The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread 2006-2007

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey' started by Leon_St_Spurs, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Leon_St_Spurs

Leon_St_Spurs New Member

Jan 26, 2006
    Phila
    For the first time in a long time, the Philadelphia Flyers are being picked to not make the playoffs this year by some experts. I believe that the Flyers will make the playoffs this year, but their poor showing last night is making me wonder. If the Flyers don't make the playoffs this year, will people be calling for Bobby Clarke's head? I know that I am probably getting a head of myself by asking that question, but we haven't won the stanley cup since he's been GM, we haven't been to the Stanley Cup Finals since 1997, and we look like we are in for a long year. (hopefully that wont be the case).

2. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
  3. Jackie003

Jackie003 New Member

Aug 11, 2006
    T O R O N T O
    Hitchcock will find a new gig soon....its only a matter of time.

4. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Odd his first game was against his old team. Nice to see the Flyers get a rare win though.

5. UNCnatchamps06x20x23

Jan 5, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    I'm a huge flyers fan. I'm watching them right now. They look good, but they can't get anything past the Bruins' goalie (his last name's thomas.) I'm happy for Sami Kapanen. 2 goals today on the 11 anniversary of his first goal. the score right now is 4-2 Bruins with about 5:30 left in the third period.:rolleyes:

6. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So how long do people think it will take the Flyers to overcome Clarke's stupid moves before he left? Just this season? Next season too? Longer?

7. UNCnatchamps06x20x23

Jan 5, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    Probably the rest of this season. Some of the players he brought in was a stupid move, and actually, here, some people think its the best. I have no idea why. But, then again, they don't have the best GM now either. It is going to be one LONGGGG season with this team.

8. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SoB Night at the Philadelphia Flyers
    Join the SoBs on February 8, 2018 when the Flyers take on Montreal. Tickets are still available for $40 and they make a perfect gift for your hockey loving SoB!