The official Jackson Yueill thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by OWN(yewu)ED, Jan 13, 2017.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #301 falvo, Mar 20, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    The professional clubs (per FIFA rules) have every right to deny the release of their players for the Olympics as its not a full fledged FIFA tournament.

Just like Man United's Sir Alex Ferguson didn't release Javier "Chicharito" Hernández for the U23's to play for Mexico at the London Olympics in 2012.

If Chelsea or Juventus deny both Pullisic and Mckennie respectively , from playing for the U23's, there is nothing that the federation or the Olympic committee can really do about it no matter how much either the coaches or the players want it.

On another note, I didn't realize Jackson was the captain of the U23's.

That is a huge honor!

2. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    #302 JazzyJ, Mar 20, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    Yeah I wrote supporter or family member of a player who’s competing for minutes. It’s not uncommon for folks to lobby hard for the guys on their club team and stuff like that, and that includes dissing guys he’s competing for minutes with. Or could just be someone who dislikes Yueill for whatever reason or is trying to jump on the Yueill hate train a bit harder to get attention. I mean really, his best moment was when he essentially got out of the way? :ROFLMAO:

3. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do I get any points for noticing this myself? I observed that JY was being man-marked, taking him out of the play. Then I noticed that by not evading his marker, he effectively took his marker out of the play, and often opened space for his defenders to move and pass the ball. Unfortunately, they didn't always pass very well.

We played a lot of long balls too, which I interpreted as Cries' decision and strategy. Eventually, we changed out of that.

Whatever, it worked, and we won, and the Ticos did have an advantage as they are in season, and we are not, they are accustomed to playing in the heat and at altitude, and we are not, and many of their players came from the same team (LDA) who just won their "division" (if that's the right word) in CCL. So caution and conservatism were not necessarily bad ideas.

All of our guys looked to be up and down, some good moments, and some bad moments.

Go Quakesfans!!

- Mark

Sactown Soccer and DasMoots repped this.
  4. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beckham7 repped this.
  5. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I'm staying off the BS USMYT threads today - life's too short...

Beerking and JazzyJ repped this.
  6. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Especially after that missed opportunity just now. :D

7. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    JACKSON!!!!!’n

markmcf8 and TyffaneeSue repped this.
  8. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

9. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure that was the intent lol but they all count the same and all that matters is winning...

markmcf8 repped this.
  10. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Going to be a little harder for that “Jackson hate” guy to make his video this week.

Beerking and TyffaneeSue repped this.
  11. davez

davez Member+

Aug 10, 2000
    Mountain View, CA
    I'm sure he will find a way

JazzyJ repped this.
  12. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    BTW Jack's goal today reminded me a little of his goal against LAFC in the road win that kinda turned our season around. Just a little run into the 6-yard box and a flick.

13. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    BTW - I've noted with displeasure that the SF Chronicle seems to find the US Youth team's push to qualify for the Olympics for the first time in 13 years not newsworthy - not even a wire service mention. As far as I can tell, soccer coverage in the Chronicle focuses exclusively on the USWMNT. I'm teetering on the brink of cancelling my subscription and sent the sportsdesk an email voicing my annoyance with the lack of coverage of soccer in general. I guess we'll see if I get a response.

14. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck!

I thought that Jackson played well against DR. They had him in a more aggressive role and he filled it well. JT did well also, though he wasn’t much called on.

Go USA!!
    Go Quakesfans!!

- Mark

15. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's really hard for me to tell how well JY is playing since I can't really figure out Kreis yet. It really feels like all three midfielders are playing the same exact defensive role and it fells like they are covering for each other too much. It was better in the second half, but there is no fluidity in the connection between D and O (which is weird cause that's what JY does best).

The goal was a great touch though. I read some idiot on the US board said it was luck and not intentional. I'm guessing that person has never played soccer or watched JY (or any other competent player).

bsman and markmcf8 repped this.
  16. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the stupid TV announcers on the umpteenth replay said that it might have been luck, rather than an effort to score. There are a shocking number of haters out there.

Go Quakesfans!!

- Mark

Beerking, SoccerMan94043 and bsman repped this.
  17. vamanoshasta

vamanoshasta Member

Aug 12, 2006
    When I cancelled my San Jose Mercury subscription after 20+ years, I let them know it was directly due to the fact that, not only was there precious little soccer coverage, but, when there was some, it was generally negative (Mark Purdy!). They also stopped the Thursday morning fishing report. That was the nail in the coffin!

18. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    That was part of the reason (not the fishing) that we stopped our sub to the Merc. In my case, the larger reason (in addition to their antipathy for the Quakes) was that it ceased being the "San Jose" Mercury News, lost most of the unique, local content, and became basically a collection of wire reports and auto ads.

markmcf8 repped this.
  19. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *Doing my best JazzyJ impersonation*

The problem was you were fishing for soccer.

[​IMG]

20. chris thebassplayer

Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Jackson was the left side 8 in Kreis' 4-3-3...Perea had the 6 role that Jackson played against CR. Johnny was the other 8...it looked dynamic and sometimes gummed up at times with Jackson and Johnny tucking way inside. I wasn't overly impressed with Johnny...pretty loose with the ball and mediocre touch for a guy who grew up playing in Brazil....what the hell?! Maybe his touch is an American birth right...

I liked seeing Jackson in a role that allowed him more movement and ability to get up field. I love seeing him have the chance to gain experience in his "up field" game. It was very interesting to see him with more 8 responsibilities, granted the lower level of DR allowed Kreis to experiment.

markmcf8 and Sactown Soccer repped this.
  21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Beerking repped this.
  22. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with this.

Also, I wasn’t impressed with Perea in the middle. He made a number of mistakes.

Also, I like the 4-3-3. It gives us more firepower up front where it’s needed for goals.

Playing on the left and farther up field gave Jackson more opportunities to feed the forwards, who should have done better with his service.

All of the teams in the U23 tournament tended to wait too long to shoot. I think that most of our forwards need to learn to pull the trigger sooner. Except Jesús, that guy rocks. I’m a little surprised that they don’t call him Chuy, but whatever.

Go Jackson!!
    Go Quakesfans!!

- Mark

23. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Due to today's USA-Honduras U-23 result (don't view the spoiler until after you've watched the game):

Show Spoiler
    Jackson will be missing much less time with the Earthquakes this summer than previously anticipated.

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! [​IMG]
    GO USA!!! [​IMG]

-G

falvo and Quakes05 repped this.
  24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Forget about the youth teams, with that goal yesterday, Jackson opened up a lot of eyes.

Not only for the national team but to the to world. I don't think he will be on the Quakes for that much longer.

Maybe par of this season but if he continues on this trek , look for a transfer either this summer or this winter.....

25. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am hoping to see Jackson score goals like that for the Quakes for years to come. :)

Beerking and davez repped this.