News: The Official "I Voted" Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Q*bert Jones III, Oct 21, 2020.

1. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Before anyone notices that I ended the above post incorrectly I apologize and have paid the price! :cry:

[​IMG]
    HAIL GRIMES!!!

spejic and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  2. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I lived in CA, I used to read the 100+ page pro/con/support/against booklet the state sent out every presidential or midterm election. I actually looked forward to it. Yeah, I lived my life on the edge.

spejic and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  3. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Herein of the above has brought about a recollection of the period of time in which there was a disagreement between management and labor such that it was determined that the current efforts related to said marketing and design was deemed unsatisfactory and fell below the acceptable and agree upon standards wherein the contract was cancelled pursuant to the clause identifying the need for replacements to complete the expected job, yet those replacements, which were form Norway, were not able to achieve the aforementioned acceptable standard regarding the performance for the aforementioned marketing and design weighing heavily on their Møøse preference so said company was forced to terminate the agreement, pursuant to the clause in which Møøse were not relevant to the current project requiring a last minute adjustment to the terms and the hiring of Ecuadorian, Mexican, and Venezuelan Llamas. It was very colorful.

Chicago76, roby, song219 and 2 others repped this.
  4. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    bless your heart.

5. roby

roby Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Yeah....I saw a lot of Møøse when I was in/over Norway. They don't look very big from 20,000' up. :coffee:

6. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    I walked 3 blocks to put my ballot in a drop box near my house in D.C.

These two college students had a longer journey to vote —

7. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Fortunately they aren't from Houston.

Mike03 and crazypete13 repped this.
  8. roby

roby Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    1st time ever voting where instead of looking for names I would choose I just darkened every circle with a "[D]"! Voting is real easy this year.

Ps...I'm really nervous!! :cautious:

NORML, song219, xtomx and 4 others repped this.
  9. SetPeace

SetPeace Member+

Jun 22, 2004
    SC Illinois
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The County Clerk where I live says through Saturday, about 40% of registered voters have cast ballots early in person or by mail. Just under 400 ballots that were mailed out (out of about 2900 total requests) had yet to be returned. Today was the last day people could drop their ballots off at her office, which is closed on Tuesday (Election Day is a holiday for county employees here). They could also use the drop box at the courthouse, where ballots will be accepted until 7 p.m. Tuesday. Anyone who wants to vote at their usual precinct and received a mail-in ballot, must take their ballot to the polling station, or they won't be allowed to vote. Election rolls will show who received a mail-in ballot prior to Tuesday, so as to prevent people from voting twice.

xtomx repped this.
  10. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That's how it is here. My wife found that out for the primary, when she forgot to mail hers in. So she went home, found the vote by mail ballot, brought it in to have it invalidated, and voted the old fashioned way.

This time... the ballot was dropped off at the county office less than 24 hours after it showed up at our house...

SetPeace repped this.
  11. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    So my wife had to take the car in to be winterized (and probably to get somethings fixed because it's been making weird noises upon starting. The dealership uses Uber instead of a courtesy car, so the driver asked if she voted. She basically told him what I told you guys in post 85. Then she asked the driver. Quoth my wife, "He went in the morning when the polls opened and he was still no. 79."

Four years ago I went in when the polls opened and was, like 8.

12. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    67,123,636 voted for fascism and hatred and bigotry and misogyny (as of 11:16 est on November 4, 2020).

13. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're a ********ing laughing stock

14. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    "Paid the price"? We all just assumed that is what you use to help you go to sleep at night. :rolleyes:

15. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering that H Clinton was respected the world over and lost to a guy who lies and lies and lies, this time around, I think it was more fear that there would be a repeat. A Biden victory will give most of the world a great relief.

xtomx repped this.