The official MLS word game

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by pc4th, Jan 2, 2006.

1. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's simple. Just follow-up on what the poster above you wrote. Type as much as you like but try to make it interesting and MLS-related.

Example:
    I'll start by using the above (might as well)

On his way to practice, Freddy Adu saw a cow, not just any cow, a holy cow. Freddy stopped his bicycle, walked up to the cow and....

2. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    realized he was dab right in the middle of a ESPN side-by-side comercial for MLS's newest sponsor (some milk company). When looking to his left the young phenom sees an incredible play on the field which makes him say, ...

3. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Stella! Hey, Stella!"

Why did Freddy scream that out loud? We don't know. We might never know. But thanks to an article titled "the cow, the witchy split-screen and the wardrobe of Stella" written by Grant Wahl [and appeared on Sports Illustrated], we finally know his reason. It was because...

4. usfooty7

usfooty7 New Member

Oct 27, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Nike makes a new kit in the wife-beater-style titled "Ready For You" - mistaken, he thought Jaime Moreno was FINALLY calling him for a cross.

In response, after dribbling the ball and subsequently drawing the foul in the box, NE Revolution keeper Reis mutters...

5. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Show me the money!" a cheap imitation of a famous Tom Cruise movie.

Freddy was afraid; after all, Reis is a giant, so he reached into his pocket to hand over some lunch money to the big bully. But to his surprise he took something else out instead. It was...

6. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    a red pill and a blue pill.

Freddy said, "Matt, take the red pill and you will be the first US goalkeeper to be feared not just for saves but for scoring goals from your own box, but you will never be able to laugh again.

"Take the blue pill and you'll be this country's 1st rock star World Cup winning GK with supermodel wife included, but take that pill and you'll die a quick death when eating your favorite meal Cheeseburgers. Your third choice is to take (a 3rd and unseen) invisible pill and never remember this."

Matt looked at Freddy's offer with suspicion. After all, he knew of Freddy's good friendship with Alecko Eskandarian. But knowing a 16 year old's foot wizardy was a gift from the gods, Matt moved his glove right through the ESPN side-by-side boxes and took the...

7. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    blue pill

Freddy was estatic. After all, the blue pill promises a World Cup Final victory to the USMNT. Sure Reis will die a painful death but not before he got a taste of heaven from eating his favorite Cheeseburgers. What could be more beautiful, death at the hand of your favorite food? Freddy ponders.

Also, being the World Champion would bring happiness to countless US soccer fans (actually just a little over 3 dozens___U.S. soccer fans will be on the endangered species in the near future.)

Yup, Freddy was convinced of himself that Reis made the right decision. He but all forgeten how the pills were there in his pocket in the first place.

And so, the 30 seconds split-screen was over and Freddy got back on his bicycle and on his way to practice. Halfway there, he saw a man driving a cheap old car racing toward him. He is..

8. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mike Segroves, who told Freddy to get out of the way or "go and die in a fire."

Freddy responded by giving Mike Segroves...

9. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    a pack of matches:D

Freddy llooked at his watch and realized it was time for him to ride into the sunset with that Golden Cow. It was finally over, his hit reality TV Show of Freddy: The young phenom wrapped up its first season.

When asked by reporters about what he thought about the show, now that all the filming was done he said, "No man, it's just something I have to do. It just something fun I try not to take it too seriously."

When asked by reporters if he had any regrets from his his reality TV show, Freddy thought about the party with the supermodels, the fiasco with the Canadian Press, but Freddy looked at his watch and said...

10. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    "This watch cost $12,000, you know" with a confident grin "I don't regret that." Freddy then walked off feeling like he was above such questions. And who could blame him? He was a millionaire teenager who was given a BMW for his 16th birthday in exchange for endorsement. His life kicked ass.

Of course, a lot of people disliked Freddy because he was starting to get a bit cocky and they were jealous of him anyway. One of these people was Frankie Hedjuk.

Frankie, reeling the morning after a bender following being cut from Arena's camp sat up in his bed and...

11. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    called his agent and said, "Steve...

12. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I am pregnant."

There was a huge awkward pause before his agent Steve finally answered: "...

13. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's not mine, It can't be I have been snipped. Frankie scambling says....

14. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    "hmmmm" says Frankie.
    Steve starts laughing, "Frankie, call me in 2 hours when you sober up."
    "What?" answers a confused Frankie.
    "call me in 2 hours when you sober up."
    "Ok" Franike hangs up the phone and sleeps for 9 hours.

When he comes to, he almost didn't call Steve, but now that he didn't make the team for Germany, he realized he had time to golf with his agent, Steve.

"Yellow," says Steve
    "Hows it going Steve, I got cut from the team"
    "Yeah, you called at 7 a.m. in the morning, saying you were pregnant."
    "Hunh?"
    "Yeah, I guess you don't remember," Steve laughs, "that's all right, I have good news for you."
    "You want to play golf, too" Frankie says.
    "Well, yeah that too, but you've just been offered a contract to coach CD Chivas USA!"
    "What?"
    "You've been offered an offer to coach CD Chivas USA"
    "Hunh? But they just hired Bradley."
    "Well he's in Costa Rica now."
    "What's Bradley doing in Costa Rica?"
    "He's coaching their U20 national team. They figured after Sampson, they'd let Bradley have a go."
    "So he left out of contract, and since you're still you have the experience, know MLS, they thought of you. What do you say?"
    "But Chivas USA, they suck!"
    "Yeah, but not with you as their coach."

Frankie, ussually gave things like this much thought... so he said,"

15. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll take it with one condition"
    "What's that?"
    "I want a ChivasGirl as my nanny for a week."
    "Done, just don't pull any Jude Law. But since it's L.A.,...

16. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    no one will be the wiser."

At the same time, Bruce Arena was waking to the team's day off ...

17. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He ordered room service, watched footage of "Sven and the Sheidk" and wondered if American tabloid would pull a stunt like that on him.

His ego told him yes so he was happy and started daydreamming. His fantasy was short-lived however because he was interupted by...

18. g-fan 04

g-fan 04 New Member

Aug 19, 2004
    Topanga
    A call from the U.S. Soccer Federation.
    Federation:"Did you hear that Freddy Adu was coaching? Well he only lost a
    scrimmage against Real Salt Lake by one point so he's going to coach the National Team in Germany."
    "What," exclaimed Arena. ",but I've already decided who my left back should be."
    "It's okay," said the Federation. "You can be the assistant coach."
    Furious, Arena resolved to...