The Official Guillermo Ochoa Thread.

Discussion in 'Club America' started by nanni, Jan 9, 2008.

1. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    yeah, 31 old? ha. i can bet you that buffon will play for another five or six years. maybe longer considering this is italy we are talking about, who tend to respect players as they age rather than throw them away,

if dida can play at 35 after four years of total shit then buffon will play longer

ben foster is the youth england goalkeeper and many people consider him to be the next best goalie in england. from what i have heard. he seems to be the ochoa in england without playing time. i seriously doubt ferguson would want to spend 7 million on a goalkeeper he probably has not seen play when he has a guy that is lining up to be the england national team keeper.

anyone remember the tim howard fiasco? he learned his lesson from getting an uncertainty

baynern are in dire need of a goalkeeper.... milan, roma, after the previous season chelsea need a goalkeeper. i read a while back that ajax is selling their starting keeper, the psv keeper is shit. those are the only big teams that need an upgrade, after valdez and almunia both stepped it up this season

2. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I as a fan of Ochoa wished he realizes his dreams..

I as a fan of Club America wished Ochoa stayed in America his whole career..

;)

3. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yes old. :) I wished he was 25 again :(

4. Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn New Member

May 11, 2009
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  5. Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn New Member

May 11, 2009
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  6. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  7. nanni

nanni Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    what do you mean?

Corona to America?

nd Memo out?

8. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'd believe him since Memo has so many offers out there.

9. nanni

nanni Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    it would be a smart move.. BUT what offfers? arent they mostly rumors?

10. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That's exactly my point. He's a complete dumbass. Why would you make a move for Corona when Ochoa's departure isn't a complete certainty.

He was the same dumbass who was saying America would NEVER sell Memo for less than 10-15 million for him, or more.

11. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    According to rumours in the Netherlands, Leo Beenhakker wants to buy him for Feyenoord. Apperrently he's allowed to leave for a very low fee because of a promise that has been made in the past between America and Ochoa.

Other clubs who where mentioned are Bordeaux and Espanyol.

12. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    isn't feyenoord a club going downhill?

13. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    theyre one of the so called big clubs but theyve recently done absolutely shit..last player i remember from Feyenoord is Drenthe

14. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Feyenoord is a mid table Dutch team

they got a pretty bad ass jersey

since when is Beenhakker their coach?? :confused: wasn't he just coaching the Polish NT?

15. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    i do love their uniform, and enjoyed watching them play when they won the eufa cup with hooijdonk (sp?) a while back

but they have done nothing lately, i have read somewhere that they have financial issues and i remember them being banned from the eufa cup for something. racism or rioting or both. sorry for being sketchy on the details but they aren't a club i usually follow, just remember coming across these things.

16. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    He isn't, he "went" to Feyenoord to "save" them as Technical Adviser as side-job. They are in huge financial problems. Not everything is worse about Feyenoord, they will build a new stadion of 80.000 seats and have the best youth-setup of the Netherlands. But overal, they won't be able to compete for the league in the next 2 seasons. They have a dept of 24.000.000€....

17. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mediotiempo has Ochoa to Espanyol as a possibility.. but there is no mention of him in any of Espanyol's news outlets...

Kameni is expected to stay another year

Even if he doesn't, they want Morgan De Sanctis

18. Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn New Member

May 11, 2009
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  19. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    The Espanyol this is only if Kameni doesn't sign for another year or so. I don't want Ochoa to go thorugh what that one young argie golie went through at Getafe. I forget his name, I think he was the golie for independiente and he went to Getafe and only played a handful of games....now I don't know where he is at. I think it was a rumor going arond that America wanted to land him in the even Ochoa were to leave. I don't know about you guys, but I think Navarette deserves a chance as our #1 if Ochoa leaves.

20. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    All Mexicans, except for Rafa and Vela played either regularly, incosistently or outright horribly this year.

22. nanni

nanni Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Well Guardado played really well too and so did Blanco..

23. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    I really don't see Ochoa going to Europe this summer...as a result I think we are going to lose Navarette, which I REALLY don't want.

24. azulcremaporvida

Jan 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    both America and Memo are asking for too much, especially based on current performances.

25. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Guardado didn't play as well as he did the year before. He was injured for three months basically and he took long to get back into form when he did come back.

Blanco I completely overlooked because he plays for THE FIRE. But you're right, he has played well.

That's 3.5 of our players that really did well this year, outside of Mexico.