The official "Fox News Channel Needs to be Destroyed" thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by YankBastard, Jun 30, 2005.

1. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sick of these fvckwits making all Americans look like we're dumb-ass, right-wing, fundementalist-christians to the rest of the world!!
    Fvcking propagandists!!

Right wingers can neg-rep me all they want

2. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Well, given that

a) the proportion of people around the globe who both can and want to watch Fox News is miniscule and

b) the experience of actually doing so is pure, pure comedy gold,

I have to disagree with you. Long may it continue.

Let's face it, if Fox News didn't exist, the world of satire would be compelled to invent it. It's wonderfully entertaining that people like Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly and "the Beltway Boys" exist, that they are serious and that they are, by an apparently large and happy bunch of people, actually taken seriously.

I mean, sure - it must be embarrassing for the majority of Americans who are not afflicted thusly, but that's a small price to pay for such a bright and beautiful star in the comedy firmament.

3. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. Fox News is the tool to get the views OF these tools out in the open, so that they may be openly discredited over the long term...

...sans any nuclear petulence from such aligned fear-mongers in power, which would be the great silencer anyway.

4. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

fixed your post

5. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure Yank... eliminate Fox News; much better to have CBS News creating documents and thus the news anyway...can't pull the wool over your eyes eh? ;) Screw fair & balanced eh?

You ever watch Fox or are you reading from a Doctor Dean script?

6. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Uh, fixed.

Fair and balanced, you know.

7. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Cool, so we're all in agreement then. The US has a crappy mainstream/mainstream-to-niche media.

8. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Fox News is a lot of fun to watch.

9. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I won't bother with the rep, but this is pretty much the most moronic post ever.

If you don't like it, don't watch. It's not hard. I don't care about horse racing, so I don't watch the horse racing channel I get on my cable system. I don't come on BS and rant that it should be taken off my system.

You're also implying that the rest of the world judges an entire country of 300 million people on one cable channel. Methinks they're not that stupid.

10. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dunno. A significant chunk of this country judges the rest of the world on one cable channel...

11. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Beat me to it. I'd love to see a poll about France and the French conducted amonst regular Fox News watchers.

I mean, we've got evidence right here on Bigsoccer of what happens to you if you watch that channel as a news source, rather than an entertainment one. It causes your already tiny brain to shrivel and disappear.

12. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Surely you don't think FOX and the NY Times are equivalent. :confused:

As far as FOX goes, yes the politics anger me, but I can live with them. The politics of the WSJ's editorial page (which now contains not a single regular liberal writer) anger me too, but the news content in that paper is world-class. This brings me to the real problem with FOX: cable news was already bad enough before they came along, but now that they've taken the lead, there has been a race to the catch the lowest common denominator.

FOX is great if you're really, really interested in such pressing world matters as a missing pretty white girl in Aruba, a murdered pretty white girl in California, a handsome young white man who was bitten by a shark, and the child molestation trial of a funny-looking white musician. Their coverage of Iraq seems to be 10% news from the ground, 30% complaints about how Democrats don't have any better ideas, and 60% grandstanding about how the liberal media wants us to lose the war.

I was going to say that FOX is for morons, but the truth is that FOX also appeals to idiots, imbeciles, dumbasses, and stupidfaces.

13. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you're saying that if we don't like the channel that is the antithesis of the phrase 'fair and balanced' we should just watch something else? I agree. Good point.

14. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Patriotism and journalism can go hand-in-hand; I know it's a foreign concept to you lefties but you need to overcome your basic skepticism and open your mind.

The Double Standard: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161143,00.html

15. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Actually down here Fox news is the only recognizable american news channel in the SAT.

Not to frighten you, you ugly american liberals. ;)

There are also those crazy christian channels... some time ago there was this really entertaining discussion on saudi arabia apparently made by retards for retards.

Not that it is difficult to talk badly about saudi arabia but they managed to make it so dumb it was hilarious.

16. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's it like up at that podium Scott?

17. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Hardly. But differences are what makes the world go round.

How tolerant of you!! You win a cookie. I'll be sure to let the founding fathers know that freedom of the press is alive and well in the Bojendyk's highly refined sensibility.

Ah, bo, funny you should say that because all the LIBERALS on the WSJ are on the REPORTING staff. So, the editorial page, free-market and conservative as it is, "angers" you, but the news pages, rife with liberal leaning reporters is "world class?"

Uh, huh..sure...whatever you say.

Ah, yes, the oh-so-typical contempt from the lefty moonbat sensibility, "all those morons-idiots-imbeciles who watch Fox News...."

And you wonder why you LOSE elections? Keep it up, really, keep it up.

God, you guys are so transparent. It never ceases to amaze me.

18. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Uh oh ... Karl's slipped into pre-formatted autopilot rant mode again. His posts mean even less than normal and the CAPS QUOTIENT is on the rise. Sure signs, both.

I also like how we're getting that comedy cycle where one extreme rightwinger complains about liberals thinking all extreme rightwingers are stupid ... and then InTheNet posts again.

19. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    You don't want all these ITNers commit suicide, do you? How are they going to live without watching Fox News daily?

20. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
  21. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Uh, oh...Matt once again slips into the pre-formatted anti-me rant, when he can't even address the fact that I call out Bo's preposterous hypocritical notions (conservative WSJ Editorial Page "angers" compared to liberal WSJ Reporting as "world-class").

Or the notion, typical in its lefty haughtiness, that Fox "angers" him, but he can live with it...as though HE, and others like him, can deign to have Fox News on the air.

Or the point that folks who watch Fox are "imbeciles" -- in the oh-too-typical patronizing condenscenion that oozes from every sweat gland of the lefty moonbat sensibility.

When faced with the music, all you guys can do is cover your ears, monkey style, and squawk about me, as you hop up and down in outrage.

Now scratch your armpits, grab yourself a banana, and calm down. Gulp gulp.

22. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We don't?

23. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    So Karl - you're saying people who watch Fox for it's "news" content are not imbeciles?

'Nuff said, I guess. As ever :D

24. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    Okay. Maybe we should move Fox News to Iraq, let them commit suicide over there.

25. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You liberals would be much more happy watching Al Jazerra; it squares with your political idealogy and journalistic wants!