The Official Golden State Warriors thread (2012-2013 Season)

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Goodsport, Jun 19, 2012.

1. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :(

Over Festus Ezeli? :eek:

-G

3. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My bad, Festus will probably get the start. Festus vs Howard, should be awesome!

Although Landry will end up with more minutes, I'd guess.

4. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Festus will be the Warriors' starting center for a while, does that bump Andris Biedrins up to their #2 center? :confused:

There's been discussion lately on whether Landry or David Lee should finish out games. :eek:

-G

5. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you see what happened when Brandon Rush got hurt? Since he couldn't continue, Memphis coach Lionel Hollins got to pick anyone off the Warriors' bench to shoot free throws. He picked Biedrins, who of course bricked both of them. On the next play, the Warriors intentionally fouled so they could sub Biedrins back out. Safe to say anything they can do to keep him off the court, they will do. Jeremy Tyler and Carl Landry will have to play some 5 probably.

For the end of games I like seeing Jack at PG with Curry, Klay, Lee, Landry on offense, switch in Bogut for Lee on defense maybe.

Mike Brown getting fired has cooled my optimism for the Warriors getting a win on the Lakers home court for the first time in forever. Seems like the replacement coach always gets a hard game out of his new team.

6. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3-3. :(

Andrew Bogut-less (for at least the next seven to ten days) Golden State lost at the Los Angeles Lakers. :(

Next up: Oracle Arena hosts the Denver Nuggets on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area HD on Saturday.

-G

7. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty frustrating game to be at, TBH. Without Bogut the Warriors looked so, so small. Still, we had a lead in the 2nd at some point, then blew a ton of shots right at the rim. So then we start shooting 3's and missing them (7 for 25!) and then, worst of all, our bench that we were so happy about lately gets outplayed by the Laker's bench (Jamison, Hill, Meeks) who got a chance to play crucial minutes in the 3rd instead of being buried by Mike Brown.

Way too much Biedrins and Draymond Green. Biedrins we know is a disaster but Green... I appreciate his hustle and he supposedly works hard in practice but it's hard seeing him ever being more than a limited role player off the bench. He's just not athletic enough for the NBA.

In garbage time, Jeremy Tyler and Kent Bazemore (and his high top fade) made their season debuts. Need to see more of them and less of Biedrins/Green imo.

8. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So any hope for the Warriors this season has been premature? :(

BTW, is it true that they dim the lights over the crowd (but not over the court) for Lakers home games but not for Clippers home games?

Interestingly, GM Bob Myers said something similar about Draymond Green in a recent interview. :eek:

Is there any realistic chance that Jeremy Tyler and Kent Bazemore will now move up the depth chart?

-G

9. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we still have a shot at the p-word if Bogut gets healthier and stays healthy. Curry also. Klay's getting better and more aggressive, Festus looks like he was a steal, Barnes is still acting rookie-ish and he had that deer in the headlights look last night facing the Uber-Lakers team in LA.

Tyler should definitely be over Biedrins already, Bazemore a bit too early to tell if he should move up.

And yes, they absolutely turn the lights down for Lakers games but not Clippers games. I think it's to hide all the empty lower bowl seats at tip-off. Or maybe because Jack likes romantic lighting.

10. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And to think that Barnes was having a pretty good season up to this point. :eek:

Biedrins did pretty well as the starting center during the "We Believe" 2006-2007 season and even during the following season when the Warriors had even more wins (48) but somehow missed the playoffs.

Is he now depressed? Did Don Nelson completely beat the confidence out of him in the subsequent seasons? :(

:D

I heard that the Lakers wouldn't to emulate a theater where the only significant light came from the stage/screen (or in this case, from right above the court).

-G

11. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    klah thompson misses 2 free throws, now nuggets have a chance to tie the game and send it to double ot.
    come on denver

12. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Gallinari drives to the basket and slams it.

2 seconds left, GS BALL and game tied

13. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    2nd overtime

14. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ty lawson is playing like ass, and gifting win to GS here

15. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    4 point game with 1:22 left, landry misses 2 free throws. iguodala drops a 3....then gallinari drops 3.
    and now denver up by 2 points with 35 seconds left

big chokejob by GS today

16. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Faried 18 points 17 rebounds 3 block shots 2 steals ( 8/13 shooting)
    Iguodala with 2 more assists would have done triple double

17. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3-4. :(

The W's lost in double-overtime to the visiting Denver Nuggets. :(

Next up: the Atlanta Hawks swoop into town on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area HD on Wednesday.

-G

18. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's really a shame. Losing Rush is bad enough, because he's a very good fit. But that's the kind of injury loss that lots of teams are having, and they just need to suck it up and make up for it. Losing Bogut on the other hand is huge. I don't think they can make up for that. I think a healthy Bogut is the difference between playoffs and no playoffs.

20. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we go .5oo while Bogut is out it will be a minor miracle.

Off topic, but ASF: are you still blogging about Copa Libertadores? I'd like to follow more closely now that local team Xolos have qualified but I didn't see anything in the first few pages on BS. TIA.

21. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :(

-G

22. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4-4. :)

The Golden State Warriors clipped the visiting Atlanta Hawks tonight. :D

Next up: a three-game road trip begins at the Minnesota Timberwolves on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area HD on Friday.

-G

23. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I didn't do it this past year because I was too busy. (And it was my luck that Boca made it to the finals and I didn't get to write about it).

Not sure if I'll have time to do the next one. If I do it, I want to have the time to be able to watch most of the matches -all of them would be a worthy goal- so I can come up with my own impressions and not rely on second hand sources.

24. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Harrison Barnes with his first career double double. :cool:

25. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Barnes was awesome, I hope he can keep it up as he gains confidence. Now we just need Klay to get off his sophomore funk.