The Official Hajduk Split Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Croatia' started by el-capitano, Nov 13, 2007.

1. PARAdoxx

PARAdoxx New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    I went all ROTFLMAO when the Croatian commentator said how Linfield were only happy to have been paired up with Dinamo because if they had to travel to European far east, for example, that would damage their finances for the whole season :D

2. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
    LOL:D

3. catenaccio_L'pool

Oct 21, 2005
    Top Of The Table
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Hajduk - Varteks 1-1
    Again, thanks to the guy who's posting it so quickly on youtube...we give up a goal in the 1st minute...

4. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Would be nice if we could hear the commentators and not the music.

5. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
    I love Varteks, they are always broke ass and they are always surprising people :) The Hajduk goal was classy tho

6. PARAdoxx

PARAdoxx New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    I watched the game. Varteks came fiercely into the game. For the first 20 mins, they could have had 3-0 over Hajduk. In those 20 mins Hajduk also had a chance. Then as the half time was nearing, Varteks switched to a more defensive mentality, so as to go to break with a goal up. In the second half, Hajduk seemed stronger for the first 20 mins. Varteks players looked to have lost their energy in the first half when they were dominating. Hajduk took over the domination, but couldn't quite turn it into a goal. Varteks had a good defensive, counter-attacking system. Hajduk, however, got a few chances, but their offensive players had zero composure and the ball was always blasted nowhere near the goal frame. Varteks afterwards regained some strength and they could have increase the lead to 2-0, which I think would secure them a win. Hajduk then got a lucky break: a cross was badly deflected by a Varteks defender and Kalinić was left all an his own 5 meters in front of the goalie. 1-1. As the full time was coming closer, it was becoming more evident that a draw was the fairest result in this match.

7. catenaccio_L'pool

Oct 21, 2005
    Top Of The Table
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    ZAGREB 3 - 0 HAJDUK
    Tuga...we need a new keeper...
    [youtube]vi4fU1XFwHA[/youtube]

8. PARAdoxx

PARAdoxx New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    You opened the season all wrong in the HNL, but I wish you all the luck in the Uefa Cup. The more Cro clubs in Europe, the merrier.

9. catenaccio_L'pool

Oct 21, 2005
    Top Of The Table
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Deportivo 0 - 0 Hajduk ... and here I thought they would self destruct after Zagreb...great score.

10. PARAdoxx

PARAdoxx New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Props to Hajduk, they did their best, got hold of a good result. Deportivo will be fighting for survival in the Primera this season though.

11. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
    Yea its a good away result but they still have to perform in Split, at least its gona make for a good game.

12. catenaccio_L'pool

Oct 21, 2005
    Top Of The Table
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    My fear is that once Hajduk open up on the home field, Deportivo will find a way to score and I don't believe we can score more than 1 goal vs Spaniards...

13. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
    I agree the back leg is tough, especially if its a tie game the away team wins on goal differential. I hope they do go through, It would be sweet to have 3 Cro teams in the groups stages.

Slaven has a decent chance of going through to the first round as well they lost the first game 1-0 away, so they are up there in the mix as well. I'm really disappointed in Rijeka tho.

14. catenaccio_L'pool

Oct 21, 2005
    Top Of The Table
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Hajduk 3 - 1 Slaven Belupo ... big win in front of only 3,000 fans but the Deportivo game is sold out:D.
    [youtube]4wDM1jM0vo8&eurl[/youtube]

15. catenaccio_L'pool

Oct 21, 2005
    Top Of The Table
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Hajduk 0 - 2 Deportivo ... we gave it a shot but it was not meant to be...
    [youtube]o9PGqn8SCy8[/youtube]

16. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
    It was a shame but Hajduk went down swinging, they played well at the beggining of the game the Depor goal and the red card afterwards totally turned the game around.

17. catenaccio_L'pool

Oct 21, 2005
    Top Of The Table
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    DINAMO 0 - 2 HAJDUK
    We're back baby...gazi, gazi, gazi Purgera :D
    [youtube]6UUxau1XcPE[/youtube]
    [youtube]HEAv61wNA3c[/youtube]

18. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia

Bravo! This is our year.

[​IMG]

19. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Just saw the result and goals- great result! :D

20. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
    those are some pretty nice goals there. I'm happy Hajduk won, maybe they can make this year a little more interesting :)

21. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
    Hajduk has made a bunch of good additions this winter break.

They just signed Anthony Seric, 30 year old left wing back, he hasnt played much at all in Besiktas this year, but he does have a lot of experience playing in Italy and Greece once upon a time. I hope they havent overpaid him but he could be an asset for their European push.

Hrvoje Vejic, 31 year old central defender. He's a former Hajduk player who's been improving his game in Russia over the past couple of years and has even been included in the national squad. I think he may even turn out to be a starter for the NT because I think Kovac is over the hill. I think he's a great signing for Hajduk and will strengthten the center of the defense.

Marjan Tomasov 21 year old midfielder. He's one of the top young prospects in Croatia and a great signing for the club. I just hope he lives up this potential.

Mario Brklaca 23 year old central midfielder. He's pretty young and pretty good and productive player. He adds depth to the center of the midfield and will rival Skoko and Andric for playing time in that position.

Dinamo's signings so far have been Robert Kovac (aging defender, more of a brand name signing than a quality one), Miroslav Slepicka (27 year old Czech striker, has only scored 10+ in 1 of his 6 seasons in the first Czech league) and Adrian Calello (21 year old argentine midfielder, good prospect from what I hear), Tomislav Barbaric (19 year old defender, good prospect)

I would have to give Hajduk the upper hand in this transfer window. I like Vejic and Tomasov and I think they should make an immediate impact. Im rooting for Hajduk to win this championship (just to mix it up a little:D)

22. Giallorossi10

Giallorossi10 New Member

Nov 8, 2007
    Chicago
    I went to a hajduk game this past summer with a mate on vacation it was great-stood with Torcida..how many of you go to matches regularly?

23. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I caught the match during the second half stoppage. That pyro made the stadium look like a bong! sick Tifo!! and the good news is, Hajduk are winning!