the official Ricardo Clark thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by FAS, Jul 7, 2005.

1. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    A quick question. Is there a better "offensive" D-Mid in MLS? I can't see Armas, Kerry Z. or Pablo scoring goals like Rico does. The guy has a "bomb" of a shot, plus even when the keeper saves, it's a rebound. Maybe Joesph in NE?

2. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    I don't think there is a better one right now, Rico has just developed into one of the best players in the league period, and by far the best D-Mid. i just hope he stays around and doesn'y get snapped up on the off-season by some Euro team, he definitely has what it takes to play any where in the world.

3. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
  4. shasta

shasta New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    AEG SVCKS
    As nice as the two head shots were, they were started by people other than the goal scorer (especially Twellman's!).

Ricardo's was all him.

Goal of the week in my book!!!!!!!!!

5. Tony in Quakeland

Jan 27, 2003
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Quake Crazy

Quake Crazy Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Ceres Califonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rico should be on the next squad for the last qualifiers, if he can shine he could have a chance at Germany.

7. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and Chinger too.. he's such a Quakes lover.

I remember everyone was mad at him at the beginning of the season for something he wrote.. maybe his season predicions?

8. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone else read the article in the most recent Soccer America about how John O'Brien opted out of Ajax so that he could go into a program in California that would help him to readjust body mechanics? Apparently, the place that he is going to shows a person how better to use the body to avoid injuries, such as those of the hamstring type that O'Brien has been prone to. Sounds like something Brian Ching could benefit from as well.

9. losgatosfan

losgatosfan New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    I heard tonight that Rico has been told he's being called in to the USMNT "pre-camp" for the next World Cup Qualifier. That means he'll be called into the camp, but not necessarily be one of the guys who actually gets taken to the game. Not sure when the camp starts, the games are Sat Oct 8 (at Costa Rica) and Wed Oct 12 (at home against Panama). Would guess the camp starts Sunday/Monday Oct 2-3.

Congratulations to Rico. And even better for the Quakes, if my guess is right on the schedule, the only game Rico would miss would be against RSL, which you would hope they could win without him.

10. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    This is great news for Rico, who IMO is going to be the starting D-Mid for the USMNT for years to come. He is way better than Armas and hopefully will win his way into the team in germany. Also it's good news for Danny O'Rourke who'll get some much needed playing time if Rico is called up.

11. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Man of the Match Q&A: Ricardo Clark" (Wednesday, 9/28/05)

[​IMG]
    The Supporters' Shield is important to Ricardo Clark. (John Todd/MLS/WireImage.com)

[​IMG]
    Ricardo Clark and the Earthquakes slugged out a 1-1 draw with FC Dallas Saturday. (John Todd/MLS/WireImage.com)

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

12. alliu23

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bruce- call him up!!

13. MLS_Revs

MLS_Revs New Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Hi,

Any idea if Rico is going to be in Boston or anywhere in Massachusetts during the month of November? Are there any clinics, scrimmages, or anything like that he might be attending in the area?

14. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He might be headed to Scotland with the United States National team..I highly doubt he will be in the Boston area.

15. alliu23

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he better be headed to Scotland

I'd like to see him, ERob, Ching, Califf, and Barrett ALL in Scotland!

16. MLS_Revs

MLS_Revs New Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Thanks a lot, guys. Had thought maybe there was something scheduled for Massachusetts this month. Hope Scotland is productive.