The Official 2022 Korean NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Gayageum, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  2. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #102 Bluewings21, Sep 12, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
    Other than NSH, I like the squad in general.

In my opinion, the reason why Paulo seems to be reluctant to rule out NSH and KCH is because Paulo thinks they fit into his system better than other K-Leaguers.

They are backups to begin with anyway. If they get significant playing time in the World Cup, we are seriously f**ked up as likes of Son, HIM, LJS would be injured or suspended due to cumulative Yello Cards.

3. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think YHJ is just a replacement for injured Um Won-sang this time around. I highly doubt his chances of making the final squad on November.

I know you and I both want to see him in Qatar on November though.

4. dougdimmadome

dougdimmadome Member

Nov 16, 2021
    Team selection would've been perfect if we had included Hong Hyun Seok and Lee Seung Woo, but the fact that Kang in and Son Jun Ho were picked made my day. I do believe with Kang in, it significantly raises our possibility of getting out of that group. Best FK taker, great penalty taker, press resistant, and best vision out of any KNT player. Bento will have to figure out how to work with his weaknesses though.

Bluewings21 and Seol Korea repped this.
  5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's not your opinion lol, Bento said this multiple times that he favors who he thinks/feels are better suited for his system. In the early stages he favored Nam Tae-hee up until Na Sang-ho emerged and dropped him like a hot cake, but then again we have better CAMs than him anyway.

Also, it would be a kick in the teeth if he performs well at the WC if he were to be given minutes on the pitch.

Bluewings21 repped this.
  6. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LKI improved his weakness in mobility, pace, and contribution to support defense. It is evident game after game at Mallorca. He can provide different qualities LJS and HIB don't have. I find this very positive that they can make up for each other well in the midfield.

7. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #107 Seol Korea, Sep 12, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
    It's really unfortunate on what happened to Lee Seung-woo, lacking minutes in Europe/struggling to keep career in Europe only to end up back home, but that's the reality with a lot of our young talent pool that not everyone will succeed despite being gifted as such. At the very least he’s back in K1 and doing well, unlike Jang Gyeol-hee whom retired so damn early :(.

It's too late for him at going to the WC though, should've been at least selected for the eaff e-1 football championship the least. Hopefully we see him back post WC for the Asian Cup.

8. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Speaking of LSW, he is not fit enough to play 90 minutes even with the pace of K-League at this point. That has to do with his lack of playing time in Europe over several years.
    He should be able to play full 90 minutes next season and get a change to play for KNT at the Asian Cup 2023.

9. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    KCH is in the squad not just because he fits into Bento's schemes but also because he is one of the most dynamic players we have. He will take on defenders, make runs and create spaces. And he needs to start.

10. Bom23

Bom23 Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Agreed on all points. But he also needs to offer a goal threat and he hasn’t scored this season :confused:… Needs to regain form but might be tough as he’s still doing military service

11. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    LSW should've been picked over NSH..

He scored multiple goals today.

12. dougdimmadome

dougdimmadome Member

Nov 16, 2021
    Unfortunately, with Bento's stubbornness, the only person that can replace NSH is Nam Tae Hee lol.

13. dougdimmadome

dougdimmadome Member

Nov 16, 2021
    What would your starting XI be? This is mine:
    .................HUJ/CGS
    .......SHM.....LKI.....HHC
    ................SJH - HIB
    KJS - KMJ - KYG/KKY - KMH

Although I'm starting to think HHC is better off the bench. I would consider little JWY over HHC. I'm still not sure who is more effective.

14. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    While Paulo choosing KCH/NSH over Kim Dae-won doesn't logically make sense, Both NSH and KCH won't likely have significant playing time in Qatar as they are just backups. They have been with KNT under PB longer than any other candidates in the position so PB takes conservative approach in that regard.

15. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    As for substitutes behind the striker position, Um Won-sang and Lee Kang-in will be the highest priority in replacing Lee Jae-sung/Hwang In-beom. Not to forget to mention Jeong Woo-yeong.

16. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    #116 12th Player, Sep 14, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    Those sets of players fill different roles in Bento's schemes. HIB is a box-to-box with a mix of technicality, disruptive skills and attacking instincts that no one else on the team offers. He's a lock to start (as he was in 3 of the 4 friendlies in June) and I would agree with that. LKI is anything but a box-to-box. He's a high reward, high reward presence and I don't think Bento has figured out how to utilize it.

Bento is a conservative manager who's going to stick with what he thinks has worked.
    "We have not changed our style of play so far, and there's no reason why we should at this moment," Bento said in an online prematch press conference. "Even when we deployed different formations in past matches, we still maintained our basic tactical structure. The important thing is to maintain our system and play within that framework." (June 2021)

dougdimmadome and Bluewings21 repped this.
  17. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Agree with your words.

I am just pointing out that LKI, UWS, and JWY will be used as subs more than NSH and KCH.

12th Player repped this.
  18. dougdimmadome

dougdimmadome Member

Nov 16, 2021
    Agree with above. But I feel like in a world cup group stage where two teams are expected to beat us and the other has received a gigantic buff (Ghana's signing of Inaki Williams, Salisu, and Lamptey), we need to play risky. My quip with 2018 was that we played so conservatively against Sweden.

19. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    I hope that is the case. I seriously don't want to see NSH on the pitch.

dougdimmadome repped this.
  20. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    This one's odd but...

Does anyone have access to 2019 U-20 WC full KNT matches?

21. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Japan and South Korea are both in my four team list (Canada and Tunisia are there as well) for teams who could advance against the general consensus.

It would be nice to see some Asian representation in the knockouts.

Iran have a shot too albeit I favour the US boys in that group to come in 2nd.
    The rest of Asian squads are toast.

22. dougdimmadome

dougdimmadome Member

Nov 16, 2021
    Japan nor SK will. Look at their groups.

23. Bom23

Bom23 Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    you are hella annoying

It’s not likely we advance but i support KNT only because i hope we beat the odds. 투혼

24. dougdimmadome

dougdimmadome Member

Nov 16, 2021
    You're being a crybaby over my opinion, which is that the teams in both Korea and Japan's groups are unlikely to be upset. On the contrary, Iran's group is an easy upset for them.

25. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    NSH will be likely dropped from this edition of KNT due to ankle injury.
    It is broken so that Paulo will have to rule him out on November as well.
    As much as I don't like to see a player going down with injury, this should open up the competition for better candidates.

nmssis repped this.