The Official Jeremy Ebobisse Thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by xbhaskarx, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Thanks for including my knee Don. I though Ebobisse was really thoughtful about social media, and I hope some of the younger people in the audience were listening. I also liked being able to see Wondo mentoring Cade. There was one moment where Wondo said just amazing things things about the kid, and then off mic Cade leaned in to Wondo afterward and I could see him say "thanks man." The boys must have said humility a dozen times between them, so they went out with an agenda, but lots of great human moments came through too. As Ned said credit to Ted Ramey.

mjlee22 and don gagliardi repped this.
  2. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I think he's going to work out well. Somehow, I think the Quakes have lucked into a situation where they have a 'happy' locker room. Similar to what the Sharks were known for over many years until Wilson's head got stuck so far up his own ass he began ruining the chemistry by bringing in doodoo heads like Rafi Torres and the two EKs while unloading the team leaders like the two Joes. Hopefully, our management doesn't fall down the same rathole...

3. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Yeah from what I can tell the guys the Quakes have acquired over the last few years, while not necessarily the best players for the $, are pretty good guys. Fierro seems to be kind a social team kind of guy, organizing events for the team (I think he was the one behind bingo in Orlando?), and Alanis appears to be a pretty chill philosophical dude who likes gardening, Nathan appears to be a Jekyll and Hyde type like Wondo, etc., Jebo is quality, etc. Chofis is the one question mark but so far seems to be fitting in pretty well.

I think part of it is Almeyda’s “stars are in the sky” mentality. He’s not going to tolerate primal donna types. I think he had enough of them during his career.

Sactown Soccer and bsman repped this.
  4. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still no official word on Jeremy’s injury? And of course, no further punishment for Abubakar? I think that if Jeremy were still playing for the ForestKillers more would have been done. A red card after the game at least.

FCKD fouled the crap out of Chofis the other night, and got only one yellow card when two or three would have been appropriate.

Espinoza got stomped on and there was no card.

We’ve seen a fair number of our guys get thumped and there’s next to no protection for us from the refs. I don’t like it.

So nothing further about Jeremy? There’s nothing MLS nor the Quakes site. I find that shocking. And also, really, really disappointing.

Go Quakesfans!!

- Mark

davez and TyffaneeSue repped this.
  5. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard something watching the Colorado game on Saturday that league officials thought the yellow card was correct. I haven't seen an official report on that, but I haven't looked either.

6. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes

Really? Have you never followed professional sports? Injury reports are almost always vague and perfunctory. Hell, if it was hockey, all you would ever see (until, perhaps after the season) would be "upper body injury".

I'm curious what you're looking for - x-rays, diagnostic notes and a full report???

7. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    It wasn't mentioned in the official disciplinary report, which is a de facto approval.

I don't think anyone expects (or wants) the gory details, but "will be out the rest of the season" or "should be back in six weeks, if the gods will it" would be nice.

markmcf8, bsman and JazzyJ repped this.
  8. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    NFL injury reports are much more transparent than MLS. I think it is a byproduct of much stricter media scrutiny.

That said, concussions are notoriously difficult to estimate a return date.

sacrxy and markmcf8 repped this.
  9. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was hoping for Abubakar to get a red card after the fact. I was hoping to hear whether or not Jebo has a concussion. We don't actually know. It could be that he is being evaluated. As @TyffaneeSue says, some sort of estimate on when he'll be back, or even "we don't know how long he'll be out." There has been nothing in print on either the MLS official site nor the Quakes official site. I find that shocking. Especially given that we spent a lot of ducats on him and he was supposed to be something a season savior for us. I'd at least expect the Quakes site to say something.

I'm disappointed.

Go Quakesfans!!

- Mark

bsman repped this.
  10. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    upload_2021-9-14_18-57-35.gif

markmcf8 repped this.
  11. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Yeah and it’s not just the garden variety concussion story either. Jebo missed 5 games at the end of last season due to concussion. How bad is this one? Worse? It looked terrible. Should we expect him to be out for many games? Our for the season? Is it even career threatening since he’s had bad ones in the past. These are significant questions about the Quakes big midseason acquisition. Frustrating that it’s just dead silence.

Quakes05, bsman and markmcf8 repped this.
  12. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given that Ebobisse had concussion issues less than 1 year ago, we have to assume that he is susceptible to having another one.

Presumably he came here to get more playing time and then make it to Europe. So if the Quakes are being tight-lipped about his injury, it is because they don’t want to affect his marketability. Of course, the longer they go without saying anything at all probably means he’s not in a good way.

13. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Has anyone even bothered to ask? I guess at this point it’s up to the Aftershock guys to know enough about the team and to have enough access that they could ask? I looked at a few of their twitter accounts and didn’t see much other than a mention that he wasn’t training with the team before the FCD match (duh).

14. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Coincidentally I had lunch with a mid level Quakes exec today and asked about Jebo’s condition and when we might expect to see him play again. He didn’t know.

15. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Well, then someone did ask. Too bad they didn't know.

I think psychologically, the team has to play as if he's not coming back this season. They're going to have to get it done with the horses they have. If he does come back, it''ll then feel like a nice boost.

16. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Jebo was spotted at the most recent U23 game. Thought it was cool of him to watch them play since he just moved here.

Quakes05, markmcf8 and JazzyJ repped this.
  17. SalinasQuakesFan

Mar 27, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Watching the reactions of both players immediately after the contact, personally I think Jeremy may have actually suffered a "cracked" skull or hairline fracture of some sort.

18. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He certainly took a hell of a knock, but we’ve no idea how bad or what because we’ve heard Jack-all about it. I don’t need gory details, but some acknowledgement that he was hurt and at least speculation about how long he’ll be out would be nice.

Grrrrrr.

- Mark

Quakes05 repped this.
  19. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    This acknowledges that he was hurt and will be out indefinitely.

20. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What?! Where?! I still don’t see any update on that. No statement, nothing in “news” on either the Quakes or MLS sites, and a google search on Ebobisse shows me nothing.

- Mark

21. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Ha ha. It's my acknowledgement to you. I'm not a reliable source? You only believe journalists? :)

markmcf8 repped this.
  22. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    #172 Quakes05, Sep 15, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    I agree, our big summer signing out indefinitely after scoring 1 goal and with that injury goes any hope we had for 2021. Quakes need to say something.

He seems like a great guy and exactly the kind of player we needed but he was a risky signing as @mjlee22 pointed out when he first arrived (post #15 of this thread).

Signing a player with a recent history of concussion/head injury may reflect poorly on CL, in light of what's happened here.

And, it's more of the same in SJ, mute silence when our season hangs in the balance, not giving fans as much as an update on his status, not even acknowledging his injury...it's poor from the Quakes FO.

Jeremy's career with the Quakes may be short-lived despite having just inked a three year deal.

Best of luck Jebo for a speedy recovery but let's be honest, this is not looking good.

mjlee22 and markmcf8 repped this.
  23. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Q05, where you been!? I was guessing you’ve been reveling in CR to ManU, like a 3-week all-out bender, and just now coming back for air? :)

24. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    I've been busy with some non soccer related stuff like looking at homes further north, that sort of thing, which can become pretty all-consuming. Plus, seeing Jebo go out like that has been deflating.

CR7 has been a nice pick up, scored twice in his return debut, then again in this weeks CL game vs "Young Boys" (which has to be the strangest name in all of club football)...that one ended terribly though. :thumbsdown:

looking forward to tonight's game, still debating going vs watching from home.

25. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States