The official Soccer bittorrent Download

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by pc4th, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    It's still not working, but I am also having trouble downloading the Brazil vs Argentina game and I tried the Germany vs Switzerland one and that didn't work either, but I get a different error for these: "Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error (10060, 'Operation timed out')>" and that comes up as soon as I click the links. :/

To install bittorrent all I did was go to the link listed in the very first post on this thread and downloaded the Windows Installer. I double clicked it and after like half a second it said something like "Bittorrent has now been installed". Without asking me where I wanted to install it or anything, so I dunno if I installed it right. I managed to download the Peru vs Uruguay game but I kept getting the error that I'm getting for Brazil/Argentina a lot. I also downloaded the USA-Mexico game a while ago, on my old computer and that went through without a single problem. But now I can't even seem to get started downloading any matches. :(

2. Narmec

Narmec Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Tucson, Arizona

Zeek, I had the same problem with the Holland/Ireland game (my first ever attempt at a BitTorrent download). I just left the thing running and all of a sudden it started downloading. I guess you just have to be patient until it finds a tracker (whatever that is).

I've now downloaded 3.2 MBs, only 442 to go!

3. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    OK, so my links do work. If you're getting the "Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error (10060, 'Operation timed out')>" error. Leave your BT client running and wait. It'll connect to the tracker after a while.

4. TeddyBear

TeddyBear New Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Bonnie Scotland
    I'd really love the France brazil game that happend a few weeks ago... :)

5. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    i wonder if we will get into any kind of trouble if we posted euro 2004 next week... cant wait for it begin!

6. 1953 4-2-4

1953 4-2-4 Red Card

Jan 11, 2004
    Cleveland
    Anyone have Germany0 v. Hungary2 ?

7. Narmec

Narmec Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Tucson, Arizona
    kc123, thanks for the link! I watched the game last night and the commentary was in English!

A couple of questions:

It took nine hours to download (cable). Is that a long time for a 445 MB file?

What is the function of the mirror? I had to choose one before downloading the BT program.

Thanks

8. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    You were lucky getting the English commentary. Since these torrent files come from some chinese BT sites, the commentary's usually in Chinese.

From my experience, downloading a 445mb file usually takes about an hour to hour and half.
    1. Are you using the official BT client? If so then get a better one. I mentioned some a few pages back.
    2. Is your computer firewalled? Opening up ports will make your d/l a lotta faster.
    3. The d/l speed depends on the numbers of seeds/peers. There weren't too many people d/ling this match, so I think it's the reason that your d/l took too long.

9. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Hey, fevernova. Are we allowed to post links to the euro 2k4 matches??? Don't wanna run into any kinda trouble.

10. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Kc, no idea if its allowed. But i dont want this thread to be shut down since there are some good stuff being posted from time to time and also dont want to bring unneccessary attention to sites that host the torrents...still need to see the asian cup and see wcq. Maybe one of the moderators will tell us in the future...?

Some people on BS are against internet dl citing its illegal, some of them are prob just jealous since they forked over $180 and now they find out it can be watched for free...but if euro 2004 is posted, this thread will be REAL popular for the next month!

11. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't think any of the stuff posted here is legal, unless the companies that have the rights to those images are the ones sharing them, so the Euro 2004 legality discussion is rather silly.

12. sjjn

sjjn Member

Mar 29, 2002
    NYC
  13. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Its not rather silly...the discussion is if you have no access to serie A or la liga or euro 2004 then why would it be illegal to dl or stream, you cant pay for it even if you want to, its not the same as the whole mp3 dl issue. If you watch a show with commericials intact then its almost the same as a taping an event. Setanta sports has the us tv rights, this is over the internet, setanta do not have the right to control what people watch over the computer.

14. Captain Sassy Pants

Captain Sassy Pants New Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Yes does anyone have this match as i too would love to download it.....
    It was the best 0-0 draw i have ever seen... most exciting thst is....and the accuracy of both teams passes must have been 80% or more....

France have a great defence but Brazil's talent still manage to make chances... And zidane and his marker denilson have a good battle... but they don't call him the worlds best for nothing..... And you get to see the world famous choker on all the big ocassions... Henry the choker.... I hope he can over come this problem..

15. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    If you get that error then yeah, you can leave it on and eventually it will go, but for the problem I am getting with your links (and the USA vs Honduras game) is that after the error message bittorrent just says "Failed" and stops. I could probably leave it on for a week and it still would not connect and download. :/

Here is the USA vs Honduras game that I'm trying to get:

http://torrent.guilfoos.com/2jun04_usa_honduras.torrent

And I get the error: "Bittorrent was passed a filename that does not exist. Either clear your Temporary Internet Files or right-click the link and save the .torrent to a disk first." :/

16. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Well, I clicked the link, no "Failed" error for me. I could connect to the tracker. I left it running for a few minutes, the seed number stayed at 1. So the d/l speed will be very slow.

So does right-click work? I've never encountered this problem before. Sorry, can't help ya.

17. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hey yo!

I was wondering what all you TV Capturing guys are using to perform these tasks.
    What are your PC/Vid Card Setup??
    I use a ATI AIW 8500 and it works ok.

I hear this is an excellent card:
    Hauppauge PCI Video Recorder, TV/FM Tuner Card, Model "WinTV PVR 350" -REATIL
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=15-116-609&depa=0

So what are your setups?
    I hope to contribute once I get my Dish up....

18. Captain Sassy Pants

Jun 6, 2004
    are you saving all your torrents to your temporary files????
    also the only time when my torrent has failed is when my HDD was full..... 1 1: make sure you aren't saving in your temp files as it sounds like you are
    2: make check that the drive you are saving them to isn't full either.....

and if that doesn't work go to..... www.whirlpool.net.au and or www.overclockers.com.au ... you need to join like most forums before you post... and with the overclockers forum you can't use free e-mail address hotmail, yahoo, etc. ..... but first check the 2 things i asked you then if still no luck... go to those sites and someone will help you....

Also which downloader you use???? I use Bit Tornado and i get time outs and errors all the time... u just leave it go... and eventually it will start.
    good luck

19. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Well for the 3 that I was able to successfull download: USA vs Mexico, Peru vs Uruguay, and Brazil vs Argentina... all I did was left click on the links that were in the posts, a box would come up and have me pick where I wanted to save it to, I picked and hit ok, then it started the download. For the rest I get that error that says "Bittorrent was passed a filename that does not exist. Either clear your Temporary Internet Files or right-click the link and save the .torrent to a disk first." I was using the thing that you can download from the very first post on this thread and today I downloaded Bit Tornado and still got the same error. I have over 10 gigs of free space on my HD so that's definitally not a problem. :D

For the ones that give me this error, it never asks me where to save it to, it just gives me the error and dies. All the ones that worked asked me where to save it to and then they worked fine. What am I suppose to choose when I right click it? Save Target As...? When I do that for the USA vs Honduras game it just downloads a 57 KB file and that's it. :/

*Edit:

Ok after I saved it as the 57 KB file I left clicked it again and it brought up Bit Tornado which has this error: problem getting response info - [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Documents and Settin and then the text goes out of the window, and when I try to expand the window to read the rest the error message goes away. :(

20. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Brazil v France.... not bittorrent but you need a download program to copy this stream, use a dl program, copy the address paste it into the field and it should work...

mmst://218.30.8.9/vod1/sport/match/040521_fra_brz/2.wmv?str=2cc5f71230c7ed0c030443bc6def2302

mmst://61.144.56.195/vod1/sport/match/040521_fra_brz/3.wmv?str=2cc5f71230c7ed0c030443bc6def2302

Good luck!

21. Captain Sassy Pants

Jun 6, 2004
    you are talking about a download xlr8er right? like get right or DAP????

22. Captain Sassy Pants

Jun 6, 2004
    i tried using get right but had no luck... what did u use?

23. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Anyone got the Uefa U-21 European Championship Final between Serbia Montenegro and Italy???