The Official: "Ezra for Captain" Thread

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by CCTX SoccerFreak, Jun 28, 2005.

1. CCTX SoccerFreak

CCTX SoccerFreak New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    Hendrickson a leader for Chivas USA

"The guys have looked at me as a leader from the start," Hendrickson said. "I'm someone who's going to keep the morale of the team and make sure the locker room stays confident and stays positive. It hasn't been easy for us." Perhaps Hendrickson has had the most influence of any other Chivas USA player on the field. He's the only player to have played in all 1440 minutes, tops in Major League Soccer.

Putting in a workmanlike effort on a daily basis is his modus operandi but part of that effort is geared towards helping groom youngsters into professionals.

"If I go out there and put that kind of effort, those guys see that especially the younger guys," Hendrickson said. "Those guys are like 'Hey, if he's 33 and putting in that kind of effort over 90 minutes then why can't I?'"

I love this guy man....seriously....this is the kind of Captain this team needs right now!!

2. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Member

May 30, 2005
    Harrison, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It can't happen ... he's not Ramon Ramirez. While he is undoubtedbly playing the most inspired futbol for Chivas, he doesn't stand for Chivas like Ramon Ramirez stands for Chivas. I think the most important attribute for a captain is that he bleeds the team's colors and that he's the human embodiment of what the club stands for/aspires to be ... not necesserily the best player.

3. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Ezra could easily be captain but he doesnt speak Spanish so that probably rules him out right there. I don't necessarily agree with that but I'm sure that's how the team would see that.

4. Calisco2003

Calisco2003 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    SoCal

Yeah, but Ramirez doesn't speak English. If that is what they care about, they should get someone who is bilingual.

5. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    That's a good point. They should have a captain that speaks both languages.

6. calciosoccer

calciosoccer Red Card

Mar 21, 2004
    Santa Barbara
    The real captain speaks the language of soccer.
    Stop this bla bla bla . And end of story !

7. Calisco2003

Calisco2003 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    SoCal
    Looking at the teams record so far, it sure doesn't look like he speaks the language of soccer.

8. Paulnoku

Paulnoku Red Card

Jun 14, 2005
    One captain isn´t created and imposed.