The Official 2023 Korea National Team Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Dec 31, 2022.

1. Tazza

Tazza Member

Nov 2, 2010
    The alternative should have been to allow the new technical director to do his actual job and back their decision (which seemed to be Moreno). Instead we got CMK basically hiring Klinsmann on his own and the technical director forced to do a press conference for a manager he got forced into hiring.

From what I saw, the public opinion on Moreno wasn't positive but not negative either when reports started surfacing about him. I think most fans would have accepted and backed him if he got hired, especially if the FA did a decent job explaining his hiring. After what 2 decades of big name managers turning us down, it didn't feel like most fans expected us to get a big name this time around.

It is what it is though. Klinsmann's staff looks good compared to what we're used to so maybe it'll work out in the end and we get a relatively top level manager after success in 2026.

Seol Korea repped this.
  2. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't know, judging from the netizens post regarding Moreno, a lot of them were strongly against it, and so few actually for it. There were even posters who went in depth with Moreno's career background, tactics and style of play, yet they refused to see the bigger picture because he "lacked" managerial experience especially with the national team, and his managerial career only lasting roughly 3 years with failures at Monaco and Granada. Only when articles of Klinsmann popped up did they pull a 180 in favor of Moreno.

I was probably one of the few on bsk where I openly stated that I wouldn't have minded having Klinsmann as our manager (This was way before the hiring process began), simply because I knew there would be a good chance of him being open to the knt job, but more so actually wanting him to prove himself especially having been with the TSG. But, I was also one of the very few where I was for Robert Moreno as our manager due to him being a realistic candidate for the knt job as well as his impressive career as an assistant where his tactics could've translated decently with our national team.

With that being said, my choice was easily Moreno over Klinsmann, and obvious I wasn't too happy about Mong-gyu's push for Klinsmann, but he is our manager and I will give him my full support as I did with Bento. Who knows? maybe he'll be able to turn his career around with the knt than he'd ever have with Bayern, Hertha, or the usmnt. Also, we have a decent assistant manager in Herzog while we have two world class German coaches in Koepke and Leuthard, so this would be one of the top coaching staff we'll ever have aside from the Hiddink era imo.

I can't speak for everyone else here, but I'm actually looking forward to seeing our matches on the 24th and the 28th.

3. Tazza

Tazza Member

Nov 2, 2010
    I'm cautiously optimistic about Klinsmann too. His press conferences at least showed some self-reflection on his part and USMNT actually looked pretty decent with Klinsmann until Herzog left.

One thing I still don't get is why JMG hired Muller if all he wanted was a 허수아비 technical director when he was going to hire Klinsmann anyway. Couldn't he have just used a Korean techincal director? Makes me think JMG doesn't have full control of the Korean techincal director pool / host of VPs the KFA has. Especially since reports have come out that the 전력강화 group weren't consulted at all about Klinsmann. Smells like some weird political in-fighting going on.

Regardless, I'm just hoping in 2026 we actually get a clear process for hiring a manager.

4. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    From sources I heard, it was solely on Chung Mong-kyu.
    Chung and Klinsmann have got along well since U20 World Cup 2017. Klinsmann was one of KNT manager job candidates after the 2018 World Cup.

5. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    Can’t wait to see how Korea will play. We are playing against a Colombian side that is not as strong as the past friendlies, so I’m hoping for a good result, but definitely the way we play is the most key. The one position I’m curious to see is who’s gonna be between the sticks

6. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Kim Young-gwon finally joins the century club.

[​IMG]

7. CaliforniaSoccerDad

Mar 29, 2022
    California
    Can't the Hyundai billionaires on the football committee write a bigger check?
    If I were a billionaire, that's the stuff I would spend money on...
    "Hey yo Klopp, Pep, Jose... here are the checks we talked about... just write whatever you want on it... yes bring all of your staff..."

8. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    The rich are rich for a reason. They are businessmen. So they dont spend money unless they know they will get more back.

9. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Unpatriotic, shallow bstdz. Common (footballing) interest should go above private financial interests.

10. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Wish the rich thinks the same way haha

11. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The rich can simply go fcuk off.

12. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018

An absolute bombshell. Not the smartest thing to say, new era with high hopes begins and this happens… Being a KNT fan can be hard work

13. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    When you're being bombarded with transfer questions, you'd be pissed too. He definitely has been playing a lot and he definitely deserves a break. And besides, he's well aware of the knt's situation without him at the back.

14. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    I’m sure it is annoying, but again not the wisest thing to say. Now if the reason he said it was because of how tired he is dealing with the bs of the higher ups of the KFA? Do yo thing bro, spill all that 차

LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  15. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    #115 LeeSeungWoo, Mar 28, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
    Still not a wise thing to say in the current situation when we are doing a fresh new start. I guess I was wrong about this guy. Not a future captain.

Looks like something is going on with him. KYG mentioned " it will cheer KMJ up" when everyone shouted "KIM KIM KIM" last week. I guess other players know what's going on and they can relate to it. But you still shouldn't say things like that to the media..

nmssis repped this.
  16. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    Kim Min Jae blocked Son on Instagram, what is going on… apparently Jurgen is gonna visit Kim in April, maybe some amends can get repaired.

17. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
  18. the rainmaker

the rainmaker Member

DCFC
    Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
  19. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #119 Bluewings21, Mar 29, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
    Kim-Son issue is not that of seriousness.
    Wherever people gather together, you should expect there is a some kind of conflict or politics because that's just a part of human nature.
    What's more important is that KFA decision to pardon 100 people involved in match-fixing, bribery, negligence, and other illegal activities at an awkward timing. This may have something to do with government....... KFA is a member of the Korea Sports Council hence its regulations must be in accordance with that of KSC. There is no such regulation that a KSC member organization can pardon those who were involved in illegal activities without consent from KSC. But CMK seems to be reluctant of sticking with his decision despite of being aware of that. Without government involvement, this wouldn't be possible.

We must demand KFA to open the list of that 100 pardonees. The answer is there.

20. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Since they're referring to the 2011 K-League match fixing scandal, Choi Sung-kook and Kim Dong-hyun are guaranteed on that list. But, I also wouldn't be surprised if Jang Hak-young is included as well.

21. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    They are just decoys. No K-League clubs would accept them as their coaches or other staffs. Actually they have made lots of $$$ by tutoring young players aged from 12-18 their own. They wouldn't give damn about the pardon anyway. The other 52 non-player pardonees are the keys. One of them will likely run for the next KFA presidency and that man must have some association with the government.....

22. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Lionel Richie repped this.
  23. Tazza

Tazza Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Rumor is that this is basically a coup attempt to force Jung Mong Gyu out.

Everyone at the 사임 이사회 resigned so JMG is practically all by himself now.

I really hope JMG resigns after this but chances are that he'll probably see out the rest of his tenure. On the brightside though, should dampen his chances of re-election (which technically shouldn't even be allowed since I think it's his third term already but he's re-written rules before).

Lionel Richie and the rainmaker repped this.
  24. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    If I was Klinsmann I would be pissed as fk. All these dramas as soon as he started..

Lionel Richie repped this.