The official Soccer bittorrent Download

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by pc4th, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any soccer download through bittorrent link should be post here for others to use. Please share with others any bittorrent links you know.

For those that are newbie to bittorrent, it's a program that let you share file with other users at a much higher speed than program like Kazaa, but instead of a centralized hub, you find files to download through webpages (links) that other people posted. As long as there is a person sharing the file, you can always download.

If you need bittorrent, you can get it here:
    http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/download.html

Please post any soccer bittorrent download you know.

Real Marid-Barcelona game last Sunday can be downloaded through instructions here:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108436

I use bittorrent mainly for newly released anime, so I don't know any soccer link. Hence, this thread.

2. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sorry to report: The link doesn't work anymore. I can't download it. I hope you have better luck.

found a link lot of soccer downloads but it's in chinese
    http://www.soccer-media.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=4&sid=N8rGkx

hopefully, we have a BS user that could navigate through that page and guide us to the bittorrent link.

5. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    unfamiliar with bittorrent: read its description by a news article:

Enter BitTorrent, a fascinating piece of software written by a young Seattle programmer, Bram Cohen. BitTorrent solves the asymmetric bandwidth problem by finding other computers that host the same file. By downloading, say, one-tenth of the file from 10 computers at the same time, BitTorrent puts your download capacity to full use. In fact, the more popular a file is, the faster it downloads because there are more computers with copies to share the load.

To ensure that the load is shared, the software implements a fiendishly simple rule: the faster you upload, the faster you are allowed to download. BitTorrent cuts up files into pieces, and as soon as a user has a piece, they immediately start uploading that to other users. So almost all of the people who are sharing a given file are simultaneously uploading and downloading pieces of the same file.

The BitTorrent system makes it easy to distribute very large files to large numbers of people while placing minimal bandwidth requirements on the original 'seeder'. That is because everyone who wants the file is sharing, rather than downloading from a central source. This is interesting to those of us who have no desire to swop movie files because BitTorrent provides us with an effective way of sharing large files quickly

Anyway, I'm off. I have no luck finding any soccer bittorrent through google. Hopefully someone know of a link and will post it here. The more people sharing the file, the faster it will be downloaded and more people will enjoy the beautiful game.

6. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. caddisfly

caddisfly New Member

May 24, 2001
    Portland, OR
    For those of you new to Bittorrent, there is one very important thing to know. Don't quit your program just because your download is finished! If everyone did this, Bittorrent wouldn't work at all. Most programs let you see your upload ratio which can be a good way to tell when it's OK to stop uploading to other users. An upload ratio of 1 or more means that you have given back as much as you have taken. The higher the ratio number, the better it is for other users trying to download the file for themselves. It's just the right thing to do. If a download is slow or you can't manage to get a complete file, it's because other people aren't continuing to share the file after they finished with the download.

8. lfc_jambo_lfc

lfc_jambo_lfc New Member

Apr 27, 2004
    even with a 1mb modem it takes over an hour :-(

9. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it depends. But usually, yeah, it would take more than an hour to download a 600 MB file. But you can quit your download anytime and download it where you left off once you get back online. So even if it takes you about 8 hours. You can do it over the period of 2 or 3 hours per day.

The more people are downloading the file (seeder and uploader) the faster the download will be. However, if there is no 'seeder' you will not get the full file.

10. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    PC, i'll give you a hand with bt and soccer media.

Here is the porto deportivo match:
    http://bt.gamesir.com/torrent/9ee6ff2c623ca36889e88d51dafc0eced7899c3c.torrent

use bittorrent and most likely the seeds will be gone by may-7 so dl quick and leave the bt open so others can get it too!

Monaco match will come later, I'll help put up manu-chelsea match this weekend...if people actually check this thread...

12. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you for the great links.

And for those new to bittorrent, one last comment. The average life of a torrent file is depended on how popular it is and how long the 'seed' will be online. If there is no seed, there is no full download. So typically, it would last about a week. However, you can ask (if you know someone who have the file) to re-seed.

oh, animesuki.com got a lot of anime torrent. If you are interested, check it out. Lot of good shows. On average, a typical popular epsidode last about a few weeks and about 30,000 downloads from all over the world.

It can be say that if soccer bittorrent is as organized as the anime torrent (there are hundreds of sites...with a few sites binding them together), it would make viewing popular soccer games around the world much easier especially those who is living outside the home country.

15. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot to add this gem, so here it is (it's video streaming, not download):

Classic FIFA World Cup Games

includes:
    1990 Cameroon : England
    1982 Italy : Federal Republic of Germany
    1978 Argentina : Netherlands
    1974 Netherlands : Brazil
    1982 Italy : Brazil
    1966 England : Federal Republic of Germany
    1986 Argentina : England
    1970 Brazil : Italy
    1970 Italy : Federal Republic of Germany
    1982 France : Federal Republic of Germany

and Goal of the Century

16. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting stuff.

I'm looking to set up a WASTE network (waste.sourceforge.net) to store/distribute torrents, and once swarming is supported on WASTE networks to actually provide the downloads there. The biggest advantage of this kind of set up is that it's secure - no one can join without swapping keys with someone already "in" the network. If MLS/USA torrents keep showing up on BS, some higherups might get miffed.

PM me if you are interested in joining the network. I'm especially in need of a few high-bandwidth people (like college students?) who can be always on to act as big file servers until WASTE supports swarming downloads. I'll be working up some protocol documents for sharing games and the like over WASTE since we are stuck without swarming - the biggest advantage of BitTorrent.

18. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Question, what is on phoenix torrents? a lot of soccer matches or highlights?

19. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    *off topic*

I have a small collection of goal MPEGS thanks to bigsoccer and my own personal ingenuity... every goal from france 98... most if not all of the USA goals from 2002... alot of other USMNT goals... all on cds.

i also have a few tapes... going to tape the last few rounds of libertadores if the bastard cable repairman ever gets here... can one of you please IM/PM me on if there is a way to convert those to mpeg so i can share them online?

20. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am downloading it at 10 kib/s. And I just started. Once I got about 2 MB of the file, the speed will increase hopefully to about 100 kib/s or so.

P.S. YOU DON'T NEED TO REGISTER.

I just click on that link and it works fine (without registration).

Thank you very much jameseyla for the link. Big Soccer community owes you a huge thank you.

21. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  23. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    any way to download those CopaLibertadores / MLS games from Yahoo?

24. arsena1

arsena1 New Member

May 7, 2004
    There are so many online soccer videos downloads.
    either streaming, bittorrent, http or ftp.
    why don't you guys make a soccer video forum ? like
    www.soccerpulse.com

btw, I think it's cool to use BT since it reduces the load
    and bandwidth needed by the original source.
    but always remember to leave it on for at least the amount of time
    u took to d/l it.

25. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States