The Official Matías Almeyda thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Oct 7, 2018.

1. chris thebassplayer

Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Scott - Please don't go!

You're the only one who entertains Jazz' long winded "truth" sessions...gives us all a little break.

markmcf8 and mjlee22 repped this.
  2. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    This board has lost so many folks aver the 20 years or so I’ve been on. :thumbsdown:

3. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Many simply can't handle the truth!

[​IMG]

Kaitlyn repped this.
  4. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If its about me I probably come off as an aggressive poster, and quite frankly if I come off as such that is not the case, but I will always state my opinion, I will try as hard as I can to come up with facts or evidential reason and I will ask questions when challenging others as anyone should on a forum.

I like your posts because you give me someone to argue with, and I still am waiting for answers to questions. But I have no intent deter your experience. Theirs only one person on here I absolutely cannot stand but I put up with it, and frankly they add absolutely piss ass to the discussion other then trolling people, and its not @JazzyJ

Matias still sucks, we still suck, and we will continue to suck. I'm also not on this forum to play patty-cake, but I'm down to pound beers, smoke weed, watch soccer and talk shit with anyone, my treat always. But I do hope you stick around, other wise I'd have no one to argue with, I'm pretty sure Jazzy and I are on the same page finally.

bobby_guzman repped this.
  5. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I'm pretty sure you can put posters you don't like on ignore. Except for mods. But mods can't put anyone on ignore either.

markmcf8 repped this.
  6. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, don’t go, @Scott Rohde, I enjoy your astute and even-handed discussion.

TyffaneeSue repped this.
  7. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NAH, it’s that the writers and MLS media dudes all have a woody for the evil, cheating, league-favored, smog-breathing, water-stealing galactopustules. They try to tie any available coach or player to the filth. I wouldn’t take that too seriously.

Go Quakesfans!!
    F@#$ el-lay!!

- Mark

8. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Scott, I’ll try to be less of an asshole. That’s a tall order for me. :thumbsup:

I know that I am relentlessly negative about Matías and Jesse. In part, that’s the politics major in me coming out. I have a tendency to force dichotomous analyses because it helps to clarify the situation when you have a decision to make. Do I do X or Y? Often times, there’s a third, fourth, and fifth path available. But in soccer, you either win, or you suck. Has Matías improved our team or not? To me, the answer is very clearly not. We haven’t been Stahre levels of bad, but we haven’t been objectively good.

To me, it’s obvious that Almeyda needs to go. We aren’t getting any better, we’re just treading water. And we’re treading water at an unacceptably poor level of achievement.

Go Quakesfans!!
    Go Quakes!!
    F@#$ el-lay!!

- Mark

Kaitlyn repped this.
  9. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    I'm happy if Matias stays, but if he goes I'd also be happy if Ian got a shot.

Sactown Soccer repped this.
  10. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Whatever we may think about Matias and Ian, I would be surprised if we see any coaching changes at all. And if Matias were to leave, Ian would not step up. For whatever reason, the powers-that-be don't rate him.

markmcf8 repped this.
  11. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see this is turning into the we're all kissing scotts ass now. What I think this forum needs is Devine Intervention, with a lot of beer.

markmcf8 and bobby_guzman repped this.
  12. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We already know that Almeyda failed. So why not give Ian Russell a try? What's the worst that he can do?

We've already established on this thread that Fisher is happy to field a team that can just about make the playoffs. A good coach would take that team further than the 1st round. An average coach will just be right at the playoff line and then get tossed out of the first round. A bad coach will not even make it close to the playoff line.

In his first year here, Almeyda is an average coach as he got right at the playoff line. This year, I would consider him a bad coach since the playoff line was lowered big time and he JUST made it in, only to lose in the 1st round. I don't care how close we came to beating SKC, the fact is we got beat. If it wasn't for Wondo being Wondo, it would have been 3-2. And now that we're posterized for eternity and will be shown on every ********in MLS bloopers featuring the greatness of Tim Fcuckin Melia, I actually would sort of prefer to not have Wondo do his Wondo thing at the end there.

So basically, Fisher is spending enough to get us into the playoffs. Almeyda is not coaching up to that low level of expectation.

markmcf8 repped this.
  13. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You give any average coach a competitive roster, and they will look good. The good coaches separate themselves by doing more with less.

Remember Almeyda screaming that he doesn't want "stars"? Yeah...bet you forgot that. He thinks he can do more with less here. He failed.

Kaitlyn repped this.
  14. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    I just saw a report out of Mexico that said San Jose has extended the Alanis loan for next year. I would say that’s a positive sign that Almeyda plans to be here next year.

Kaitlyn repped this.
  15. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot that!!! Especially now with him demanding a bigger budget for bigger stars and a deeper bench proves he's a big bag of wind-shit. He can GTFO.

In a normal 2020 season we wouldn't have made the playoffs either, we finished 1 place lower then last year (16th) (15th - last year), so in a way we got worse. Everyone is blinded by the stupid 'run' we made at the end after being the ass end of everyone's jokes for over a month with blow out after blow out. We still can't win away from the shit box.

As you said for the rest of time, every time a shootout highlight is played, an article written and shootout in the future, they will talk about Tim Melia being the only keeper in MLS history to shut a team out in the shoot out, and show the 3 jackasses missing from our team.

We should have lost that game 3-2, even if Wondo scores the same goal. The 1st goal SJ scored was going to be saved by Melia only to hit the defender in the face and go in.

16. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh god dammit

markmcf8, bsman, mjlee22 and 1 other person repped this.
  17. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you think anybody in San Jose that's not Hispanic even know who the hell Matias Almeyda was? HAHAHAHA

This is so ridiculous. Parked bus? Have you ever watched Reno play? For 4 years straight their goal scoring has almost always been at the top of the USL, with them breaking the goal scoring record 2 seasons ago. You don't get to those numbers by "parking the bus". Give me a break!

markmcf8 repped this.
  18. jetdog9

jetdog9 Member+

Nov 14, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And now instead of Monterrey it's Colombia National Team again...

markmcf8 and Kaitlyn repped this.
  19. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alanis is slow as fcuck....goddamn I'm tired of taking Chivas' shitty leftovers...

markmcf8 and bsman repped this.
  20. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is fact, my friend thought Dominic Kinnear was still the coach LMAO

Sactown Soccer and markmcf8 repped this.
  21. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh come on, don't be jealous. :eek: We love both of you!
    And Andy Devine died decades ago.

markmcf8 and bsman repped this.
  22. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frankly, if I have a choice of another year of Almeyda or a new head coach in Ian Russell, I'm voting for Almeyda.

SoccerMan94043 repped this.
  23. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LMAOOOO ohhhh noo this isn't about me, but probably my mouth, along with many others.

mjlee22 repped this.
  24. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All mouths are welcome as long as they don't drive off other mouths.

BTW @Replikait, i'm still waiting for that Wondo photo with open-mouth, suitable for a Baby Wondo doll. If I can make one that works out (I.e. if my sewing and design skills hold up), I'll make one for you too!

25. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ohhhh I haven't been back on twitter let me get on their see whats up