VALENCIA forum !!!!!

It is a tad annoying to have to sort through everything Valencia on this thread, between match reports, contract signings, rumours, its TOO MUCH for a single thread.

TIME TO GET THAT VALENCIA FORUM!!!

10. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I too am a little discouraged from posting b/c of the lack of the Valencia forum. That and the whole college finals thing.

It's nice to see a win though. Even if it's only Malaga.

11. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    How come there is no Valencia forum??

12. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
  13. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So we need a 1-0 win against Bremen to advance. At least our fate is in our hands.

14. JimmieLivealot

JimmieLivealot New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    The thing to do would be create a forum the Valencia region so clubs like Villarreal and Levante can also be involved. Obviously Che would get most of the attention but there are other sides in the region woth following.

15. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, we've been finding ways of getting it done. Granted, the opposition's been pretty weak, but wins are wins. Perhaps the tide has turned.

When is Vicente due back? How healthy will we be for our CL clash with Bremen?

16. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Did anyone see Corradi's sensational goal against Anderlecht?

17. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It was nice, but becoming a typical goal in world football.

First time i saw a player score a goal such as that was Hernan Crespo against my beloved JUVE in 1998/1999 season, i was astounded.

Now it seems every player is trying this move and with such great regularity of scoring perhaps because it isn't as powerful as a powerful shot from front foot and adds element of surprise.

Patrick Kluivert scored one against Crystal Palace only the sunday before
    Bernardo Corradi scored his in full flight.

Make no mistake, a wonderful goal indeed!

18. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Gol didn't show the Valencia match this weekend, and I've avoided the Internet since I'm waiting to watch the Liverpool-Arsenal match tomorrow (tape delay on FSW)--don't want to see the score even though I'm not to confident Liverpool will win. Anyway, that's neither here nor there for the Valencia thread. What's the report on Valencia this weekend? How'd they do? Take care.

19. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    how come you guys aint got a forum yet, la liga champs are deserved of a forum surely!!

20. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Three wins in a row for Los Che. I haven't been able to watch any matches, but it sounds like were actually starting to *gasp* defend like last year. Can anyone fill me in?

When is Vicente due back?

Nice to get these Liga wins in time to boost our confidence going into the CL clash with Bremen.

21. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So whatever happened w/ that Liverpool-Arse game? ;)

22. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal

fixed you post :D

23. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Valencia-Barcelona will be crucial if the CHES wanna get back into the title hunt.

I guess it must be coming up soon, but not sure.
    It is ideal that they are finding form ahead of this game and hopefully injury victims Vicente and Ayala will return soon!