The Official Golden State Warriors thread (2004-2005 Season)

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Goodsport, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have Chris Mullin's off-season moves made much of a difference? And will this team finally make the playoffs for the first time since the 1993-1994 season?

Discuss.

-G

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yikes! :eek:

An 0-6 start so far, with several of the games not even close. :(

-G

3. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yaaay!!! The Warriors finally won one. They're now 1-6. :D

Granted, the win was against the expansion Charlotte Bobcats, but still...

-G

4. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-7. :(

-G

5. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    I am sorry buddy, but GS is one of the top 5 worst teams in NBA

6. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :(

7. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. therealronaldo7

therealronaldo7 New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    I love'em, but the Bulls stink bad. Absolutely no inside presence with Curry or Chandler and the fact that the Bulls have little to no outside shooters, does not bode well for this season. Curry and Chandler should be held accountable for this. I see a guy like Troy Murphy, picked in the same year, way better than both of them. Then I see Amara go for 38 last night and he is a year younger. I am tired of hearing to be patient. Why can other players and teams do it, but not us.

9. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goodsie, I'm going to try to say this with as much respect as possible...

The W's are not even the best team in Northern California.

I'm not saying that this other team - a team that plays 90 miles away in an old barn in the middle of a field - is so great. They've had a rather disappointing start, beginning 0-4 on the road. This team I'm talking about (which plays in purple, black and white, by the way) is wracked by warring egos, inconsistent play, and a VERY suspect defense. It's a regular soap opera, with one player crying about wanting to be traded, another player demanding that he "be the man" and the owners fuming that the local government doesn't want to shell out for a new arena.

Hey, don't get me wrong. Tim Montgomery has the opportunity to do some good things in Oakland. You've got some genuinely talented players in the likes of J-Rich, Dunleavy, Najera etc. Van Exel going up north and then bringing in Derek Fisher, however... :confused:

Anyway, the bottom line is that despite all the problems, the team I alluded to earlier is still a better team than the Warriors. You probably would understand my point when said team travels down I-80 to the Arena in Oakland and more than a third of the crowd is wearing purple.

10. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    Chris Mullin, Isiah Thomas and Dany AInge should all get together and figure out who makes the worst deals out of the three fo them.

Golden State should have kept Arenas and Boykins for one, hell, they started going downhill when Mitch Richmond left. Unfortunately not all teams can be as good as the defending NBA champion Detroit Pistons. Tough luck.

11. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

OOPS. I meant MIKE Montgomery. Pretty embarrassing faux pas for someone whose brother was at Stanford during Montgomery's last years on The Farm. :eek:

Still, I stand by my earlier statement...

12. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know... the San Jose Earthquakes are. ;)

I realize that the Sacramento Kings have been a better team than the Warriors for a while now, but as I'm a born & raised Bay Area boy, the Warriors are and always have been my NBA team.

Though they've exhibited a few flashes of brilliance in an otherwise dismal past decade, I remember a time (flip-flopped from the present) when the Warriors were a constantly-entertaining team to watch and the Kings were doormats. Heck, I remember when, after the 1993-1994 NBA season ended, the Warriros traded forward Billy Owens for center Rony Seikaly (not a spectacular player, but solid enough) to complement the rest of the talented starting cast (Chris Mullen and Tim Hardaway as guards, Chris Webber and Latrell Sprewell as forwards and Sarunas Marciulionis off the bench)... only to have Chris Webber blow up at coach Don Nelson for trading his friend Owens away, thus forcing a trade of himself as well as Nelson's ouster soon afterward and flushing almost several years of progress down the tubes. :(

It's been a long time since then (damn, I'm old! :( ), and the Warriors still apparently haven't completely recovered from that. :(

-G

13. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sense a less-than-subtle dig at C-Webb for ruining the good vibes of the "Run TMC" era at Golden State.

To be honest, I definitely don't blame you for feeling that. And believe me, there are a lot of times Kings fans feel - a decade later - that Webb disrupts the chemistry on his current team as well with his antics.

14. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, even though Mitch Richmond was traded two seasons earlier to (ironically enough) the Sacramento Kings. :eek:

Fortunately for you, the Kings have been able to weather the Webber storm better than the Warriors did. :(

-G

16. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My dad's one of those Kings fans who would be happy to see the Kings trade Webber, but I know if only because of his massive contract that that won't happen anytime soon.

Goodsie, though we still have this Bay Area-Sactown rivalry, I know that Kings and Warriors fans can agree on at least one thing.

Garry St. Jean's basketball smarts are VASTLY overrated. How he survived this long with our respective teams is a complete mystery to me. :confused:

17. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't worry Dave, I have no animosity toward either Sactown or the Kings... just toward Chris Webber. :)

And I do agree with you about Gary St. Jean. What exactly has he done for the Warriors the whole time he's been here? Although for a while it did seem from a distance that he did good things in Sacramento, but it's becoming a bit more obvious now that the Kings' rise the last several seasons or so was more due to other factors.

In any case, I can't wait for the next Warriors game on Friday, though hopefully they won't be wearing their new "Golden Gate orange" third-uniforms much more this season.

-G

18. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard the last bit of the game as I was driving home tonight from a HS hoops game. I thought the Warriors were gonna blow open the game at any moment, but the Pacers sorta hung around like mosquitoes until late.

The W's win over shorthanded Indiana just further confirms what I said of the Pacers in the main NBA thread.

24. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I realize that... but as a despondent Warriors fan, I'll take any and every win the team can get. :D

-G

25. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States