The Official Atlanta Beat Schedule Gripe![R]

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Poachin_Goalz, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Poachin_Goalz

Poachin_Goalz Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Athens, GA.
    I have been reviewing the schedule for 2003 and I noticed that the Beat better have a fast start this year. Our home games are front loaded at the beginning of the season. That five game road trip towards the end of the season could kill our year. I don't know why WUSA would allow that. The road games are even more of a grind at the end of the season and to give us five in a row!!!!! We started out slow in 2002. If that happens again, we may be in trouble. Preseason paranoia....ain't it great!!!!!

2. piper

piper New Member

Although I don't understand why they'd schedule 5 road games at the end of the season, I have a feeling that these girls are coming in with a whole new hunger to kick ass this year.

With some of the same great faces mixed in with a couple of new ones... I think this is gonna be a dangerous team.

I believe in ma girls. :D Although, I do share a little bit of your preaseason paranoia. But think of it this way (or I will :D), I'm a huge UCONN Huskies fan. Who would have thought that after losing all the seniors that a team, a young team with NO senior leadership would or could have gone 29-0 this season? And not just 29-0, but 68-0 since last season.

I'll tell you that after they won the NC last season and this season began with a bunch of freshman who'd have to step in... I thought they'd stink it up.

But they haven't.

I'm gonna apply that same train of thought to my Beatniks.

They're gonna kick ass.

3. Kim-GoBeat!

Kim-GoBeat! New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Thugsville, USA
    Have no fear, PG. I think we have one of the strongest, if not the strongest team in the league. I don't look for a slow start. I would be terribly surprised if the Beat didn't come out hungry and on fire from the get-go. There will be a lot of new blood on the team and with it, excitement and anticipation. However, I think we as fans have to do our part. We have to support this team with our presence and our loud voices in the stands. With the support we are capable of lending and the talent Tom Stone has gathered together... we should have anything but a slow start!

WAR BEAT!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Mike Lane

Mike Lane New Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Atlanta
    Whereas I don't like the way the schedule is loaded, I can see trying to avoid games in Atlanta in July and August, when it can be nasty hot. We have been lucky the past two summers... we didn't have any horrible weather. There were games in DC and Phily when the teemperature on the field was over 100. That's not conducive to good soccer.

5. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's so Tony Dicicco-esque, minus the WAR BEAT!!!!!!!!!!! part of course ;)

6. Poachin_Goalz

Poachin_Goalz Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Athens, GA.
    We have a great deal of depth on this team so that will hopefully help us weather the storm. Hopefully the Beat will hit the ground running this year. I think that this is our best team yet. However, there were alot of good players available in the draft this year and I think that every team is improved. I look forward to cheering on the Beat (and booing Prinz).