The official Trinidad and Tobago South Africa 2010 campaign thread

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by midknight, Jan 4, 2008.

1. rob88

rob88 Member

Nov 23, 2005
    Mexico city
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Maybe Cornell is playing at Zacatepec?

2. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Lucky bastard :D

3. Pepsinono redder

Pepsinono redder Red Card

Jul 30, 2008
    MD/DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Trinidad vs ES in the 96 Gold Cup....

[youtube]lolS5NBmQ04[/youtube]

I thought you guys might enjoy this old footage (If it's been posted before I apoligize)....Latapy scored twice....but ES came out on top 3-2...

Hope you enjoy the clip.

4. Reaper2004

Reaper2004 New Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Whoopee doo that was OLD news something I didnt want to relive.

5. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    is TNT in the gold cup?

6. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Did Honduras qualify for Germany '06?;)

7. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    No.

8. cal-trin

cal-trin Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Mountain View, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    rumblings that Maturana is going to be 'restructured' out on his ass from the big boss.

9. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago

I hope so, There is no reason for us to be knocked out of the carib cup in the first round.:eek:

10. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    That was the third round

11. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    While I agree that Maturana hasn't inspired any confidence what so ever, the players have to take the bulk of the blame for not at least making the Gold Cup. They played level shite to loose to Grenada and squeak a result against Barbados. Neither of those teams should be giving us trouble at this stage of WC qualifying. The players have to shoulder most of the blame, the strikers and attacking mids especially. Their attitude to the tournament was unprofessional and they payed the price. :mad:

12. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    so 8 players from england are going to el salvador!! feb 11th!:)

13. EstebanLugo

EstebanLugo Member

Mar 18, 2007
    N of your DB
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I went to bed thinking Maturana's boys had pull a historic win off then I found out today they didn't! OMG! :eek: :eek: :eek:

14. JackBastard

JackBastard Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Bridgend
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    I know you kindly agreed to let Jason Scotland miss the qualifier against El Salvador, but what's the reason in general for him not getting in the team at the moment. The guy's scored 43 goals in 77 games for us, are your stirkers really that good?!

15. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Our coaching staff sucks. They play 4-5-1 most of the time. Jason should be starting along side Jones. Everyone knows this. Right now T&T has a weak mid field but lots of good forwards (Jones,Scotland,Roberts,John and Glenn). With the available fire power we should play 4-4-2 but they prefer to add one more midfielder to protect Yorkes' aging legs.

16. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    so who are yall gonna call-up for the home game against us.

17. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    With this coach we never know :confused:

18. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

ANd you are just realizing it now, I told warrior that and it was in one ear, and out the other. But he doesnt listen, Maturana is one of the most burnt out coaches ever. after Colombia's inspirational win vs Argentina in 1993, he has done nothing right.

He took an "over talented" colomobia wc USA 1994 and didnt even pass the first round. Its been all down hill from there, and took all the teams he coached nowhere. Trinidad made a mistake hiring this guy, you have to admit it.

19. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    WCQ: Matchday 2: Trinidad and Tobago Vs Honduras: 3/28/09
    Trinidad and Tobago Head Coach Francisco Maturana on Thursday announced a 19-man squad for this country’s next 2010 World Cup Qualifying match at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Saturday from 7pm.

Maturana along with the rest of his coaching staff including assistant coach/player Russell Latapy finalized the roster following the team’s 1-0 victory over Panama on Wednesday night.

The squad includes seven overseas-based players - Dennis Lawrence (Crewe Alexandra), Stern John (Bristol City), Kenwyne Jones and Carlos Edwards (Sunderland), Jason Scotland (Swansea City), Khaleem Hyland (SV Zulte Waregem) and Jan Michael Williams (Ferencvarosi TC).

The rest of the squad includes goalkeepers Marvin Phillip (W Connection) and Glenroy Samuel. Three ‘keepers have been named because of a leg muscle injury sustained by Phillip in Wednesday’s match which could see him needing up to a five days to recover.

Anthony Wolfe (North East Stars), Keyeno Thomas (Joe Public), Makan Hislop (United Petrotrin), Aklie Edwards (Defence Force), Trent Noel (San Juan Jabloteh), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Clyde Leon (W Connection), Keon Daniel, Glenroy Samuel (Caledonia) and Latapy are the other players on the roster.

Dwight Yorke, served with a four-match suspension which has been appealed by the Football Federation, as well as Christopher Birchall and Clayton Ince who are out of Saturday’s match due to double yellow cards suspension, will also travel to Port of Spain next week to join the team in training. Both Birchall and Ince will be back in the squad for the April 1 World Cup qualifier against United States in Nashville.

Scottish-based defender Marvin Andrews, after being initially invited for the Panama game and subsequently the back to back qualifiers was not considered in the final selection having stated to team management that he would be unavailable to travel until late next week due to personal business which could not be avoided. He however remains available for future selection.

Maturana gave his impressions of Wednesday’s 1-0 win over Panama as well as looked ahead to Saturday’s affair at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

“For me I think we achieved what we were looking for in the match. I thought we were organized in certain areas that we were hoping relating to some departments of the play and with respective players and their roles. The objective is always to win and we achieved that. It may not have been filled with goals or chances but generally there were some good points achieved,” Maturana told TTFF Media.

Assistant coach Latapy added that physically he was in good shape based on how he felt in Wednesday’s match.

“I’ve said that obviously I would work towards getting myself in the best physical condition and I’ve been working that. I felt fine out there last tonight and hopefully this will be the same for the matches coming up. I would need to keep myself this way if it means that I would have to be involved in the field of play against Honduras,” Latapy said.

“I think we have to look closely at the players we have. We’ve always had talented players and it is a situation where we have to find the best formula for the team. I don’t think it can ever be a blessing in disguise if we are missing some of these players (through suspension) but we need to work with what is available to us in the best possible way,” Latapy said.

T&T 19-man squad

Goalkeepers
    Jan Micheal Williams, Marvin Phillip, Glenroy Samuel.

Defenders
    Keyeno Thomas, Dennis Lawrence, Makan Hislop, Aklie Edwards.

Midfielders
    Anthony Wolfe, Trent Noel, Keon Daniel, Clyde Leon, Densill Theobald, Khaleem Hyland, Carlos Edwards, Ataullah Guerra, Russell Latapy.

Forwards
    Jason Scotland, Stern John, Kenwyne Jones.

20. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Good to see the young U-20 GK Glenroy Samuel getting a call up to the squad. I also thought U-20 defender Primus, and midfielders De Silva and Paul shouldve been included.

21. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. cal-trin

cal-trin Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Mountain View, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    update to this thread:

28 Mar, Honduras 1:1

1 Apr, USA 3:0

8 Apr, Maturana resigns, Latapy interim coach assisted by Vranes.

23. lucky4life

lucky4life New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    well let see what happen next,and i hope that they start to win these remaining matches that coming up,if not well...you now the rest so their is no need for me to say

24. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California