The Official Valencia Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Comunidad Valenciana' started by The Double, Jul 30, 2003.

1. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Might as well start one up, seeing as we are one of the bigger clubs in Spain. Post all news, results, transfers, rumours, gossip. And if we get enough posts, it can be taken into consideration for a Valencia forum.

First thing is first. The new kits are awful. Toyota?

2. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Toyota and the same financial troubles than Fiorentina, do they share the same fate too?

3. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Pero porque dices eso acerca de Fiorentina y Toyota?!?!?! :D

They didn't consult Rafa?!?!?!?!?!??!?! What the hell, I love Rafa. The only reasons we do well is because of our midfield and Rafa. It sure as hell isn't our strikeforce. Rafa for President!!!!

As for the signing, I don't know what to say. I don't follow Uruguayan football. You think hes good Mario?

4. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Neither do I, Cannobio played in the argie league (which I closely follow) in Banfield and Im able to say he's a proven goalscorer!

PS Toyota was the sponsor of Fiorentina before they collapsed.

5. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Yeah, I know about the sponsorship thing, and it sucks.

I know you are blaugrana, Mario, but if your interested, Valencia has one of the best non official fan website that I have seen, I just went on, and heard that Che is close to sealing a deal for Santos player Ricardo Oliveira, leading goal scorer in Libertadores. But subout the name Ricardo Oliveira, for Diego or Robinho, and I am a happy guy.

http://www.ciberche.net

6. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Im blaugrana but Im a spanish lover, what a cool website!

thanks for the link

7. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
  8. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    It's offcial: Ricardo Oliveira signs from Santos. Glad to see Che making moves.

9. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    are you trying to make me fall and betray my colors!?!?! ;)

Gallina? nunca!!!!

10. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was disappointed to see that Piojo didn't end up returning to Valencia like was rumored to be happening at the end of last season. I really enjoyed watching the che's during their run of play in the Champions League with the dynamic duo of Mendieta and Piojo. Along with Celta, they are my second favorite team in La Liga.

Since then, Valencia has signed Rufete and De Los Santos from my Malaga, so I have continued to follow them, although I know that De Los Santos hasn't been seeing much time. Is he still with the squad?

Unfortunately, Valencia won't be in the Champions League this year and will have to settle for the UEFA Cup, which may be good for them, as I can see them as being one of the strongest teams in the competition. They should make it to the quarterfinals and beyond, hopefully winning the whole thing. However, the lack of CL money may explain why they haven't been signing as many players as years past.

11. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver

Very good analysis. DLS is with the squad, but as you said, has not seen much playing time. I loved Che's run with Claudio and Gaizka, and as you said, they were a dynamic duo. Itll be interesting to see how Cannobio and Oliveira progress.

12. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    I didnt remember Gonzalo played for Malaga before los ches, BTW Barça will win the UEFA Cup!

13. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver

The way Blaugrana is playing right now, they can take on anyone, UEFA Cup, C-League, Libertadores, anyone. I'm scared of what this team can do.

14. Manya

Manya New Member

Aug 3, 2003
    Mario, the Canobbio your talking about is Osvaldo Canobbio..

Luckily the player Valencia signed is Fabian Canobbio, who is 22 years old..And trust me, he is a great player.

Before he left he was definelty the best player at Penarol. He can player in midfield as a playmaker or as support striker. He has so much flair and creativity and yes...he loves to score:D

But I'm not sure where he could fit in the team..He's a left footer...Would he be able to work together with Vicente and Aimar in Midfield? Him and Aimar could create magic together.

Or Nothing more than a fringe player? I hope not because he is a star and I hope Benitez sees this.

Lets hope he does well.:)

15. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Welcome to the boards Manya, thanks for clarify, it seems he's a very good prospect, whatever happenned to Osvaldo? he was really good in El Taladro!

16. Manya

Manya New Member

Aug 3, 2003
    Thanks Mario..

Yeah Fabian is a great prospect and hopefully get a look in for la seleccion..

With Osvaldo? I have no idea where he is..:p

17. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
  18. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    pero nunca me hare gashina!!!

19. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    PS weeks 5-10 :eek: what a tough fixtures!

20. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget week 3!! ;)

21. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver

Fuerza Gallina.

22. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Valencia-2
    Liverpool-0

From Anfield. Things are looking on the up eh?

23. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Great performance by Aimar!

24. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Pablito played amazing, and I cant wait to see what Cannobio and Oliveira are going to do now.