The Official SuperLiga thread Vol II [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by sidspaceman, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  2. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    wow.. the spazzos are geniouses...

3. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Un fkn belivable. I can't believe the shyt im reading over at the MLS boards.

:eek:

This comming form the same clown who mentioned MLS is better than the LPF 2 because "Segunda doesn't have players like Angel and Beckham".

Can't seem to find the post but some dumbass said Donovan was the fastest player in the Americas, Period!

4. Chivasporas

Chivasporas Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Dallas, Tx
    I believe it, these are the same people who voted for bush

5. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the other thread, I suggested that the Superliga is 2/3 money grab, 1/3 an attempt to spur Warner to professionalize the CCC or else see it surpassed. A poster said, well, then why isn't there a CR team and a Jamaican team in the Superliga. I didn't get a chance to respond cuz the thread closed. So here goes.

My opinion is that deep down, SUM, the Mexican Fed, and MLS, all would really just prefer to shoot across Warner's bow, with the intention that he gets the message and creates a proper CCC. For now, there's no need to directly take on CONCACAF, so there's no need to directly take on Warner's conception of the confederation's club championship. So no need for a Costa Rican club.

If the Superliga works out, and the CCC continues to suck, well, maybe in 2009 or 2011 you might see the US and Mexico directly challenge the CCC. And that would mean inviting other teams. For now, make some money, the Mexican clubs reach out to their US fans, the MLS teams hope to gain respect from Latinos in their community, and so on.

6. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    FMF is not going to undermind the CCC and jeapordize their relationship with CONCACAF. Their relationship with CONCACAF has been the best it has ever been since perhaps the early 90s.

----------------------------------------------------------

If Superliga is wanting to establish prestige, it chose the wrong months. Superliga will have to compete with other NT tournaments like Gold Cup, Copa America, Confederations Cup, Olympics, and/or World Cup. Though the Superliga and other tournament's dates might not coincide, players will want to rest. Just look at Chivas and Pachuca---their players participated in Gold Cup and Copa America and alot of them are on vacation (or just being rested).

-----------------------------------

If Superliga is to become the UEFA Cup or Sudamericana of CONCACAF, it will have to be played during the actual league calender and furthermore, MLS will have to get with the program and play their season alongside the rest of us.

Aug-Dec (League, Copa Sudamericana, SuperLiga)
    Jan-May (League, Libertadores, CCC)

7. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    from the last thread.

judging by the crowds in DC and Dallas there isn't much interest in this by MLS fans outside of the Big Soccer set. LA is a bit of an abberation as I'm sure many people showed up expecting to see Beckham.

DC went up 1-0 in the 7th on a Christian Gomez free kick for those that care.

8. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
    7 new players in starting role and new coach..makes a very big difference in team work.

9. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Monarcas playing like crap. Diego Martinez is junk.

That tall dude playing in the mid aint bad but there isnt much movement going on to get him involved or the brazilian dude.

10. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You know what else is pathetic about the StupidLiga is that the MFL teams have to fly out to other cities while the MLS teams take home field advantage what a joke

11. commitment#4

commitment#4 Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Martinez gives away the ball with those long ball passes. Carasco and Aldrete in, hopefully Aldrete can add some speed and break away for a shot or pass to Landin.

12. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    BULLSHIT officiating.....

13. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    GENTLEMEN

having bullshit central american, american, and carriban officiating is PRECISELY why we shoudnt support Superliga.....

14. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    unbelievable.

much like always, pure trash from the american and the refs.

15. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
    How could you say home advantage when only like five thousand people show up to support their mls teams?

I would call it a field advantage(look at DCs field) and ball advatange.
    Using the same ball that is used in the MLS.

16. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
    its an absolute joke

17. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    so what is this SuperLiga good for besides getting MLS fans from bigsoccer all wet from excitement?

Gotta admit..it's a good preseason for the teams...and it does bring out some laughs when you read the stuff on the MLS boards hahahaha

now there's no pre-season, no team playing with 9 young reserves...now this are the games that decided it all and show the true level of MLS teams compared to MFL teams..:D

i think the MLS teams have done what they had to do to win....Still, the mexican teams just look better technically,stuff that sometimes i don't notice in MFL games...putting them along the weaker-technically MLS teams makes it stand out more i guess..

18. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Jeeezzzzzzzzz

19. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    okay..... red card for landin.... i can understand that for retaliatng..but what about the yellow card for the DC player that fouled from behind

20. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    those dc fans are hilarious... hooligan wanna-be douches

21. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  22. commitment#4

commitment#4 Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What the hell happen? I go to the store and Lading got a red, what did he do?

23. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
    OMFtio chuy...

I just saw what happen to the landin, that DC is cockface.

DC fans, stop just stop. your a joke of a barra. screaming eagles????? get the ******** out.

THey have a banner with Morelia who? hahaha At least Morelia well known in mexico but what about the DC in the US?> LMAO.

24. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
    after boswell swung hard and hit him in the thigh close to the nuts, landin got up and pushed him in the back.

push = red card

savage kick to the thigh = yellow

ref = dumbass

25. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
    their "barra brava" ahahahahahah just a joke, the whole league is a joke bunch of wannabes