The Official Golden State Warriors thread (2010-2011 Season)

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Goodsport, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Dude, why are you posting now? There is a Barca Real Madrid game on right now! Nevermind this thread for another 2 hours :D

2. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I get nervous I multi-task. :D

3. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-brian-shaw-20110513,0,7600983.story

According to LA Times, the Lakers is allowing Brian Shaw, Lakers assistant coach to Phil, who was also a candidate for the open coaching slot open in LA, to interview and talk to our northern brother in the Bay Area. I actually did not know he was given the job to coach the Cavs.

4. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Done. We'll take him. A younger guy who's won championships as a player and is eager to coach but smart enough to not step into the Titanic-esque job that the Lakers position would be.

Or... a guy who landed a kick back job after retirement as Phil Jackson's assistant, who didn't do much because Kobe ran that team anyway, and when the chips were down he didn't or couldn't make a lick of difference.

Hmmmm...

Still take him. :D I like fresh new coaches, and he's from Oaktown.

5. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL wut? :D

Actually, from what I heard, one of the reasons why Phil kept Shaw and Kobe backed him to be the next coach is because he was the man who would be real and challenge Kobe and the team and did not take crap from the players. He was really well respected in the locker room. On a side note, I heard that Rambis was the total opposite.

Not only is he from Oaktown, but it really would be the next good step in his career to coach GSW. Yall fans and org is very patient and supportive, whereas we Lakers fans are spoiled (I admit that) and very impatient, and the media and fans would chew the org up for bringing in such an inexperienced coach.

Os... D Day... May 28!

6. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barça/ManU 2: Electric Boogaloo!!!

Good info about Shaw. I see he was also initially a scout for the Lakers for the Oakland area, so I'm sure he's got lots of community ties still.

7. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member