THE OFFICIAL FCB-RMCF MATCH THREAD[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by anirbanblah, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well, when 2006 Finals came, Samuel will be there. It probably has to do with his injury than anything.

2. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Real Madrid vs. Barcelona is more than just a game - it's history

'Just hearing the name Real Madrid makes me want to vomit...'
    So said ex-Barcelona forward and full-time grump, Hristo Stoichkov. Such a comment is not just an isolated gripe by a player with a grudge. It is the nature of the relationship between Spain's two most celebrated football clubs.

When Real Madrid's players walk out onto the Nou Camp's hallowed turf in front of 90,000 fans on Saturday night they will be entering the realm of history. The memories of past incidents and the ghosts of legendary players haunt this one like no other game.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3168640

3. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    well i for one am getting increasingly excited about this match, really looking forward to it. it dominates the talk in spain depite an int. match against england, which according to balague noone cares about due to el derby!
    3 days to go!

4. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    sorry if this was mentioned before.....any channels on Dish or time warner digital cable gonna show this game on PPV???? im desperate....and what time does the game start in US Central time??? thanks

5. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who will be logining in Bigsoccer? I probably will be here as the game time is 5 am in morning for me. I might decide to sleep in. I just want to check whill be here.

6. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    if i cant watch the game ill most probably be on bigsoccer

7. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I cannot do pbp because my tv is not in the same room as my computer, but I will update the match. Udsually, someone else beat me to it so it would not matter.

8. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    GOL TV, ON THE DISH NETWORK. CHANNEL 408 IN ENGLISH AND 857 IN SPANISH.

9. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There seems to be a 20 - 30 minute delay between the SkySports telecast & reality. I stopped coming on to our message board 2 games ago. I was reading what was going to happen in the next 30 minutes - where is the fun in that?

10. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Barca, Real renew rivalry in Nou Camp classic

MADRID, Nov 18 (Reuters) - Twice a year Spain is brought to a virtual standstill when its two biggest clubs cross swords in the league, the media shamelessly billing every encounter as the "game of the century".

The nationalistic, political and cultural rivalries that suffuse "el clasico" ensure it is one of the most intensely disputed fixtures in world sport.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-barcelonareal_preview&prov=reuters&type=lgns

Five memorable Barca-Real league matches

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-barcelonarealmatches&prov=reuters&type=lgns

Penpix of Barcelona players

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-barcelonarealpenpixbarca&prov=reuters&type=lgns

Penpix of Real Madrid players

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-barcelonapenpixreal&prov=reuters&type=lgns

11. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    i have also noticed this in some matches, but it doesnt happen in all, many matches are in fact live.
    on a sunday night for instance the match normally kicks off at about 6, but is not shown on skysports til about 8, notice here in the corner it says 'exclusive' and not 'live'.
    however last sunday it was live, and on saturday it will be too, i think it just depends on their schedule, rights etc.
    normally sat night is live, and sun night is delayed by about an hour or two, except on rare occoasions where they show 2 matches on sunday, then they are both live
    on skysports on saturday the prog. starts at 8 30 with the match shown live at 9
    oh yeh, ill probably be on bigsoccer at some points during the match if i dont go out to the pub to watch it.

12. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Ronaldo faces Ronaldinho as Barcelona hosts Madrid in standout league clash

MADRID, Spain (AP) - Forwards Ronaldinho and Ronaldo face each other for the first time in Saturday's eagerly anticipated league clash of Spanish giants FC Barcelona and Real Madrid, just three days after they were teammates in Brazil's shock World Cup qualifying defeat.

With interest in the match at the Camp Nou especially high as Barcelona leads the standings, four points clear of second-place Madrid, the two South Americans have the perfect showcase to display their best form.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3174394

13. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    i am anxiously awaiting the final decison on helguera, now it is a case of will he / wont he.
    hopefully he can get over his injury in time, marca is reporting that he is hopeful and is not yet ruled out for the game. it looks like this one will go down to the wire
    about barca, it seems guily is out of the match after limping off in frances international, does anybody know the situation on puyol?

14. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    SUCCESS!!!!!!

I finally, after hours of calling around, found a bar in Boston that will be showing the game! The Overdraught pub -- 877 Cambridge St. in Cambridge will be showing the game. I am mainly posting this so I don't forget where it is, but I encourage anyone in the New England area to come on out!

As far as the match goes, hopefully Helguera can play. I also hope that Ronaldo keeps his La Liga form separate from his Selecao form, as he supposedly had an awful game vs. Ecuador. I think that he was saving his good finishing and form for Real ;) . Should be a super clasico in the truest sense; this is the first time in a long, long time that the teams are so close to eachother at the top of the table. Still stickin' with a 4-2 Real victory.

15. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Helguera Out...

looks like helguera is definately out for the game according to marca, too bad, we'l just have to defeat them with a less than full strength team now!

16. cocreator

cocreator New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Hello everyone..

I would really like to watch this match but i dont have the channels :( ..
    so does anyone know if this
    match will be shown on the internet?

if you know of any possible sites please let me know..
    thanks

17. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Re: Helguera Out...

if this is the case, which looks pretty much certain, i do really hope mejia comes in, although i think pavon isnt as bad as we make him out to be either and should be given more of a chance than he has had!

Casillas
    Salgado Mejia/Pavon Samuel Carlos
    Figo Becks Guti Zizou
    Ronaldo Raul ​

this is my predicted line-up, same as last match with the exclusion of helguera. the other option in cb is raul bravo, but as mejia got the nod over him last week i expect him to be 3rd choice

barca news: puyol fit, gerard and guily injured

18. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    Re: I've long suspected...

Hahaha. :) Good find from an unexpected source, Sinko!

However, it's a little less funny when you consider the racist, ape-mimicking chanting some were making at the friendly.

But still funny.

21. cocreator

cocreator New Member

Oct 27, 2004
  22. njonkers

njonkers New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Cape Town,SA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

A little less funny! Is that how you describe he's comments!

Those mindless Madrid fans who made the monkey chants is further prove of the right wing goings on in Madrid.

Such behavior would never occur in the Camp Nou if the Spain vs England match were staged in Barcelona.

Then again the match would never have occurred in Camp Nou 'cause the stadium would have been empty. :)

23. echineko

echineko New Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Malaysia

normally i might actually consider what you said seriously, but after your little stunt coming here and calling the team put@s the last time, without even being provoked, you can bloody well bugger off, you sodding troll.

and as for the 'little less funny', he was making an understated comment, not that it literally only was a little less funny. tricky thing, understatement.

24. illuminatus

illuminatus New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Malaysia
    Re: Helguera Out...

DUDE.... WHAT????? :eek: