THE OFFICIAL FCB-RMCF MATCH THREAD[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by anirbanblah, Nov 8, 2004.

1. njonkers

njonkers New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Cape Town,SA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Sarcasm won't help u folks Saturday night my 'white' friend. :D :D

2. echineko

echineko New Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Malaysia
    and idiocy is not helping you now. buzz off...

3. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    according to marca, helguera is not totally ruled out of the game, lets keep the fingers crossed

4. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Another example that I'm smarter, there is no sarcasm in 'fact'. See, nowhere in there do you see the word 'sarcasm'.

If it was multiple 'facts' instead of just one, then I would understand why you would mix up both words....I mean, they both have the letter 's' in them. Very easy to mistake them for one another. Now you were just stupid though. :p

5. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    At least, if he were to play saturday, this injury would have kept him out of the international on wednesday, and not make him any more tired for the 'real' game than necessary.

There's still many injuries possible on both sides with all the nations playing this week. Luckily we don't have to worry about Zidane and Figo anymore with that.

6. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    your smack is really diminishing in quality oscar. trying to make fun of people for pressing 'c' instead of alt 135?

7. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Somebody from Barcelona wouldn't write Barca because it doesn't even remotely have the same meaning, that's not smack, that's a fact. You people seem to have a problem understanding what this word means, so me being the nice guy that I am, here's a link with the definition: Super duper niceguy Link

I can't possibly come up with the original and highly entertaining barça 'smack' that is...
    ...so I don't even try anymore.

Hey, njonkers, now that was a good example of sarcasm. Live and learn. :D

8. njonkers

njonkers New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Cape Town,SA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Oscar ek het nie meer worrde vir jou nie.

We will talk after the Clasico. :D :D

9. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I tried understanding what was written here with my recently bought 'moron dictionary', but even that failed. I knew I shouldn't have been such a cheapskate, and bought the more expensive 'stupid beyond imagination dictionary'. :(

You won't get any more or less smarter than me in a week, ¿how will talking after the game change that you are dumb?

10. njonkers

njonkers New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Cape Town,SA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Okay I will be the bigger man and quit this childish banter.

:) :)

11. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    That would have probably worked better if you weren't the one that started it in the first place. ;)

12. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it is looking very likely that both Helguerra & Puyol will miss the game due to injuries. Potential goal fest in the making?

13. njonkers

njonkers New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Cape Town,SA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Where did u see the news about Puyol not playing ?

14. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Puyol no supera las pruebas médicas y es baja contra Inglaterra

Carles Puyol no superó las pruebas médicas a las que fue sometido por parte de los servicios médicos de la selección española y se une a la baja de Helguera para el amistoso del miércoles ante Inglaterra.

Los doctores consideraron que no se encontraba en condiciones de jugar el miércoles, en el partido a beneficio de la Asociación de Futbolistas Españoles(AFE). Puyol, que comió con el resto de sus compañeros de la selección, regresó a Barcelona tras almorzar con los internacionales.

http://www.marca.com/edicion/noticia/0,2458,560405,00.html

17. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Roberto Carlos: “We have got the measure of Camp Nou”

He is a veteran of classic matches. An appointment that gives him a special feeling: “There are many things that motivate you differently compared with other appointments”. Roberto Carlos has analyzed for Realmadrid.com, the duel against Barcelona: “The circumstances of the game favour us. Beating us would give them a big morale boost”. His forecast doesn´t allow for any doubt: “Tick a ‘2’ in the sports lottery”. The reasons he gives to justify it: “We want to rejoin the path to titles”.

http://www.realmadrid.com/web_realm...icia.jsp?idnoticia=43476&sec=1&subsec=0&esp=1

18. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Re: Roberto Carlos: “We have got the measure of Camp Nou”

Is anyone else concerned about what condition Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos are going to come back from Ecuador in? They'll have done a lot of flying by the time they get back, not to mention any threat of injury. That Ronaldinho has to contend with the same thing doesn't make me any less concerned.

19. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    I can't wait for this game every year. This year however, being a Porker, I really can't wait to see Figo vs Deco. They weren't the best of friends on the Portugal national team so I'd like to see what happens in this game. All in all, good luck to both teams.

20. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    Re: Roberto Carlos: “We have got the measure of Camp Nou”

when are they due back? it's a short trip with a lot of travel involved - hope they're not too jet lagged by the time the game comes around...

21. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    It's also the first time ever Ronaldo has faced Ronaldinho. Should be one for the ages, no matter how you look at it. I don't wanna get started too early, but I'm predicting a 4-2 Real victory, with 2 Ronaldo goals, and 1 each by Owen and Raul, and Eto'o and Ronaldinho for Barca.

22. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    if helguera's out...madrid will probably play raul owen and ronaldo right???....im hoping to see this...with morientes coming off the bench...im predicting a 4-2 Madrid win.......down with Barca...hala madrid!

23. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    I think that if Helguera's out we'll see Samuel and Pavon in the back, and the regulars everywhere else. Unless Guti or Beckham are injured tomorrow, and Raul has to drop back into the midfield, then we might see Owen start. But I don't think he will; I assume we'll see (assuming we're without Helguera; if he's fit he'll replace Pavon):
    ------------Casillas
    Salgado--Pavon--Samuel--RCarlos
    Figo----Guti---Beckham----Zidane
    ----------Raul---Ronaldo

24. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    kaberon10, I think your line-up is what we will see on Saturday. But I shudder to think of Pavon & Samuel chasing after Eto'o.

Do you realize of all of Real Madrid's starting 11, only one man was not selected by the national team (or would have been, if they hadn't retired)? Walter Samuel is the only one. Ouch, that has to hurt.

Those were some interesting remarks from Roberto Carlos. And he is right. The pressure is on Barcelona, not Real Madrid. They are protecting their home ground. And even with our bad start, and their great start, if we win then we are only one point behind in La Liga. Unbelievable.