The Official Red Bull Training Camp Thread

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Thomas A Fina, Jan 26, 2008.

1. sublicon

sublicon Member

RBNY, Fulham FC
    United States
    May 28, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You've convinced me. The pictures are very telling. When does this new scouting and player assessment technique get adopted by professional coaches?

2. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

May 14, 2007
    Edison, NJ
    Since we're getting on this new scouting technique, can we call for VDB to be traded for getting bored easily by what appears to be a pamphlet? I mean, this could lead opposing defenders in this coming season could distract him with shiny paper.

3. sublicon

sublicon Member

RBNY, Fulham FC
    United States
    May 28, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What if that is the Osorio playbook?? He's an academic!

4. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    it looked like the guys had a day off yesterday to watch the RBS game

5. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

May 14, 2007
    Edison, NJ
  7. FunMax

FunMax New Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Salzburg/Austria
    The game was declined because of heavy storm!

8. Prazan

Prazan New Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Prague
    I'm not surprised. We had a massive storm roll through here in Prague this morning with really high winds. It sounds like Salzburg got the same. There are 100,000 without power, train lines disrupted, roofs blown off, etc., with high winds expected for the rest of the day. I guess Ives, Michael Lewis, and co will just have to spend a few extra hours in the pub today. :)

[​IMG]

9. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New player in camp by the name of Lider Marmol

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2008/03/red-bulls-eyein.html#more

10. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  11. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and since Agoos has since confirmed (as per Ives) that Chicago is indeed ahead of RBNY with their discovery claim (I'm now wondering if they put in a discovery claim to every single player that they knew Ososrio was looking at when he was in Chicago), we can basically forget about him.

Unless MLS finally shows some sack and discards a system that ceased to make sense from the beginning (I mean, what was this designed to do anyway?)

I am not holding my breath

12. sublicon

sublicon Member

RBNY, Fulham FC
    United States
    May 28, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Chicago has to sign the guy for the discovery claim to hold up? If they don't sign him, then we should be free to do so, right? They can't just say "na na, sorry, if we can't sign him no one can" when they don't have a contract with the player.

Now, I know everyone loves to believe that all of MLS's rules are the most ludicrous ever conceived, but I thought that this was the case.

13. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I understand it, if Chicago offers him a contract (through MLS, that is) and he refuses, he can't sign with Red Bulls. The discovery claim system was put into place to prevent out bidding each other. So, Chicago can offer him a very low wage contract and the outcome is they either get a good player at a bargin, or he refuses MLS. Either way, NY is not getting this guy.

14. Huwiler's Odoreaters

Apr 10, 2007
    Every single rule about player acquisition was set up to avoid any possible scenario where teams would compete with each other for players. It's the basis of the entire league, and it's ********ed.

That's the legacy of Sunil Gulati, and the entire foundation of MLS: intricately crafted rules, hidden information, concealed rules, all designed to hold wages down as far as possible. Transparency and single entity are not reconcilable, and that fact will result in the league looking silly and amateurish until single entity is done away with-- and I don't see that happening as long as a few of the charter owners are still on board.

15. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At some point I imagine they'll get out voted.

16. Huwiler's Odoreaters

Apr 10, 2007
    I don't think it's a competition rule. A change like that, which cuts to the core of the way MLS is set up, surely would require unanimity.

17. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    in other camp developments, Ives seems high on Echeverry...which I think is good since Jozy's going to Europe this summer. That and Borman seems like a real player, amazing that a guy we get in the supplemental can make an impact.

18. FunMax

FunMax New Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Salzburg/Austria
  19. Exit16W

Exit16W New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Reston VA
    FunMax,

From what we are hearing in NY/NJ the game was out of control and that the Juniors were playing with a chip on their shoulders. Many of the RBNY players have been quoted by reporters as saying that the Juniors were chippy and dirty from the start. Were you there and if so what is your opinion?

20. FunMax

FunMax New Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Salzburg/Austria
    No, I wasn´t there. But a friend called me and told me that the New Yorkers play very, very hard with lot of fouls. One player got red card.
    So I don´t really know but I think it was a hard played match of both sides.

21. FunMax

FunMax New Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Salzburg/Austria
    btw: Next match: RBS (this time the 1st team) VS RBNY, Thursday, 3:30 pm (CET).

22. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully it will be a bit cleaner but with the same intensity...

23. lonelycowboy

lonelycowboy Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Austria
  24. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA