The official Chivas USA Open Cup thread [R]

Discussion in 'US Open Cup' started by SoulflyTribeFC, Jul 1, 2005.

1. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Not exactly true, dont htey have a friendly?

2. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    I don't think so. They played the mighty Seahorses last week :rolleyes:

Galaxy-Real Madrid
    DC-Chelsea
    Chicago-Milan
    Chivas-Seahorses

:fvcking embarrasing:

3. implacable

implacable New Member

May 16, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Has anybody bought their tickets for the 8/3 game? If so..have you gotten a confirmation by email?
    I fill the request and I thought I had purchased my tickets but at the end of the process, the form said that I would receive confirmation vía email within 72 hours. It has not been 72 yet, but I have not received another email nor my credit card has been charged.
    Do you guys think it's going to be a sold-out? I read the Track & Field "only" fits 10,000. Is the Galaxy organization being selective about how they sell their tickets? Or am I just being unpatient?

4. SoulflyTribeFC

Mar 24, 2002
    The first three losses to the Galaxy this year will be forgiven if Chivas can win tonight.

Chivas has been playing as good as they have all season, ever!, so I think we will see a good team tonight. Whether or not we get the W, we'll find out. Last time, Chivas outplayed the Gals and still lost and Landon's back. But we were without Douglas Sequeira and Ramon Ramirez then, so we'll see.

The key will obviously be containing Landon. If he does not have too many touches, then CDCU can be successful. But even if he does, CDCU can still come out ahead if they stop the rest of the Galaxy. In the only game he's played against Chivas, Landon only had one assist. Two of the Galaxy's goals came off of set pieces that game and the other five goals IIRC were on counters; well, most if not all were on counters.

CDCU has come a long way since the first two games. I think you'll see a game more like the one in July, when Chivas had a lot of chances but could not score. I think it'll be low-scoring, maybe three total goals. I wouldn't be surprised to see this end up in extra time and even PKs.

I think CDCU is taking this more seriously than the Galaxy if only because their chances of an MLS Cup are pretty much gone so they're going to do whatever they can to win something this year. The Galaxy still think they can win MLS Cup (pause for laughter) so they are probably more focused on Saturday's game in Colorado.

So I predict: Chivas 2, Galaxy 1 A.E.T

5. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Where is everybody?

Douglas put on in in the 4th minute but Cobi equalized in the 16th.

1-1 right now.

6. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
    Galaxy 3 - 2 Chivas

72 min

7. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Ouch
    5-2 LA

8. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The official Chivas USA out of the Open Cup thread . . . now. ;)

9. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Followed by the official Galaxy out of the Open Cup thread courtesy of 2 own goals...

Have fun in San Jose Landycakes...

10. SoulflyTribeFC

Mar 24, 2002
    Make that the Galaxy fvck themselves in the arse and couldnt beat a women's team on the road thread.

That'll be the fifth consecutive road loss for those bastards by then...

At least we've got one thing in common with the Gals: neither of us winning sh!t this year

11. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somebody is terribly bitter about their team being so poor and their predictions being so off base. My Galaxy may not be favorites for either the MLS Cup or the Open Cup but we're at least going to compete, unlike the Chivas Lite team you support. I don't know what I would like to see more, the Galaxy get a decent coach or just the opportunity to play CDCU every other week.

Here's an idea, you and the other three Chivas USA supporters can meet with the front office people and talk about which Mexican savior is going to turn your fortunes around around while sharing some more mind altering "supplements". Face it, you guys are awful and all the boasting in the world won't change that. Come back in a few years when you can compete. Hell, you are the first team in MLS history that would actually benefit from relegation.

12. SoulflyTribeFC

Mar 24, 2002
    At least we have room to improve and we don't hate our coach. There are no "Hans Westerhof Sucks" threads on our boards or no "Fire Cue" threads either, you fvcking malcontents.

You guys are getting off easy by not having to play Chivas with Palencia, with Juan Pablo Garcia, with Pirata Castro. Those guys will instantly raise the quality of this team.

This first year has been the best thing that could have happened, actually. Now Vergara and Cue know what it takes to win in this league and you cant win with second division players here. Palencia, Garcia, Castro, those are the kinds of guys they should have come with since the beginning.

I hope you enjoy beating up on the downtrodden. Have fun playing on the road and getting your asses handed to you the rest of the month.

13. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. If by being a fvcking malcontent, you mean we care about whether or not out team sucks, I plead guilty. The reason you don't have any threads dedicated to firing Westerhof is because he couldn't fix things if he had ten new players. Hell, you should feel sorry for Hans like we do.
    2. You guys can sign Palencia, Garcia and Jesus Christ for all I care and it won't keep you from finishing last. And yes, we'll kick your a$$ next year with those guys.
    3. What on God's green earth has shown you or anybody else that Vergara and Cue "now" know what it takes to win in this league. The only thing I've seen them learn is to keep their mouths shut (you could learn a thing or two from them as well) and quit making stupid bets. Its embarassing.
    4. Downtrodden? Your team is just bad. Have fun watching us in the playoffs. Oh yea, and the rent is due again this month, b!tch.

14. orbie

orbie New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Austin
    I was curious which rivalry is bigger Galaxy v. SJ or CDC ?

As a MLS fan I' m happy to have Chivas in the league. Few teams in the league play with as much heart. And even while they have a poor record they play exciting soccer (unlike the rapids as of late). Let's also not forget that they are also playing with a back up keeper. You can't expect an expansion team to take home the cup in thier freshman season.

As for Chivas bringing in future stars, MLS needs it. It can only raise the bar for the level of play in MLS.

15. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is only one rival and that is NoCal. Something about them being pissed about all the water we steal. Seriously, I hated watching hem lift the Cup in our house and Chivas Lite will have to win a few games head to head before anybody can call it a rivalry.

16. SoulflyTribeFC

Mar 24, 2002
    MLS is not the English Premiership. All it takes is time. Vergara made a winner out of Saprissa in Costa Rica and soon CDCU will be a winner here. That's it. In time, meaning next year, Chivas will be more than competitive.

What's your excuse going to be next week after you lose to CDCU? Sampson sucks? Naldo sucks? Pando sucks? Dougie sucks?

BTW Palencia ain't some pvssy b1tch scrub from some piece of crap national team (i.e. Worthless Pando). There aren't too many players in MLS of his caliber and if you don't recognize that, you truly are an idiot.

17. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Samprissa doesn't play in the English Premiership or even a league as good as MLS. Your analogy is pointless.

Next year CDCU will be more than competitive? Doubtful, but I'd settle for just competitive.

As far as next week goes, Sampson does suck, Naldo sucks, Pando has been a huge disappointment and yes Dougie has been awful in regards to the product on the field, but you still won't win.

And finally I NEVER said anything about Palencia being a pvssy b1tch scrub, so don't put words in my mouth. In fact I think he is a fine player. So was Luis Hernandez, who I supported as a Galaxy player. But Palencia is not any better or more accomplished than 8 or 10 other forwards currently in this league. he will help them score more goals perhaps, but he will not keep them from giving up a ton of goals at the back and finishing dead last. In fact Palencia would have a much greater impact in this league if he were to play for a decent team, like the Galaxy.

The rent is still due at the end of the month, this month, next month and the one after that. Keep trying.

18. SoulflyTribeFC

Mar 24, 2002
    Wow. I was with you until that.

More accomplished? Have 8-10 MLS forwards been on two World Cup teams?

Let me think off the top of my head which current MLS forwards have been on two World Cup teams...

.... still thinking...um...I can barely think of any forwards who have been on one World Cup team, let alone two...

let's expand the search to any players who have played in multiple World Cups...

okay, we've got some hits. Eddie Pope, Cobi Jones, Frankie Hejduk, Jeff Agoos, Ramon Ramirez.... I don't think there are any more. None of these guys are forwards, so on being accomplished, on World Cup appearances alone, Palencia's got all MLS forwards beat.

And what about his skill? Well, he was a key part of a team that went to the semifinals of Copa Libertadores, so what does that say about his current form? In 2001, he was a key part of a team who reached the final and went out in PKs. So it wasn't a fluke.

oh, and your point about Saprissa playing in a weak league is flawed. Saprissa won the CCC this year, or did you forget about that? Remember, they beat the KC Wizards along the way and then eliminated Pumas in the final, the same Pumas team that kicked our beloved MLS' DC United by a fvcking 6-1 aggregate. I'm not saying that the Costa Rican league is better than MLS, but Saprissa is better than our best.

About giving up a ton of goals, feel free to pay attention to Chivas. Open Cup notwithstanding, have you seen Chivas play lately?

Results in July

CHI L 0-1
    RSL W 5-1
    GAL L 0-2
    NE W 1-0

That's not a ton of goals allowed there. Look at the galaxy's games in July

NE T 1-1
    NY L 1-2
    CHV W 2-0
    DC L 0-1
    NE T 1-1

Chivas had a better month than the Galaxy; six points to five points and the Gals played an extra game. And we each allowed an average of a goal a game. And we beat NE, you guys couldn't.

With Francisco Gomez, a midfielder playing central defense, with a rookie (Esteban Arias) playing in the back, and minus Sequiera (he missed most of July), Chivas' defense improved considerably. Pirata Castro is going to help the defense and Palencia and Juan Pablo Garcia are going to give us some punch up front. Hans is the best coach in LA, so we've got that going for us too.

Our season is getting better; question is, is there enough time? The Gals' season could be over soon. If y'all lose at Colorado, they will be five points back of you guys!!! And no more home games until September 4!!! By then, you might be in fifth place!!!

19. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, you are the one who started the league comparison, not me. Samprissa is a very good team (yes I saw them beat DC and KC) and yet they play in a league that isn't half what MLS is, period.

As far as Palencia goes, if your definition of accomplished is WC teams then Cobi Jones is the "best" player in the league? Hardly. But if your contention is that Palencia is any better that Donovan, Ruiz, Wolff, Twellman, DeRosario, Moreno, Razov, Kreis, Mathis, Cunningham, or EJ, you are kidding yourself, and all the hype in the world won't change what will happen in the next two months. Now if Borghetti was coming.....

Finally, your selective set of statistics killed me. "We had a better month than you (in July), but we gave up five goals the other night to you in an Open Cup game that shouldn't be taken into consideration." Very scientific. In other words CDCU is doing much better, except for when they aren't. Last is last and the stats don't lie. CDCU has the worst home record in the league, tied for the worst road record (yes, worse that the Galaxy's), the worst goal differential and the highest goals allowed in the league. Except for their one big outburst against the other expansion team, their results are pathetic, especially when management made bold predictions for this team. Call me when you leave the basement, in about three years.

20. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    This thread made a quick 180, although I agree the LA-SJ rivalry is among the best in MLS.

However, if you look at the two California rivalries, each one brings something unique to the table.

Sj rivalry; is mostly settled on the field.

Chi rivalry; is settled off the field, the Riot Squad have kicked it up another notch; with the Guzan Mom dolls, and the soon Goatbusters chants and etc. While the Chivas USA fans bring what they have learned from the fans in Mexico.

I have to agree the Chivas organization has impressed me, with the moves they have/are making.

They realized that MLS is the real deal and are bringing in some REAL promising talent, and a worthy veteran.
    I see them being a force in about 2 seasons, the players/manager need to get use to the level of play here in MLS, and sooner than not they will have a really good team.

21. SoulflyTribeFC

Mar 24, 2002
    You brought up accomplished, not me. Palencia is good enough to merit a callup to the MNT, period. He was a key part of a Copa Libertadores semifinalist and not just any team can get that far.

As far as the forwards comparison goes... again, wow. Do you watch soccer outside of MLS? Some of the guys you brought up are crap.

I'll give you Landon and Ruiz and EJ. Palencia's in that category as far as talent goes.

Wolff is a piece of sht and you know it.

Mathis?!? He of the two goals??

I hope you mean Jaime Moreno and not Alejandro Moreno; judging by your knowledge, I can't tell which Moreno you mean, but whichever one you're talking about, Palencia is leaps and bounds better.

DeRosario isn't even a forward. Razov and Cunningham are so good, they can't seem to stay on one team.

Twellman's an enigma but a talented one at that. I'd actually like to see him get a callup to the USMNT.

Kreis is a good club player and that's about it.

We did have a better month than you. Six points is more than five points.

And at the end of the day, three goals, five goals, there's no difference in that. The game was over and it made no difference that you scored the last two goals.

And who cares about management? How does that reflect on us? How does that reflect on me? Sigi got fired last year, does that reflect on you any? Doug Hamilton said he expected the Galaxy not just to win, but to play attractive soccer. Does that reflect on you? You have a beef with management, take it up with them.

They didn't think highly of MLS. So fvcking what? They do now. They brought in a World Cup veteran, an up-and-coming superstar, a very solid and dependable and proven Mexican league veteran and another talented goalkeeper instead of bringing in more second division guys. They brought in a former coach at PSV and Ajax; you might have heard of those teams. They're taking this very seriously now. It may be too late for this year, it may not; that will be decided soon.

And don't give me that bullsh!t about the other expansion team. That other expansion team beat you and tied you, and you guys got two wins from them too. Or should we minimize those wins simply because they are against an expansion team? Should we take those points away from you? And don't forget about New England, the team you guys couldn't put away.

I can't believe I used to cheer for your pathetic team... I'm glad Sigi got fired now; it made me see the light.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. annoying04

annoying04 New Member

Dec 20, 2004
    california
    ummm... Chicago?

23. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Oh, yeah? Well, listen, pal, you've got a lot of damn nerve talking about pathetic teams when....

....aw, I can't stay mad at your avatar.

24. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shouldn't this thread have been closed at midnight Wednesday? Or are you guys talking about next year already?

25. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just grateful you don't. What I can't believe is you believe what you post. Do I watch soccer outside of MLS? More than you know for longer than you've been alive.

Look if Palencia is the answer why isn't he staying in Mexico? Could it be because he's past his prime? he won't score as many goal in MLS as any of the guys I mentioned, including sh!tty Josh Wolff who has two goals against Mexico and 8 total in 37 USNT appearances. But we're talking club soccer and all those guys including JAIME Moreno are proven goalscorers in this league.

I'll stand by my statements and you can predict any fantasy you want because that's what these boards are for, but check back with me in a few years when you team is no longer a bad joke. BTW, you just coughed up another lead, and are trailing RSL 2-1 in the 2nd half.

Bye now, and oh yea, the rent is due.