The Official "JPM get out of Nascar while you can!" Thread

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by EstebanLugo, Nov 7, 2008.

1. EstebanLugo

EstebanLugo Member

Mar 18, 2007
    N of your DB
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I've had it. I cannot stand seeing Colombia's greatest driver of all time having his prestige dragged on the filth by staying at the bump cars series and finishing every race 35th and beyond. Last race he was even crashed on purpose. I've heard he's friend with the owner of Red Bull and he has offered him a return to F1. Or at least go to IndyCar, for crying out loud. But how on earth can this guy like so much being the laughingstock of Nascar??

2. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now there's a great competition to have that title. Who else is there outside of Roberto Guerrero?

It's his career, not yours. And he's being paid more in NASCAR than he would be in Indycar or F1.

He has ran very well in the past couple races, he just had misfortune take him out and a dumbass in David Gilliland.

3. EstebanLugo

EstebanLugo Member

Mar 18, 2007
    N of your DB
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    There's no more competition. But look at this guy's achievements. The guy's won at real temples of car racing like Monaco, Monza, Indianapolis and Daytona. I cannot believe he would go from that to being 35th and continue life as if it doesn't matter.

4. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
  5. EstebanLugo

EstebanLugo Member

Mar 18, 2007
    N of your DB
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Toro Rosso is Vettel's team, right? They're only gonna get better next year. Oh my, this guy's a bonehead...

6. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of Auto Racing's Rules of Thumb: Satellites are not allowed to challenge on an extended basis. Once they start challenging they receive worse equipment. Toro Rosso will not be allowed to humiliate again the parent Red Bull team next year.

Is running around in 35th in NASCAR any worse than running around in 14th in F1? Not just no, hell no. Do you seriously think anyone cares or gives a sh*t about Kaz Nakajima? If you're not on the top three or four teams, no one cares about you anyway and you're little more than a field filler.

At least in NASCAR, he's getting paid far better than he would be if he were in F1 currently. When he was talking with Ganassi prior to coming to NASCAR, when the issue of money came up, Montoya asked to be paid a certain amount, and Ganassi agreed to it on the spot. Think about it, there was no negotiating, and Ganassi is notoriously cheap. What that tells you is he's being paid as much to be mid-pack in NASCAR as he was driving around in 5th or so his last couple years in F1.

It all comes down to the Benjamins.

7. EstebanLugo

EstebanLugo Member

Mar 18, 2007
    N of your DB
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    How far are we from the days the title of this thread made any sense. Very well done, Juan. You've shut up many mouths, including mine. Now imagine a foreigner winning the sprint cup. ¡All hell would break loose! It would be lovely!

8. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Go Monty go !

[​IMG]

:p

9. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's. Still. NASCAR.

It would appear so.

10. draco12

draco12 New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    I am not a fan of him but I believe he has earned much and more than enough. He has enjoyed the prime of his career.