The Official SuperLiga thread Vol III [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by sidspaceman, Aug 15, 2007.

1. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  2. backwithblack

backwithblack Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Texas
    Congrats to Pachuca on the game tonight. Hopefully you guys will be the first representatives of CONCACAF to make the finals of the Club World Cup.

3. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    Completely agree.

Someone please link this post when the countless spazzos come into our forum and cry about us not caring about their league. this is the exact reason. they're pathetic.

4. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

yea... pachuca has now been baptized as: Bunkerbuster

5. SoyOllin

SoyOllin Member+

Aug 14, 2006
    D TOWN
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    All time: Pachuca 2 Dynamo 0

In all honesty, I think pachuca played a bad game. They got complacent and didn't cut off the head when they had the window of opportunity which took them into penalties to win it. Calero should've blocked that header, it was very near him (heres hoping Blanco comes up).

After Chaco left Alvarez was the only one moving the ball around attempting to start something. No body besides him was really playing the wings and they were just attacking through the center most of the time. Chitiva was playing good till got he ejected which blows that means he can't play in the final.

Tuzos win the in the final 3-1.

6. backwithblack

backwithblack Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Texas
    Not to sound like a "spazzo" but Dynamo were missing a lot of players (4 or 5) and were down a man for most of the game (11-10 and then 10-9). It makes sense to play for penalties when there's only a few minutes left. We just aren't at the level that you guys are at to where we have really deep teams. Hopefully that's the next step we'll take in the upcoming years. Regardless, it was a really good game and if there's a team to lose to in this tourney, Pachuca is the one.

Good luck this season, though!

7. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm all for bashing MLS but lets be fair.

If you go down a man most teams teams will drop back and play defensively.

That said once it was 10 v 10 Houston kept playing defensively, which was wack.

Having said all that Pachuca looked sluggish, they really miss Aquivaldo and Rey and Lugo are crap.

8. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I agree, Pachuca did not play well. Both teams did not play well. Pachuca got careless in their marking and Dynamo just tried to exploit their opponents errors rather than generate their own opportunities.

9. vexed redded

vexed redded Red Card

Jul 15, 2007
    paradise valley, az
    Fukc Yeah! take that dumbass unskilled untechnical gayassbunkering mls!. Im not excited because mfl teams winning in this shit tourney but the simple fact that we took out another garbage mls team in pre season and with a flaming turd ref. CLEARLY on sides on the '42, pachuca was robbed. Then the ref lets dynamo waste all the fukn time in the world, and all those fouls he didnt call. He didnt even give an xtra 2min or 1 in overtime, he just stopped both halfs exactly at the 15' , and at the corner kick pachuca was gonna take. What a worthless most stupidest pile of shit that ref was. And remember mls were better always have been and always will be. Mfl has been around over a 100 years you asswipes have ALOT of catching up to do. The thing that really gets to me is the that typical mls fan mentality, if they would of won this their god awful stupid asses would of been all celebrating "DYNAMO IS THE BEST IN ALL THE AMERICAS, SINCE DYNAMO BEAT PACHUCA THE SUDAMERICANA CHAMPS WERE NOW THE BEST IN THE AMERICAN CONTINENT! YAY IM GAY!. Even if pachuca would of lost, pachuca played WAAAAYYY better and had so much more skill, all those chances they half assed and opportunities they missed. Mfl teams need to play at %100 when playing sorry ass mls teams, mfl teams score and sit back all confident while mls teams are playing like a champions league final :rolleyes:. How wack is that, all games in mls teams home , retarded. I know theirs mlsers reading you all can blow me jejeje, WERE #1 suckers :D.

10. Tello

Tello BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 20, 2006
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I Propose a Toast to Pachuca winning the Dumbest Tourney ever....

11. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    I couldn't have said it better my self......

12. Dynamo and ArsenalFC

Aug 5, 2006
    Beaumont
    why won't Pachuca go away:(

13. TrDm1n3r

TrDm1n3r Member+

Dec 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Club América
    Dang

Dynamo just got TuzOWNED.

Again.

14. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    I just saw the pk, hahahahahahaha

And the Derosario goal, ha...these were the MLS champs???

nyuk nyuk nyuk

15. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    Mosco that

16. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    Cheers, but this tournament is way too cheap, meaningless and useless to use champagne, so what about just some facken fanta instead?.......

17. siva66

siva66 Member+

Apr 7, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    what a freaking waste of time this tournament is. crappy mls teams and even worse referees who are affraid to blow the whistle. oh yeah, all the games are home games for the minor leaguers. there is absolutely nothing to gain from this for mfl teams. someone please kill this thing.

18. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Naw some MD 2020

[​IMG]

19. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

You want fair?

playing a man down is a disadvantage, however, all it really means is that a team can not risk as much and has to play more compact. Its rotations take on a more zone approach.

Lapuente's tactics in these type of situations should be a model as to how to play under those type of circumstances.

America played 85 minutes with 10 men against Morelia during a 2002 Copa Libertaores quarterfinal match and won 2-0. They didnt win with fluke goals either.

in theory, you still have 4-4 line or perhaps even a 5-3 line. A 5-3 line, however is not recommended because the left and right full back will run longer distances. Using a 4-4 line, the left mid and the left back (right mid and right back) can interchange on the attack. That is why in modern football, multifunctional players are a must. Rotation of players and dutings is key under these circumstances.

20. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I thought it was a pretty good game.

They're not on the FMF's level but the game was worth watching. They pose a challenge with size that Pachuca is not used to dealing with, which makes the matchup interesting and unpredictable.

Pachuca's advantage on the ground is avalanche like. Houston's advantage in the air isn't as pronounced but it's an advantage they take advantage of none the less.

I've thought this tournament is shit from the get go, but in all honesty I enjoyed the game.

21. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    Jose Mourinho says a 4-3-2 is his favorite way to play when he is down to 10. I would take Mourinho's word way over Lapuente's.

A 4-4-1 is horrible because there is no way to form an attack other than getting it to the 1 forward and then having him hold the ball, waiting to pass which enables the opposing team to get back on defense easily.

I think a 4 -3-2 is good becasue you could still have two outlets to attack through with the two forwards. The 3 mids all play a cm/dm role that can always move up. And the sidebacks can also function offensively.

A 4-3-2 is a good way to play for a win without bunkering.

Houston was pathetic when they went down to 10...and Pachuca was even more pathetic for taking them for granted and not finishing them when they were able to.

22. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Though they probably should, I can't imagine they'll kill this tournament after one season. Assuming a second occurs next summer, how would the format change? I've read that it will be based on the best teams that don't qualify for or aren't invited to bigger tournaments like the Copa Sudamericana or the CONCACAF Champion's cup. If they could up the prize money, drop two MLS teams in favor of another Mexican team and say a Costa Rican team, it might make it a little more interesting. A good team will take a crappy tournament more seriously if the money is good. Hopefully that could spark some better matches.

23. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The response was for the ones who wanted Houston to play offensively.

Come on now you have to be realistic here, no team plays offensively playing down a man. I know you can come up with exceptions to the rule, but a team will always drop back and look to protect its goal when down a man. Especially if your leading.

Before they went a man down they played attacking football. After that all defense. It would have been suicide to play offensively against a team as lethal as Pachuca.

Like I said before once it was 10 v 10 they kept playing defensively which was wack but what are you going to do, its the MLS

24. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I dont have cable :(

25. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    i do believe you are talking out of your ass and mentioning mourihno to give your argument more cred :D:eek: You cant play 4-3-2 with a man down. You lose the middle and the lines between the forwards and the defense are wider

for starters, there is no secret playbook when playing a man down because you do not know which player and which function you will lose.

-----------

Just to give an example, a couple years back..Lapuente's team was playing a man down. An attack orientated player was sent off and to my surprise he takes out a centerback and puts in a defensive mid.

I was thinking, "what the ******** is he doing".

as you know, Lapuente plays with 4 men in the back. well, he knew that he needed a player than could defend and connect the defense with the offense...the dmid actually functioned as a libero having the liberty to move up a bit, but not far enough to leave the back line exposed.

The match ended in a draw but the point is that the team did not get desperate, they still played calm, and their marking was dead on.

---------------------------------

i am not saying that a team can function the same, but neither should it go to the extreme and put everyone behind the ball. Even when Pachuca and Houston had 10 men each, they still did not risk. THAT IS MY PROBLEM which is why I cant stand watching most MLS matches. Too cuatious for my tatse