The Official Unofficial UAE League Thread

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Nepal Footy, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Nepal Footy

Nepal Footy New Member

Feb 8, 1999
    Nepal
    Well with Weah, Sergio, Daei, Karimi and a bunch of other high profile players on their way to play in the UAE league, perhaps its time we take notice.

Could someone familiar with UAE football let us in on the facilities, teams, players and the league in general. What are the current and future ambitions of the league?

2. javid

javid New Member

Oct 27, 2001
    that's a good idea.

their league has nice facilities and i think should improve rapidly soon.

3. Iranian-Striker

Iranian-Striker New Member

Aug 7, 2001
    I hear Patrick Mboma is joining UAE League as well. According to Gulf News...

4. Iranian-Striker

Aug 7, 2001
    Well, they are spending LOTS of money on the league. Almost everyteam has an A class high profile coach. The facilities are top notch. They are also filling the league up with stars.

Recently there has been a massive import of Iranian players there. Ali Karimi, Mehrdad Minavand (CL experience), Ali Daei (CL experience), DinMohammadi, Hamed Kavianpour, Farhad Majidi, and some others are part of UAE league.

5. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Colombian international Jairo Castillo is going to play in UAE, too.

6. kasai

kasai New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    California
    I heard a rumor that the country will change names to UIE to support all the Iranian players that have transferred there. LOLLLLLL

7. Iranian-Striker

Aug 7, 2001
    :D !!

8. astar24

astar24 New Member

Jun 27, 2002
    Metsu

Bruno Metsu is to coach a club in UAE

9. i thought he's going qatar league. well, i heard it like a month or two ago though

10. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Re: Metsu

the funny part is that Metsu just intended to coach in UAE for a short period of time. He said he's just having a break from being the Senegalese coach.

But then, Senegal's FA fired him saying "there's no break in the Segegalese football."

:D

11. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Former Colombian international Hamilton Ricard is apparently also going to the UAE... don't know which club.

12. Gen-Max93

Gen-Max93 New Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sergio, the Brazilian from Bayern Munich just signed with Al-Wahda.

In an interview Daei said that the facilites in UAE is that of the same in Germany.

13. Iranian-Striker

Aug 7, 2001
    Daei looking forward to UAE League

"AFC - Iran striker Ali Daei has said that he is looking forward to playing in the United Arab Emirates league in the upcoming season, after being thoroughly impressed by the ambitions of his new club Al Shabab.

The 1999 Asian Football Confederation Player of the Year recently signed for the Dubai club after playing in the German Bundesliga with Bayern Munich and Hertha Berlin. Daei said he was very impressed with his new club and is now focussed on helping Al Shabab to reach new heights in the 2002-03 season.

"The management of the German clubs is better but the facilities of the UAE equal that of Germany," said Daei. "Everyone here wants to have professional football and works hard to reach this aim. The foreign coaches insist that all players be present for team practices on time and the Al Shabab practices of last week were nicely organized.

"Thank God that all is well. We train every day. Sometimes we work only once a day and sometimes twice. We began the practice sessions last week.

"Right now I am completely at peace here and I want to be fully fit and prepared for the new UAE season."

Daei added that he is working well with international compatriot Mehrdad Minavand, who recently arrived from Iranian club giants Pirouzi on a two-year contract worth US$1 million.

"Minavand and I work well together. We have had a few preliminary matches with both us playing in them," said the former Asian Player of the Year.

The Iranian's only concern has been adjusting to the weather since his return to the region.

"The hot climate of the UAE is not at all comparable with Europe and this is our main problem. I have no problems with the coaches and the staff. My problem is the heat," he added."

From: http://www.asian-football.com/mrel/news_41929_E.html

14. Shah

Shah New Member

Is the UAE league better than the Saudi League? How do you all think it compares with the K-League or the J-League?

15. Saudi Bill

Saudi Bill New Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    I don't follow the UAE league, but usualy at the end of a match between a team from saudi, and a team from UAE, the winner is the saudi team.

16. Emirati

Emirati New Member

Jun 22, 2004
    UAE
    SB you are right if you mean NT,but clubs i don't think so :D

I don't agree getting players from europe they never shine we should stick to Africa , Iran & S. America for talent.

And i competely agree with Daei on the mangement issue.

17. darudude

darudude New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    canada
    oil money finally paying off huh? lived in dubai(UAE) for 11 years. why the hell didnt they start bring in the players earlier???

18. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Anybody got the lastest results? How is Karimi doing over there in UAE?

19. TheOranje

TheOranje New Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Hi guys im new to the board, im currently living in Abu Dhabi captial city of the U.A.E. and I watch a lot of the local games...Ali Karimi had an impressive first game last week scoring a hat trick for his club Al Ahli in a 5-0 win over Al Shabab....in other results Al Ain is still looking impressive in the league with a quick 6 points despite getting knocked out of the champions league, Al Wahda is second in the stands with 4 points in 2 games...Watch out for Ismail Mattar a homebred talent in the league...u guys need results anytime just let me know

20. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Clubs and NT there is no difference. :D

21. Emirati

Emirati New Member

Jun 22, 2004