The official Jackson Yueill thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by OWN(yewu)ED, Jan 13, 2017.

1. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Yes, he was under 23 on Jan 1st.

2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Player Rating

3. Scott Rohde

Scott Rohde Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 28, 2018
    Ouch.

4. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. staudio

staudio Member+

Mar 7, 2008
    Marin
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    from mls website

Armchair Analyst: US men's national team January camp big winners

Winner No. 3: Sebastian Lletget, Jackson Yueill and Reggie Cannon, USMNT regulars

6. chris thebassplayer

Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Posted on the USA v CR thread...probably better here.

My two cents on one of my favorite players...

Imo, two critical areas for his success at the international level will be if he can create enough separation and space to have the time to execute his stellar passing skills...especially when the other team recognizes him as a key distributor and aggressively tries to mark him out of the game...he'll get the same treatment as MB.

If he can show that, then he'll need to have at least adequate defensive ability at the international level...he can always get some help from the other centermid in that regard...it could be someone like Adams who would do most of the heavy lifting defensively for him.

I'm really pulling for him, because his vision and passing skills are at the very top among nats players...and he's only 22.

falvo, davez and KMJvet repped this.
  7. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I finally watched the game...although with too many interruptions. Thanks to everyone putting in their comments here on on the match thread--really appreciate that since different people focus on the different aspects.
    I thought Jackson was good, but not as good as he will be with the Quakes, whom he knows better. The whole team did not feel very cohesive. I suppose it can't be really even after what seems like a long camp since that's not the same as competitive games together. I think Jason Kreis should be given enough pieces to put a puzzle together, but can he?
    I hope that the Quakes can do some sort of deal with Jackson so he can't leave on a free after this contract and he either stays or at least they can get enough $ to realistically replace him because I think he is going to be really key for the Quakes fortunes this season...and he probably does want to take his chance at Europe.
    I can't wait since the pre-season is going to be so dull give the games aren't open to the public.

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm thinking Jackson's strong play on the national team will only help him with the Quakes. Just hope he doesn't get injured while he is on USMNT duty...

don gagliardi repped this.
  9. hc897

hc897 Member+

May 3, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    In some ways I agree. It probably helps keep his confidence high if others are recognizing his abilities outside of just Almeyda and his staff. I really don't think the instruction from Berhalter's staff is as good, as I think Berhalter is a spectacularly mediocre coach. But then again, I also do not care about international soccer and would rather see FIFA completely dissolved.

What probably can't be argued is that these appearances are good for his overall career, so in that sense, I'm pleased. He never going to earn big dollars playing in San Jose, so if it helps him get better compensation elsewhere at some point, I'm okay with that.

10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #185 falvo, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    Club ball is in my opinion always better than national team play.

Players are better individually on international duty though and playing with and against better, stronger players will only help him improve in the long run.

That has to be a positive for him and the Quakes...

MtnGardener repped this.
  11. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1229958630516183042 is not a valid tweet id

don gagliardi repped this.
  12. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Didn't Jesse say in a recent interview that the Club was confident of keeping him?

13. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes that’s what I read. Would be a huge letdown to lose him on a free.

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Don't know what the market is for Jackson Yueill but I could see him going to Europe either midseason or at seasons end. I'd love to see him finish his career with the Quakes but he seems too good to remain here.

Not sure who keeps the transfer fees but if the Quakes get it, I'd sell him for a pretty penny.

15. staudio

staudio Member+

Mar 7, 2008
    Marin
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would love to have him stay and have a stunning career with the Quakes, but I remember reading an article where Matias mentioned he could see Jackson playing in Europe....it also would be nice to see a Quake move on and make an impact in EPL, Germany or Spain.....

tenfourteen repped this.
  16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Things always change in MLS. I don’t know if the league or the club gets to keep the transfer money or not.

I recall the league wouldn’t sell DeMarcus Beasley even though they were offered $10 million. That was over ten years ago though and the current rules could be different. Either way, a team like the Quakes could easily use that kind of money.

Heck for $10 mil, they can pay off Innocent, Wondo & Vako’s salaries...

17. hc897

hc897 Member+

May 3, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    If I recall correctly, teams get a larger share of a transfer fee than they used to, an effort to give incentive to develop and sell players. I think before, players in MLS good enough to be sold to top European teams were few and far between, and the return on those sales didn't make much difference toward the overall bottom line. So MLS determined it was better for them to keep some of those players.

But now that MLS is shifting toward being the factory/stepping stone for up and comers, they have to give teams a reason to bother developing players outside of just getting a competitive edge. When you think of MLS transfers now, think of Almiron as the example of what every MLS investor is trying to do.

18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Interestingly, the Quakes didn't invest a dime on Jackson Yueill's development as he came from the college ranks. Because of the Generation Adidas contract, they haven't really spent much on his playing salary either. For whatever his price tag is or will be, if they sell him, they will make a profit.

19. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    It's more profitable to keep him.

Seismothusiast repped this.
  20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That depends on many factors and how you look at it. If the club gets to keep what could potentially be $10 or even $5 million from selling him, they can in turn use that money to invest in 2 maybe even 3 higher quality players. That is, if there is a market that high for him.

21. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    He's going to start for the US in the next World Cup. How about we just hold onto him?

davez repped this.
  22. Scott Rohde

Scott Rohde Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 28, 2018
    Less so now with the new free agency rules. He’s got new leverage to ask for big money.

23. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Providing the USMNT qualifies, which (as recent history demonstrates) is hardly a lock...

24. tvromero

tvromero Member

Jun 2, 2018
    I am fairly sure he is going to need at least DP money as a standard contract and them if some other suitor overseas is offering Millions I assume he is gone as that is just too attractive for our cheapskate organization.

25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In theory, playing with and against better players internationally will make Jackson a better player. If that is the case and he plays well and gets better, his price tag will go up even more!

Sadly, since the re-inception in 2008, I'm not sure if the USMNT has helped Quakes players grow all that much.